Recruit a Friend problem?

So this is what I did step by step.

1) Created a new email box

2) Sent a RaF invite to my new email box adress.

3) With the RaF invite I create a whole new WoW account.

4) Paid for Starter Edition of WoW.

5) Gifted 2 months of Game Time to that new account (One way or another you have to activate it inside battle net on the new account so it doesnt have any option showing as a GIFT for real, so no problem here)

6) Did not receive my +1 reward to choose mount or pet.

7) Checked my brand new account only to find that when I create a toon it says "your friend plays on alliance side" (Basically telling me that everything is fine, that my new toon has been recruited)

What do I have to do for my +1 reward point?

Looks like I need to UPGRADE to some expansion or something?

Help?
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2013-11-12 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they have to actually complete the two months, not just purchase it. When my partner invited me years ago he didn't get his mount for 3 months.

RaF bugged?

logged in and noticed i could claim a RaF reward. but i havent rafed since early MoP and he never activated his 2 months to let me have a reward.. is this a bug or whats going on?

Edit: yes i could obtain a reward. but no clue why
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-11-12 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I talked with Blizzard Darsithis and they said if I buy GAME TIME it counts right away, not like subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like there is a bug, then. Araxom! I command you to appear!

My starter edition toon CANT invite ppl either, is this related?

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to hear the word of a person who has RaF at the moment and got it the way I did please.

why did my thread get merged with a thread that has an entierly different issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Looks like there is a bug, then. Araxom! I command you to appear!
    <insert sound of thunder!> Your wish is my command!

Edit to my original post: It does appear that it may now take upwards of 7 days after the payment is attempted before the in-game rewards will become eligible for newly linked accounts. As ever, you're always welcome to send us a petition to inquire as to whether the link was set up correctly so that we can help you verify all is well.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-11-13 at 12:27 AM.

I got my 2 months from Game Time (which used to be instant RaF), NOT SUBSCRIPTION. Already talked to one of your co workers by phone and they said there is a delay that can go up to 1 week.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2013-11-13 at 12:30 AM.

Indeed, yep. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    <insert sound of thunder!> Your wish is my command!

Edit to my original post: It does appear that it may now take upwards of 7 days after the payment is attempted before the in-game rewards will become eligible for newly linked accounts.
    Aww Is there a reason for the new 7 day policy on instant bought gametime taking this long? It was pretty much instant reward as soon as buying gametime through the blizzstore before.

Im having an issue where i had 2 previous unclaimed mounts from the RAF program and no option to be able to claim them under the new system - hoping this is just a bug/delay.

Anyone else having this at all?

Thanks for everybody's help.

According to the Blizzard's employee my account is perfectly fine to receive my RaF!

These are the steps you need to follow to make sure you will get it:

1) It has to be a NEW account created TODAY or further, cant be an old account or anything else.

2) Once the new account (yours or your friend's) receives the email about the recruit create the new account.

3) You have to pay for the starter edition.

4) Go to Blizzard Store and add 2 30 days GAME TIME to your cart, pay for it and then gift it to the BRAND NEW account or just buy it on the account itself.

5) Put those 2 Game codes on the new account.

If you did all that then the next step is just WAITING until your RaF arrives.

According to blizzard employees it can take up to 1 week.