Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    The alliance buildings are generic enough to be serviceable to all races, but on horde side you have much more disparate styles. I don't think a single style would be agreeable to all races.
    If anything they're generic enough for Dwarves, Humans and Gilneans (Unless you push for Gilnean architecture (Which we lack more of in-game) as it's own) while Gnomes would generally be more mechanical, Night Elves would have more a more natural look and Draenei would have their own look. Compare that to the Horde where the Trolls and Orcs would generally have a similar theme, sort of like Dwarves to Humans, and Goblins would use a variant of that or use their own style of buildings from Kezan.

That said, you could push for complete individuality for every race, but you might struggle with Human/Dwarf and Orc/Troll, as there isn't much unique architecture for the second in each.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    That's how I feel, I'd prefer Thrall/Garadar style over that of Garrosh.
    Even that style might be a bit much. Prefer the cleaner, more natural looking Taurans buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    If anything they're generic enough for Dwarves, Humans and Gilneans
    Well, what I meant was on the alliance side I can see a Draenei camping out in Human buildings without it seeming all that strange. Whereas on the opposite, Belves just don't fit in Orcish buildings. It'd definitely be best to have individual racial styles either way, but barring that my Gnome and Draenei will still be perfectly content in the showcased buildings. Can't really say the same for my Belf.

I'm hoping they at least have a few styles, the generic european castle town works for dwarves and humans, but Worgen have their own awesome, IMO, style and obviously Draenei and gnomes have very distinct styles. I don't play much on the horde but all the races have very distinct styles. You can't confuse Tauren with Goblin or Blood Elf buildings.

Garrosh's style or Thralls style, doesn't matter to me really its going to look awesome

Deleted
    Personally i dont like the idea.. it will be gone in the next xpack.. so why blizz.. why..

I hope some blizzard staff will read this, having the possiblity to chose which race style of building (both alliance and horde) you want for your garrison sound just mind blowing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    Personally i dont like the idea.. it will be gone in the next xpack.. so why blizz.. why..
    How do you know that they won't expand on it, move it or anything along those lines or make a new version?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What would be cool if they had various versions for each building, and you could cycle through them before picking the one you want to plonk down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they make different buildings for different races, or even let us choose. Maybe some blood elves want orc hut garrisons. Maybe some night elves want human style buildings. Personally, I'd feel that my elves were broken if they started building things in another race's style.

On a side note, I would like the option to choose the opposite faction's buildings as well. Since it's phased, I don't see how having an orc with human buildings would hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    I really hope they make different buildings for different races, or even let us choose. Maybe some blood elves want orc hut garrisons. Maybe some night elves want human style buildings. Personally, I'd feel that my elves were broken if they started building things in another race's style.

On a side note, I would like the option to choose the opposite faction's buildings as well. Since it's phased, I don't see how having an orc with human buildings would hurt anything.
    exactly what I was thinking, even tho maybe having cross faction building would get too far ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    On a side note, I would like the option to choose the opposite faction's buildings as well.
    Don't see it happening, but I'd like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I think it would be cool if it was unique to each race, but for the horde I'd go with the badass metal and spikes.
    Fuck that noise. It pisses me off that the orc buildings on Draenor are the same shit as it has been since Garrosh became a big player back in Wrath. I miss the old Warcraft 1 through Burning Crusade style orc buildings. I miss the old bone and hide tents they had, and I hope those will be an option instead of the shitty metal crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Don't see it happening, but I'd like that too.
    Write it in that you've captured the outpost and you're using their own resources to defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde should be orc architecture. Alliance should be draenei architecture.

I also think they will look something like they would in the RTS games. Crude masonry of big stones and basic framework based on wood and bones covered in leather. Not as much Gothic metal work as in the Garrosh-horde structures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Horde should be orc architecture. Alliance should be draenei architecture.
    Seems to me that they rather distinguish between the two factions with a old concepts, as with lore itself, than the continent where they are built.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Should be made of bones. Alliance bones.
    That would be savage. lol

My guess is Orcish architecture.

Deleted
    Will probably be Orc inspired sadly, I much prefer Blood Elf architecture, Silvermoon > Orgrimmar any day.

They already said it will look like the warcraft 3/vanilla model. No more metal spikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    I hope that we will be able to choose from different kinds of buildings.

I don't really like the idea of building spiky huts as a blood elf or some sort of cottages as a draenei.

Especially when considering the fact that each race has their specific architecture style.
    I totally agree. I hope they dont go the easy way out.