What am I suppose to do on the Timeless Isle?

After I do the one quest that is available am I suppose to just grind mobs for coins to buy gear at the vendor. And kill the world boss' once a week for a chance at loot. What else is there to do. Chase Rares?

Grind for Burdens of Eternity to upgrade armor tokens to ilvl 535 gear.

Grind emperor rep to get the mount (at exalted).

Get coins for that mount.

Use coins to try for Burdens of Eternity from that hozen in the cave.

Kill rares for various drops (pets, mounts) and for achievements.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Sounds good. Is there a guide to everything the Isle has to offer? Im sure I can search but someone might be able to lead me the best on right away.

wowhead.com is a good place to look.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    What else is there to do.
    nothing really; it's pretty boring.

if this is blizzard's idea of "open world gameplay", i'm disappointed. after reading the hype about how different the isle was going to be, i was really looking forward to some player-driven content - something along the lines of firefall.

what we got was:
    kill stuff over and over for rep.
    kill stuff over and over for daily/weekly quests.
    chase rares and hope you get there before they die.

i don't really get how this is different.

on the plus side, the celestial pet tournament was challenging and fun to figure out.

It was pretty cool down the first two weeks, particularly if you have a lot of alts. Imagine an entire expansion where every zone is full of those little hidden nooks and crannies and rares; that could last awhile.

Explore, go find the things they've hidden in little corners around the island and some of the stories available there

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer daily quests to that, or rather a mix of both. Some free form and some directive content.