Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauve View Post
    Don't pvp on my ret but isn't Long Arm of the Law + Glyph of Burden of Guild a good combo? Or are there other glyphs that are better to use?
    combo is good, actual influence on pvp performance is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    a weak sprint once in 25 seconds?
    really?
    yeah, Why not? id say 80% speed boost for 8 secs isnt weak, plus, with 2 charges, usable twice. Id hardly call that weak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauve View Post
    Don't pvp on my ret but isn't Long Arm of the Law + Glyph of Burden of Guild a good combo? Or are there other glyphs that are better to use?
    It's good, but so many classes seem unaffected by slows. I run around with Seal of Justice with that Glyph and players seem to keep on trucking. It seems that every time Paladins get something that everyone else has, they nerf that abilities usefulness in some indirect way.

In Cataclysm Ret Paladins get Interrupt, but then it's given to Holy and Prot a patch later. Suddenly casters are complaining there's too many interrupts. In MoP interrupt gets nerfed to 8 seconds, and casters can run around and cast. In Cataclysm we begged for a slow, cause everyone runs away. Seal of Justice is finally a slow, but everyone seems unaffected by slows.

For example, Mages have Blazing Speed.

Whenever the mage takes physical damage from any source the talent can be activated to gain a 150% movement speed boost while providing immunity to movement slowing effects

Why keep providing us the tools we need, and then nerf them overall by giving talents like these to classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post

The Ret PvP toolkit is still lacking a lot of basic melee class functionality. Hopefully it is something they actually address in this new expansion. We will see.
    They better, otherwise I'll take a much longer break from the game then I intend. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't paying $15 a month. Since I decided to not participate in PvP and become everyone else's practice dummy, I'm just going to clear content and unsubscribe until new content.

With the new Trial of the Gladiator, I laughed cause I thought about how great this game is balanced in PvP. But even if we did get a gap closer, it would be nerfed in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    yeah, Why not? id say 80% speed boost for 8 secs isnt weak, plus, with 2 charges, usable twice. Id hardly call that weak
    because sprinting as a main tool for gapclosing proved that it is insufficient, over 2 expansions already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the most simple thing would be to work it into our stun. Make it so that after HoJ wears off the target has a 3 second debuff that allow judgement to teleport you behind the target.

people can't complain too much about it. Our stun is a decent CD. just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Think the most simple thing would be to work it into our stun. Make it so that after HoJ wears off the target has a 3 second debuff that allow judgement to teleport you behind the target.

people can't complain too much about it. Our stun is a decent CD. just my 2c
    interesting idea in fact, but this effect can't be tied to our only good and realiable cc, besides HoJ cast range is what, 10 yards w/o talent, so the point of teleporting behind your target from a 10 yard range is , to put it polite, vague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    interesting idea in fact, but this effect can't be tied to our only good and realiable cc, besides HoJ cast range is what, 10 yards w/o talent, so the point of teleporting behind your target from a 10 yard range is , to put it polite, vague.
    tie it to repentance? and the debuff applies after the stun is dispelled or over so it is how ever far they moved...or mage blinked.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    tie it to repentance? and the debuff applies after the stun is dispelled or over so it is how ever far they moved...or mage blinked.
    and force Rets into taking this godawful talent?
    no.

Why not bring an entire new ability instead, which places a debuff on target, and while the debuff is active, if said target moves further than 10 yards away from Ret, then Ret is instantly teleported right behind enemy?

Call it "Feth your face, of Light".

Winged Vengeance: The paladin appears in the air above the target and crashes down after 1 second of flight, delivering a smashing blow.

Closes the gap while giving players that pay attention a short window to start moving away. Would deal AOE to anyone standing in the crash location. Not a charge, not a heroic leap, no one can complain about it being the same as an existing ability.

Other things that could be attached to the ability:

Could add a short (0.5 second) stun effect to those who didn't move away, depending on how balanced that might be.
    Could apply a slow to those who moved out of the effective damage area.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-17 at 03:25 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The tradition of incorporating good ideas from brother franchises has existed in the world of blizzard since Diablo 2 (and obvious continuance into warcraft 3). Blizzard should nab the well designed skills the Crusader has from Reaper of Souls and incorporate them into the paladin skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    I assume that is ment to be a class balance for being able to heal and dps with tools, while having some of the best armour.
    All ohter melee can heal for just as much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Winged Vengeance: The paladin appears in the air above the target and crashes down after 1 second of flight, delivering a smashing blow.

Closes the gap while giving players that pay attention a short window to start moving away. Would deal AOE to anyone standing in the crash location. Not a charge, not a heroic leap, no one can complain about it being the same as an existing ability.

Could add a short (0.5 second) stun effect to those who didn't move away, depending on how balanced that might be.
    I really like this one, it sound really cool, helps that it is not something that some other class have.
    Last edited by Demsi; 2013-11-17 at 07:18 PM.

another way to ensure both Ret pressure and gap closing is an idea that was thrown around Cata, I think.

A debuff, which would place a rolling DoT on enemy which would refresh its duration and increase in damage for as long as target moves.
    Obviously, it would had to be undispellable, and have some moderate, 20-25 second cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I really like this one, it sound really cool, helps that it is not something that some other class have.
    too many mechanics. here. stun plus damage not a bad idea the slow. too much. make it a 25sec cd and this is a really solid gap closer idea. however screw the 1 sec delay. blink would counter this completely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

quoted wrong post
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    too many mechanics. here. stun plus damage not a bad idea the slow. too much. make it a 25sec cd and this is a really solid gap closer idea. however screw the 1 sec delay. blink would counter this completely

- - - Updated - - -

quoted wrong post
    i would be dissapointed if there wasn`t some flashy animation along with it :P wingz n shit
    Last edited by Demsi; 2013-11-17 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

quoted wrong post
    That's why I said that they "could be attached," just in case the ability as I wrote it out wasn't powerful enough. I'd be fine with the 1-second removal, but I put it in there just so it wouldn't be a charge/leap clone.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-17 at 11:18 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    i would be dissapointed if there wasn`t some flashy animation along with it :P wingz n shit
    I dont knw if anyone plays diablo 3, but when imperius begins to fight diablo in act 4, where he teleports within a wisp of feathery angel wings...that could be the animation for said ability...it would look SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    How about this one.

Paladin summons 3 angels. Assuming the target is facing the paladin the angels would be summoned at 3,6,9 o'clock same distance to the target as paladin, all moving in the direction of target at 200% run speed. 1 second later paladin is teleported to one of 3 locations whichever is closest to the target unless he is the closest one to the target.

Reasonable cooldown and range for balance.

I have read most of the thread but forgive me if my idea has already been suggested.

What if they simply took the boost from 'Long arm of the law' and applied it to exorcism also, or all holy damage done (to also apply it to final verdict). Taking it a step further they could make the final verdict talent and convert TV to a ranged ability like exo (although I admit this might put paladins over the edge imba in pvp)

Thoughts?

Bring on the flames!

That that DK deathgrip is much better than speed of light on boss fights.....