Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Why does Blizzard hate twinks?

So I'll be quick. I'm really frustrated actually. I just discovered that my lvl 14 disc priest, ready to be twinked, can't join normal bgs with its exp locked.
    I searched on Google for some kind of bug because I didn't get it. Then I've found that indeed, Blizzard doesn't like people to twink and own in bgs (that's why they added in the past experience gained through bgs).
    So they made a kind of matchmaking system that separates "locked-experience-players" from leveling players. If someone locked wants to enjoy a lvl 10-14 bracket have to wait for hours or the queue may even never start.

1) I know that, especially new players, may get gaming ruined by being ganked by twinks, but then give a reason that why full BoAs that have no exp locked can join and massacre everyone.

2) A lot of people twink because they prefer to play relaxed with a few abilities instead of 5 filled annoying action bars.

3) Separating bgs would be nice for the balance and to prevent the ruining of new players, but you just can't find queue as twink. Would be awesome a server dedicated to twinks of various brackets.

Do you see it nice that Blizzard isolated twinks? Remember that twinks pay the game like any other player, and they just use what the game offers, so it should be Blizzard that instead of isolating players should balance the game.

It is not a case of blizzard hating twinks, but twinks being inherently unfair.
    Twinks often made a lot of noise about the competitive aspect, how they did it for a challenge.
    Well guess what, they got their challenge in being placed only against other players in the same situation.

But it didn't work out, because twinking was not half as popular as they thought it was.
    Therefore you were placed into a noisy minority, one which sounded much larger than it was.

BoA's are another issue, but one not likely to go away so readily.
    They however will outlevel a bracket, you weren't going to.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little late to the party seeing as that feature has been part of the game longer than it wasn't... Long story short if you want to twink find a better bracket. My lvl 29 rogue has no trouble finding a BG
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Yes, it is nice of Blizzard to separate twinks. I completely understand the frustration of not being able to find groups, but Blizzard does that so the 99% of people in low level bgs who are not twinking don't get camped in their graveyard the whole game (well, they still do, but that's a different story).

nobody plays twinks anymore
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

if your demographic meant anything, your queues wouldnt be hours.

be a shit head to someone your own size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not a case of blizzard hating twinks, but twinks being inherently unfair.
    Twinks often made a lot of noise about the competitive aspect, how they did it for a challenge.
    Well guess what, they got their challenge in being placed only against other players in the same situation.

But it didn't work out, because twinking was not half as popular as they thought it was.
    Therefore you were placed into a noisy minority, one which sounded much larger than it was.

BoA's are another issue, but one not likely to go away so readily.
    They however will outlevel a bracket, you weren't going to.
    I hate much more BoAs that twinks. When a twink kills one-shot you you admire it about his funny style and hard work dealt to reach that epicness. When a BoA one-shot you I alt-f4 because I can't accept it.

Anyway, BoAs ruin every low lvl bg. You just can't deal with BoAs as a white-geared player

Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.

They did this years ago to stop twinks from wrecking non-twinks in BGs. Now if you want to twink you can only play against other twinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I hate much more BoAs that twinks. When a twink kills one-shot you you admire it about his funny style and hard work dealt to reach that epicness. When a BoA one-shot you I alt-f4 because I can't accept it.

Anyway, BoAs ruin every low lvl bg. You just can't deal with BoAs as a white-geared player
    Even in full BoAs low BGs are broken as fuck frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Yes, it is nice of Blizzard to separate twinks. I completely understand the frustration of not being able to find groups, but Blizzard does that so the 99% of people in low level bgs who are not twinking don't get camped in their graveyard the whole game (well, they still do, but that's a different story).
    BoAs gank aswell but they are allowed to wear rare* head, shoulders, mantle and so on. Just camping on the graveyard and GG
    *heirlooms are probably even better than rares

Deleted
    Low BG in itself is just broken no matter twink or not. Prot Warrior and Hunters the overlords to which all the lesser classes must bow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Low BG in itself is just broken no matter twink or not. Prot Warrior and Hunters the overlords to which all the lesser classes must bow.
    That's why they should re-allow Twinks to gank as BoAs players. Very low level brackets are anyway ruined as you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    To be honest, there wasn't never a big enough group of people playing twinks, they just sounded big and sounded like a lot of people on the forums but once Blizzard changed it so you get paired with other twinks, puff, desolated...

That's why they should re-allow Twinks to gank as BoAs players. Very low level brackets are anyway ruined as you said.
    No, they should nerf BoA gear or normalise gear levels for all players.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoAs gank aswell but they are allowed to wear rare* head, shoulders, mantle and so on. Just camping on the graveyard and GG
    *heirlooms are probably even better than rares
    Bind on Accounts gank aswell but they are allowed to wear rare* (*= Heirlooms are probably even better than rares.).

... Whut? Is BoA a name for people using BoA gear now?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

-snip-
    Wasn't this done in, like, WotLK? It feels like a long time ago, at least a year and a half ago...

Blizzard doesn't "hate" Twinking, they just made it so you either fight against other twinks, or you level out of it. It's a community issue not being able to find a queue; if there was more twinks, there wouldn't be a non-existant queue.

What's the difference? Did you have to exert any effort getting a max level character to run you a dungeon? BoA and Twinks aren't much different in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    To be honest, there wasn't never a big enough group of people playing twinks, they just sounded big and sounded like a lot of people on the forums but once Blizzard changed it so you get paired with other twinks, puff, desolated...
    Especially once you exclude those people that twinked because they liked having a massive advantage over non-twinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Wasn't this done in, like, WotLK? It feels like a long time ago, at least a year and a half ago...

Blizzard doesn't "hate" Twinking, they just made it so you either fight against other twinks, or you level out of it. It's a community issue not being able to find a queue; if there was more twinks, there wouldn't be a non-existant queue.
    Late Wrath or early Cata, IIRC.

*EDIT*

Here we go, 3.2 (Call of the Crusade):

Battlegrounds
    Battleground experience has arrived!
    Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
    Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar – both located near the Battlemasters in either city – and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold.
    Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
    Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.
    Behsten and Slahtz can reinstate experience gains for players, for a 10 gold fee of course. Any experience that would’ve been accumulated if experience gains were enabled cannot be recovered.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-2-0

Same patch that allowed you to earn XP in BGs.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-11-13 at 03:57 AM.

Blizzard doesn't hate twinks.

Blizzard values the rest of the paying player base over twinks, and therefore they don't want those paying customers to have their BGs "ruined" by twinks.

It is a simple priority system. Lots of paying customers (lots of money) > very few twinks (who are still paying, just less money here).

So I'll be quick. I'm really frustrated actually. I just discovered that my lvl 14 disc priest, ready to be twinked, can't join normal bgs with its exp locked.
    I searched on Google for some kind of bug because I didn't get it. Then I've found that indeed, Blizzard doesn't like people to twink and own in bgs (that's why they added in the past experience gained through bgs).
    So they made a kind of matchmaking system that separates "locked-experience-players" from leveling players. If someone locked wants to enjoy a lvl 10-14 bracket have to wait for hours or the queue may even never start.

1) I know that, especially new players, may get gaming ruined by being ganked by twinks, but then give a reason that why full BoAs that have no exp locked can join and massacre everyone.

2) A lot of people twink because they prefer to play relaxed with a few abilities instead of 5 filled annoying action bars.

3) Separating bgs would be nice for the balance and to prevent the ruining of new players, but you just can't find queue as twink. Would be awesome a server dedicated to twinks of various brackets.

Do you see it nice that Blizzard isolated twinks? Remember that twinks pay the game like any other player, and they just use what the game offers, so it should be Blizzard that instead of isolating players should balance the game.
    Reason 1 is the whole point of "twinking" in the first place. It's like being max level with full grievous and going into regular bg. You blow everyone up and become this super wrecking ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put a lot of gold, time, and effort into twinking, so I should be able to have fun.

Unintended fun? RED ALERT! PLAYER CHOICE DETECTED! - Blizzard.

Why does the rest of the player-base hate twinks?
    Why do other twinks hate twinks?
    Why do twinks hate themselves?
    'Cause twinks are dicks, bro.