Racial-Abilities Revamp Idea

Cosmetic Spell Alterations.

No concern over whether they're balanced since they all do the same thing.

But they all actually look like the spells would be cast by your race.

No more troll/nelf priests / priestesses looking like they worship the holy light.

Warriors would have an image over their head that actually belongs to a member of their race when they switch stances.

Night Elf druids wouldn't have to have sun imagery in their druidism, the tauren could keep that.

We could see differences in the way the various Paladin Orders use The Light / An'she (because it's dumb that Blizz treats An'she like just another path to the Light, or the Tauren name for the light. *rolls eyes*).

Could even be expanded to racial warlock pets.

And best of all, if you wanted to change spells, say your orc takes up troll religion/magic, or your gnome decides that rather than titan vitae it WOULD like to use the Light?

Just go to the racial capital, talk to an NPC, and get your spell graphics switched, there could even be 'stolen spellbooks' to use the aesthetics of members from the opposite faction in case you're really attached to your Tauren using the Light (traitor! *scowls*), or your Dwarf hunter wants to use Goblin-designed traps and such.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    sort like an expansion of Race-based shaman totems but on a much grander scale?
    and the ability to change them between races as as well?

i like the first, but not the second.
    I like that your race determines your aesthetic, but you should accept the aesthetic of the race you pick...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    sort like an expansion of Race-based shaman totems but on a much grander scale?
    and the ability to change them between races as as well?

i like the first, but not the second.
    I like that your race determines your aesthetic, but you should accept the aesthetic of the race you pick...
    1. Yes, exactly!

2. I like it being the default, and I think changing should be expensive (a considerable goldsink), but I think options are good.
    Twas brillig

revamp

I think they should revamp racial abilities and have them more useful. Also lets get a bigger backpack scaling with levels!

Quote Originally Posted by TorcKN View Post
    I think they should revamp racial abilities and have them more useful. Also lets get a bigger backpack scaling with levels!
    But then how do you balance them?
    Twas brillig