Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Guess what, they were probably doing MSV for mog/mount/achieves, not for gearig someone up. You are crying because you got declined to a group you were not the target audience for.
    At no point did they say they were doing a Mount / Achievement / Transmog run, and even if they where I fail to see how that excludes myself or others with a lower iLevel.

Also, what stops you from grinding more burdens for more gear? Getting all chests is a fraction of the time you should spend on timeless isle, it is simply the beginning. After the chests the real grind start to get more burdens.
    Killed plenty of rares, gotten two burdens out of it. I've spent far too much time on the Isle, while I wasn't in LFR / Flex, I was on the Isle with Rare Farming Groups. Don't call into question that fact.

It is extremely easy to get 530+, especially if you get lucky on ordos or celestials. If you are not doing what is required to get the gear, then you cant really complain that you dont get it.
    Bolded the significant part there, because I haven't been. Ordos gave me nothing, Sha gave me nothing, Celetials gave me nothing, LFR & Flex gave me nothing. Stuck at 510 iLevel with no-where else to go except Throne of Thunder which I have booked in for later. I've done everything I can, and I'm being left behind due to bad luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    The main thing you got to remeber with this Ilevel request etc is that there is many different flex and normal raiders when it comes to pugs! There is the group that wants to go in raid and get what they can dead, there is the slightly more dedicated raiders that want to plow through it as fast as possible and just looking for gear (high i olevel req), and there is others liek you that want a bit more challenge than lfr but might not have a guild to do normal or the gear yet.

The group you are in needs to either be A)lucky and get in a group that just needs 1 warm body to get the minimum or B) make there own grup with others in there situation and take it as a granted you won't be 1 shotting everythign , you will wipe, and it may take time to do.

Nothign is stopping you from forming your own group but just realize to convinience of having no Ilevel limit you by making your own group will be offset by the work you need to do getting at least 9 others in yoru situation. The convinience of having the gear is you can get in with little to no work as you put in the time and work previously with your normal / heroic group.

best of luck to you I hope you get to raid.

I'm a semi competent player who was a tank during 5.3 and switched to windwalker dps in 5.4. During that time I took a break for the first month of SoO and came back with <530 ilvl. Very few raiders would take me due to it so instead of being a whiny baby I simply:

Went to the Timeless Isle and got 535's (I was lucky enough to get 2 Burden's from donating 50k timeless coins into the chest game)
    Didn't get a single drop from Celestials or Ordos (I didn't get my legendary cape till about 2 weeks after I resubbed)
    Did all of my LFRs every week (Mostly for Runestones)
    Raid led my own PUGs in Flex 1 2 and 3 (flex4 wasn't out yet)
    And banked my coins.

After resubbing the raid group I originally made was now deceased due to everyone leaving cause of school, I resubbed because my classes were fairly easy. I proceeded to get a semi good ilvl (540) and pugged my first 10m Normal SoO and ended up 2/14. It was annoying but I just kept doing my LFR's/Flex until one day and old friend from 5.3 whispered me asking me to sub in for his 10m raid group that were doing normals (they are a heroic guild) due to roster changes. I joined then and impressed the RL so much that they invited me to raid heroicly. After one week of a non full roster we now sit on week 2 with 4/14H progression and continuing on (Possibly 5 if Nazgrim gets downed).

I began playing WoW on 7/12 and 5.3 was my first raiding experience ever on Normals with 5.4 being my first heroic raiding experience ever. With 555 ilvl I pull top DPS on my best fight (Fallen Protectors) and semi competitive dps on ST fights.

I've had very little time to play the game, I've played maybe 3-4 classes in my entire WoW career and only have a Monk and a Paladin that are Level 90's. I raid led a group that went 12/12N after 1.5 months in 5.3 about 2 months into the content release. And now in 5.4 I'm doing Heroics with almost no previous experience in any Blizzard content.

If you can't find a pug to join I really pity you, but I pity you even more if you are unable to finally take the initiative of making your own pug or even raid group and getting things done. Stop procrastinating and blaming exterior factors on why YOU can't succeed when you're the one limiting yourself. Raid leaders will always want a quick carry through things especially 2 months into the content release as this is the ninth week of SoO.

It's up to you to make friends and imprint your name and skill. It's up to you to down bosses, don't think that you should be led, do the leading.

It is extremely easy to get 530+, especially if you get lucky on ordos or celestials. If you are not doing what is required to get the gear, then you cant really complain that you dont get it.
    It was possible to START 5.4 in the mid 520s, if one had just been doing ToT LFR (and world bosses), even if one didn't have ones epic cloak from the legendary chain yet. People who didn't gear up beforehand shouldn't complain too much that they have to work a bit more now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Bolded the significant part there, because I haven't been. Ordos gave me nothing, Sha gave me nothing, Celetials gave me nothing, LFR & Flex gave me nothing.
    Were you using a coin on celestial and ordos? If you are doing only LFR/Flex, both those should merit a coin.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

@jazzyy - good for you - at least some people take control.

behind every pug theres a person leading it that is in the same situation as you - but maybe hes 540+ and he wants 540+s in his pug.
    you're 530, so make a 530+ one.
    even start a SoO normal pug. the first 2 bosses are no different than flex. even 3 and 4 aren't. They can easily be done with people in flex gear. even killing only immerseus is better than killing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Yes, I'm sure in about a year you can get 535 ilevel with just LFR and item upgrades.

im pritty close to that on 3 toons and soo has on been out for 4 months so,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Were you using a coin on celestial and ordos? If you are doing only LFR/Flex, both those should merit a coin.
    Yup - I didn't coin the Celestials because of the large pool of loot I wouldn't want, but I did for Ordos, and I did for two other bosses in Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I play on Kazzak EU and I have been taking breaks now and then during MoP so my gear is kind of lackluster. Now on my server people want 530-550+ ilvl to join their pugs. I mean, wtf? How am I supposed to get that ilvl when LFr only offers 528.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I was 490something when I came back (I was also in and out, mostly out, for most of this expac due to RL issues). Did an LFR or two, did my first Flex at 502 1st or 2nd in DPS the entire couple wings we did, despite their much higher ilvl (because most are clueless on how to maximize potential).

Still only 540 after a couple Flex and a couple Normal bosses in a pug, but my laptop bricked on me a week or two ago, so I have to stop raiding altogether until I build a new desktop. Not really a huge deal since I'm not going to be looking for a guild until after my realm gets connected and the guilds shuffle around to prepare for Mythic. Then I'll find a Mythic raiding guild to enter WoD with.

--

People ask for more ilvl than is actually necessary, because it's common knowledge that in pugs, most cannot maximize the DPS possible in their gear, so they require higher ilvls to compensate. I know how to maximize my potential, and I make this clear to those who are making these pugs, and 9 times out of 10 I get in the group.

If you know what you're doing and can make that clear to the RL, you shouldn't have all that much of an issue finding groups, even if you don't meet their "requirements". On the other hand, if you can't pull your weight, then you're going to have to find other methods of gearing to compensate.

Was declined for a raid starting at Thok with my 535 alt resto shaman after posting my heroic thok kill achievement. True story