10+ Year Old Account

Getting back into WoW/PvP

Ok so I'm a rather experienced WoW PvPer, but that's all in the past, I haven't done a single BG during MoP until just a few mins ago. I basically leveled to 90, last Nov, and then called it quits for almost exactly a year.

As I said, I just did a BG and I was utterly ineffective. In a scrum around an AB flag there was a resto shaman just standing there healing and try as I might I could barely budge his HP. I've never been so embarrassed in WoW PvP. Now I know my whopping ilvl of 471 of mostly AH bought blue quality PvP pieces is a huge part of the problem, but the question I have is there any other way to gather up PvP gear beside going out there and getting my ass beat in random BGs for the next 2 weeks?

I play feral druid by the way.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    but the question I have is there any other way to gather up PvP gear beside going out there and getting my ass beat in random BGs for the next 2 weeks?
    You can go to the timeless isle and open up tons of chests, which will give you free 496 epic pve gear, which is usually better than the 476 pvp gear (except for setbonuses). In a matter of an hour your ilvl will be way higher.

There is a conquest point catch up cap, you get 1k per week of the season that you didnt play. So if we are week 10 into the season, you gonna be able to get 10k conquest points, and the next week you get the normal 2.2k cap again.

You can do the world boss on the timeless isle as well. And don't forget about nalak on the isle of thunder, who drops 496 epic pvp gear.
    On the isle of thunder you can also do pvp dailies, taking roughly 15 minutes for 6-700 honor per day.
    In grizzly hills you can do 4 daily quests, netting another 200 honor point for 5 minutes work.

In addition to the prior post, go to Tol Barad and AFK for 15 minutes if you control it.

Deleted
    If you really hate it, do dungeons and convert justice to honor.. Do TB whenever it is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm in the same position as OP. Except the last time I played was about 1/3 of the way through Cataclysm. Downloading the client with the 10 day free trial for MoP now. If it's any good, I'll re-sub. Maybe this time I'll be able to stick around long enough to see a pre-expansion event. Missed out on TBC, WotLK and Cata.