Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    yes you can....join other guilds as a group. I personally know of many 10 mans asking around for groups together to join. People say it doesn't work but what choice do you have. You can either split up and singularly join guilds or give a go at a merger of sorts. Those are your only 2 options if you want mythic. End of story.
    We gave it a go back in WotLK, it didn't work. Splitting up is the best option ... as OP did it. Some ppl will join 20 man guilds, maybe even together, others will give up. Least painful solution.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah, but that's the argument. "If you want to have fun with friends you still can ..." Yeah, except, not really.
    Except you can. You can take ur ten friends. And add ten more. It's actually benefitting you. Whereas 25's have to wave goodbye to a few of their friends.

Whatever happened to raiding alliances? It's not like you all have to be in the same guild in order to raid together.
    Just form your own chat channel and you're set.
    I raided for years in a coalition of guilds.

My question is why would anyone currently raiding 10 man heroic want to disband this early when they dont know how it is going to play out yet?

If anything, the transition to gaining 10 extra raiders will be much more smooth than it currently is to get up to the 25 man limit because of flex capability on normal difficulty (in the expansion).

This is how I see it:

10 man heroic guild currently knows they now need 10 more to continue doing heroic or "mythic" difficulty.

10 man heroic guild starts recruiting as word spreads about this change in the game and in the community boards.

Expansion Launches:

10 man heroic guild from MoP levels to 100 in the first week. They now have 14-15 solid players and decide to hold their first flex "heroic" mode raid (which would be equivalent to normal mode now). They continue to recruit through the week and next week. They gain 2-3 more solid raiders.

10 man heroic guild from MoP now has 16-18 raiders. Still not quite enough to do "mythic" difficulty. But chances are, they may not have completed normal difficulty (heroic in WoD), so they still need to go back in and complete it. They take the new players in the flex "heroic" mode, and continue to mesh as a transitioning guild. They recruit a few more this week.

10 man heroic guild from MoP now has 19-22 players. They all desire to raid. The guild, because it is transitioning and still getting used to eachother's playstyle decide to do a 21 man "heroic" flex raid. They have a few bumps, but manage to down most of the bosses. They recruit a couple more to solidify a core 20 man mythic roster.

10 man heroic guild from MoP is now a 20 man Mythic WoD guild. They continue to recruit to have solid players, and weed out a few bad apples. They now begin the first week of 20 man Mythic bosses and plan their raids accordingly. Their off nights, they offer "heroic" flex raids to everyone who wants to get some better gear and continue to push for mythic on official raid nights. They can bring up to 25 people in these flex raids, but because the bosses scale they can have less all the way down to 10. And as interest in "heroic" flex wanes because people continue to get geared, those who still have a desire to do it will continue to be able to run as a guild group.

I think its brilliant.

As for current 25 man heroic raid guilds, they will have to bench a few more players, but most 25 man raiding guilds have some turnover anyway. This will just solidify what they already have. And those who are not raiding consistantly will have the opportunity to join a 10 man heroic guild transitioning up to the mythic raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    Yeah sure, but I think people do it too soon instead of actually trying to make the best of this and see how the raids will improve because of this change.
    Thats because I doubt that many people play a video game and think, "I'll do this and hope for the best or I'll make the best I can out of this crap."

Thats not what video games are for. Hell, gamefly was created just so you wouldn't have to put up with saying, "Guess I got to make the best out of this crap."

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I am sorry your guild disbanded.

However, I don't understand why you felt it had to be done NOW. There are many months to go before the next expansion arrives. Many things will change by then. Opportunities for your guild that do not exist now, will exist then.