Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Right now, they can't afford to. They won't be able to afford to for several years, i.e, once they're out of debt and back in the black.

You should get that reading comprehension checked.

Because it would more than most likely go buy-to-play instead of F2P.

/thread

Deleted
    Going F2P would probably the only thing that would ever make me quit the game. :/

WoW probably won't go F2P anytime soon because it would be financially a stupid move. Since they have so many subscribers to maintain a healthy income to the company, it wouldn't make sense for them to go f2p

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Going F2P would probably the only thing that would ever make me quit the game. :/
    Chances are if something drives the subs low enough for them to go F2P, you would've left by then anyways. :P

I prefer that there is a sub, at least we don't have the issues some f2p games have where they ban someone, they change their email addy and go back to griefing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Not really. The person that can't afford 15, can't afford 8-10 either. It's a dream of yours that people would come back en masse for that. People come back for things they want.
    A lot of people on tight budgets can then convince their wives/spouses to let them come back though

xD

Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    Thanks god all F2P communities are total crap.
    Because the current community is puppies and rainbows, right?

At any rate, bummer I guess but oh well.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank C'thulu, F2P WoW would be horrible. Absolutely horrible. It would be like GW2, we have to pay for transmog runes now in the Blizzard store among a ton of other things that actually makes it more expensive than it was with a monthly fee.

But wait, if you don't want to pay cash we can grind for a week for enough gold to convert into Blizzard gems and buy stuff in the store!

Fuck that model.

there is no point. F2P means u will buy more stuff from the store in some games, in wow case it is not free and ppl still buy every mount/pet in the store.

(i am not complaining i am just saying one of the reasons why they dont need F2P system)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That quote is a long ways away from being NEVER in all caps.
    Yeah, I agree with that. But I also think that when the time is right they absolutely WILL start thinking about it and do it. It's just the right time for that is unforeseeable now and so there's no reason to talk much about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    It's naive in thinking WoW will never go F2P... Eventually be it 5 10 15 years it will require F2P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The part in dutch says "We're not even thinking of making World of Warcraft F2P"
    No it doesn't, that's what the author of the post wrote...it isn't a qoute.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    In Blizzard case, yes
    See real money auction house?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean never, but it won't for a long time. Could be made even longer by making the game top quality again.

I mean...I see no reason why Blizzard would ever have to. What are their subscriptions at currently, 7-8 million active players? Yeah, I don't see any immediate need to go F2P until those numbers dip significantly below at least 3.5 million. And that is being generous.
    Last edited by Majoura; 2013-11-13 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Yes, but EVE gives you the option to get paid time with in-game currency. The only hard is you need to farms a lot!
    *SOMEONE* still paid for that time, though. Someone bought that PLEX and decided to sell it for however much ISK you paid. CCP still got $15 for your account's time, they just got it from someone else, who gave it to you in exchange for some Space Bucks.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    The game has 7 million subs, stable subs now it seems as it only dropped by 100k since last report. Why would they even consider going f2p?! Talk again when the game has 3 mil.
    Even 3m is a lot in the MMO world.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb View Post
    instead 13 euros per month (Spain price monthly, and i think that in every country), blizzard should change the prices to 8 or 10 euros per month.
    Why? If anything they should increase the price since the prices has gone up on pretty much everything over the years, except the WoW subscription fee.