Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is horde BG queue so long (this is region wide, not battlegroup related)?

I honestly feel awful for horde when they lose, cause i know they sat in a 10+ min queue. Is this because lack of ally queueing or horde? Ally gets instant queue's, most i wait in a queue is a minute. I have a 90 horde that isnt on my battlegroup with 10+ min queues also so this seems to be common on every realm.

What would blizzard need to do to fix this? Ive thought about it and have no solutions at all, basically just offer more rewards for winning bg's i guess (maybe give some valor or something?)

It is because there are more horde queuing. Also more alliance queue directly into AV/Isle and are not available for the other BGS. I know if I take AV/Isle off my blacklist my queue times go from 10 minutes to 6, but then I lose every game.

Also the solution is rather easy and it irritates me that Blizzard does not implement it. RBG is faction independent. Horde can fight Horde and vice versa. Turn that switch on for random BGs and everyone wins, both horde queue times and alliance win rates.

Seems so simple, but alas Blizzard PvP is run by morons.

I have experienced the same thing, but I don't pretend to know the cause. Just speculation, but it may be due to perceived Alliance inferiority in random BGs, reducing the number of Alliance that queue and creating a backlog of Horde queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Also the solution is rather easy and it irritates me that Blizzard does not implement it. RBG is faction independent. Horde can fight Horde and vice versa. Turn that switch on for random BGs and everyone wins, both horde queue times and alliance win rates.
    Part of me balks at this idea, simply from a lore/"Alliance Pride" standpoint, but ultimately it would be nice to face a team in Deep Wind Gorge/Silver Shard Mines that is just as clueless on how to win as the team I am on

It is because there are more horde queuing. Also more alliance queue directly into AV/Isle and are not available for the other BGS. I know if I take AV/Isle off my blacklist my queue times go from 10 minutes to 6, but then I lose every game.

Seems so simple, but alas Blizzard PvP is run by morons.
    This is the answer right here. AV and Isle of Conquest are dominated by alliance wins. Because the first to take the docks in isle can easily win and in AV they can get to horde final boss faster. With an organized team you dont need to take towers. You can actually 3 tank all of the boss' with all towers up if you just rush it. AV was soo awesome. It was a great idea. It needs to be revamped or removed at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I have experienced the same thing, but I don't pretend to know the cause. Just speculation, but it may be due to perceived Alliance inferiority in random BGs, reducing the number of Alliance that queue and creating a backlog of Horde queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of me balks at this idea, simply from a lore/"Alliance Pride" standpoint, but ultimately it would be nice to face a team in Deep Wind Gorge/Silver Shard Mines that is just as clueless on how to win as the team I am on
    The Lore standpoint is fixed with one quote from our battlemasters. "Training Exercise."

Just make Vann/Drek inaccessible until all 4 bunkers/towers are destroyed.

Back to epic AV!

Just make Vann/Drek inaccessible until all 4 bunkers/towers are destroyed.

Back to epic AV!
    Actually that is a fabulous idea. Gated end bosses. Would put more actual PvP into the BG as people would be fighting over towers once again. I would play that AV for sure.

Not sure if it's more horde queueing or not, since 5.4 hit the queues for both random BGS and Arenas have been erratic as hell. I've had long queue issues on both factions the past 2 months, in fact the past week I've averaged longer wait times on my alliance toons than horde ones.

Seems so simple...
    This idea occurred to me recently as well.

I remember doing some BGs and being switched to the opposite faction and having my character model morphed like in Caverns of Time instances.

Does anyone know if they have addressed this idea?

It's a new one to me.

Seems like it would solve the queue problems and skill imbalance problems.

I'm guessing people would be made though because they want to stay the faction they rolled as.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have experienced the same thing, but I don't pretend to know the cause. Just speculation, but it may be due to perceived Alliance inferiority in random BGs, reducing the number of Alliance that queue and creating a backlog of Horde queues
    You know this has been talked about for years, but is it even true? Like has there been long term study behind this?

I just don't see how one side could dominate in "random" BGs, becasue it is by and large random collections of people the majority of which aren't geared to the 9's and don't play their class/spec to the "T".

Basically, the same "bads (using this word makes me feel dirty), retards, losers and morons" that make up the alliance are the same "bads, retards, losers and morons" that make up the horde.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It used to be based in the widely accepted opinion that the alliance are the good guys and filled with mostly PvE heroes while the horde are the bad guys and filled with mostly PvP heroes. The change of the human racial to be a free trinket tipped the scales back into alliance favor somewhat but traditionally horde have dominated the PvP scene due to the "evilness" of the horde RP wise and the undead and orc racials.

There also used to be a perception that alliance was made up of mostly children while the horde was more mature players. Over the years though I think things have changed enough that all of these subjective ideas are just silly.

If I were to honestly guess why the alliance always wins AV/Isle and mostly loses everything else I would say it is a case of group think in action. The generally held idea is that alliance will win so why bother. Horde always does the same strat in these two BGs and it never works, so you would assume that collectively the horde would say "hey that did not work the last time let's try something different" but they do not because why bother this is an alliance BG.

Alliance probably has the same problems in things like WSG or AB.

Honestly though, most actual pvp players steer clear of AV/Isle simply because there is no real PvP. Also it should be noted that a lot of PvPers don't queue solo, but rather in small groups. A group as small as two can turn the tides in a 10v10 BG if they are communicating.

Oh, and oqueue has been adopted byt he horde more quickly than the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...If I were to honestly guess why the alliance always wins AV/Isle and mostly loses everything else...
    But, that's the thing, has that comment been proved? Because going by my (admittedly) anecdotal evidence I don't think either side wins more then the other (ok, maybe in AV [apparently not, see below]). Case in point (the anecdotal evidence), as an alliance member I have a 55-75% winning percentage in each and every BG, and I pretty much exclusively play random BGs, solo queing as a feral druid (never resto, as I understand a single quality healer could sway a game of 10v10) over the course of many years and expansions.

EDIT: I just calculated my winning % in each BG minus new BGs during MoP, as I haven't even played them yet. My claim above was slightly off.

AV 62.3
    AB 53.3
    BG 63
    EotS 47.6
    SotA 59.6
    TP 63.8
    WSG 57.5
    IoC 62.8

Again all of this compiled as a solo queing non-healer.

Edits have been underlined.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2013-11-13 at 06:48 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be based in the widely accepted opinion that the alliance are the good guys and filled with mostly PvE heroes while the horde are the bad guys and filled with mostly PvP heroes. The change of the human racial to be a free trinket tipped the scales back into alliance favor somewhat but traditionally horde have dominated the PvP scene due to the "evilness" of the horde RP wise and the undead and orc racials.
    Even the "PvE hero" stereotype is turning more towards Horde now, considering the "superiority" of their racials and players. If those factors can get entire World First Guilds to faction transfer (Method), then something must be up, and it's safe to say that Alliance can now be associated with "Bronze" players (in terms of SC2 ranks), while Horde are "Challenger/Grand Master" players.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I did this a few months ago actually, I played about 50 games on both sides over a 5 day period of 2 weeks and tallied them (if I could be bothered, I would've done more but I was exhausted by this point).

As Alliance, the win:loss ratio was 25/75 (roughly 1 win every 4 games) and the queue time ranged from 1 to 2 minutes. Alliance would also win Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley more than the Horde, as well as win more in general on a Tuesday.

As Horde, the win:loss ratio was 75/25 (roughly 3 wins every 4 games) and the queue time ranged from 10 to 15 minutes. Horde would also win Arathi Basin and Eye of the Storm more than the Alliance, as well as win more in general on a Thursday.

Alliance get almost instant queues with a low chance of winning while the Horde get much longer queues with a higher chance of winning.

*Note: This is on the Bloodlust/Oceanic region.

It might be long but at least you fucking win something like 90% of games. I don't feel awful for horde who lose at all.

Battlegroups don't exist anymore for random BGs, and haven't for a long time, so it's the same everywhere. I don't think they exist at all anymore, for that matter, in any form of PvP. At the end of last expansion, or perhaps it was earlier this expansion, Alliance had the long queues. It's just based on who has more people queueing, nothing more. And yes, right now Horde are winning most BGs (besides AV/IoC of course) but that won't last. Anyone who's done PvP for years can tell you that the tides swing back and forth on who's winning. The only thing that stays consistent over the last several years is that Alliance wins AV/IoC, because they're imbalanced by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And yes, right now Horde are winning most BGs (besides AV/IoC of course) but that won't last. Anyone who's done PvP for years can tell you that the tides swing back and forth on who's winning. The only thing that stays consistent over the last several years is that Alliance wins AV/IoC, because they're imbalanced by design.
    I don't think so anymore, unless something big changes from what everyone has gathered, the "tipping point" has pretty much been reached. Who the fuck would be dumb enough to actually queue a random that isn't AV or IoC anymore as Alliance? I don't recall the last time I actually won a non-AV/IoC anymore that wasn't a rated BG.

I've also finally just given up on doing The Lion Roars on my alts anymore. I really want to know how long, on average, how many tries a player who gets the quest say since October takes to actually complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I've also finally just given up on doing The Lion Roars on my alts anymore. I really want to know how long, on average, how many tries a player who gets the quest say since October takes to actually complete it.
    You're doing it wrong. When I play those and the alliance sucks major ass, I just go hide in some corner and spam general chat with witty and condescending comments regarding the alliance pvp skill and the existence of at least one horribly geared player who considered a tour of Tinmeless Isle for free 496 gear to be much too difficult compared to just joining the bg with greens and blues.

I have lots of fun doing this, which is what is important in a game.

The horde owns you so hard like they are an angry rapper and you are the english language. One of my favorite lines.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-13 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I have lots of fun doing this, which is what is important in a game.
    I prefer actually playing thank you very much. If I can't in this game, I'll just find another that the Devs seem to actually care about.

I prefer actually playing thank you very much. If I can't in this game, I'll just find another that the Devs seem to actually care about.
    I too prefer playing but when the alliance has half the points the horde has, play time is over and general chat spam begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The only thing that stays consistent over the last several years is that Alliance wins AV/IoC, because they're imbalanced by design.
    This is absolutely 100% not true. The only BG with a distinct advantage for one side was Silver Shard Mines, and they fixed that. Horde loses AV and IOC because they use a losing strategy; same reason why Alliance loses DWG and EotS so much...because random BG groups usually follow the same losing strategy. It is all they know. I mean, ALL the horde has to do is send a small group of stealthies to kill the first 2 glaives and the Horde would win 9 out of 10 matches. But that never happens, because killing the glaives means you are probably going to die and in randoms no one seems willing to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Devs can't force players to stop using a losing strategy.

"Derp, we are Alliance, lets all rush mid in EotS and try to get the flag. I'm sure leaving DR undefended won't come back to bite us in the ass, DERP"