How to dps as Affliction Warlock?

Hey,

last season i played demo and destro and i also tried this season. But as Demo i feel like i dont kill stuff and as destro its just boring/annyoing that everything Comes down to if you maneg to get the chaosbolt of.

So yesterday i speced into affliction. I checked some vids, fixed my gear an so on and went to try it in 2s as Affli/Arms (just to see how it works).

Well what happend it 2s...against double dps i was most often dead before my agony reached 10 statcks. When played to rogue or mage etc... they just IB/CoSand my dmg is gone. Is afliction just bad for 2s? Or i would need a healer?

Anyways, today ill try some 3s.

Few questions:

1. Do i ever use malefic grasp or drain Soul or i just Soul swap stuff and burst with haunt and rest i fear?
    2. Do i use DS Mysery before i soulburn-soulswap, like a SP?

From many vids ive seen they say Malefic Grasp and drain Soul aint worth it anymore in 5.4, one should rather use the time to cc.

Anything else i can do to improve my dps?

thx

Keep dots on everything and make sure to refresh agony at 10 stack before it falls off. If you know burst is coming toss a drain soul on them cause it will refresh if the target goes below the % threshold, otherwise malefic. I dont think you need to DS before applying dots cause it updates real time. Your role is to do as much damage as possible to the team so your partner can burst anyone at any time as well as fearing stuff to set up kills and peeling if your partners are in danger. Most important part of warlocks is port usage tho, set up your port next to gateway behind a pillar if possible so you can port>gateway. Its key to get gateways off so tell your partners to use cooldowns if they have too to set it up (like stuns etc). Gateways are how your healer can live without using major cooldowns. Make sure you take the double dark soul lvl 90 talent and UA glyph.

All i can think of off the top of my head.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes affliction is bad in 2's as double dps, but its possible with a hybrid like a spriest and smart port/gateway usage, your best bet is to find a healer tho.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2013-11-13 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I dont think you need to DS before applying dots cause it updates real time.
    Dots snapshot the stats they were casted with, so if you cast them just before DS fades you can get additional time out of it.
    The only thing that updates real time is debuffs, like 50% increased damage taken, or something like that.

Im almost 100% sure you are wrong on that, dots used to act that way but im fairly certain that got changed.

Deleted
    Im almost 100% sure you are wrong on that, dots used to act that way but im fairly certain that got changed.
    It's a change that is coming with WoD, though I think a few dots might update dynamically already, not for locks though at least.

Can anyone else confirm thats how they work? I am 100% sure drain soul updates dynamically and apparently im wrong in assuming the other warlock dots worked this way.

Deleted
    Can anyone else confirm thats how they work? I am 100% sure drain soul updates dynamically and apparently im wrong in assuming the other warlock dots worked this way.
    Drain soul is a channel, not a dot.
    Dots snapshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your warrior peel for you. Affli Lock/Awarrior is actually not that bad in 2s (sure, it's nearly impossible to get to 2k with this comp unless you're multi-glad, but you should be able to get relatively high with it still) due to their constant roflstomp damage.

What you have to do is pop CDs and soulburn soul swap both targets and have your warrior bladestorm if they're near eachother. This alone would force the healer or DPS to pop some major CDs.

Deleted
    your the prio target as aff in arena these days in 2s and 3s anyway.. im always the first one set up on ;p
    you gotta get ya gates and port up prio, just dot everything and run like a mother fukker, keeping dots up, don't cast shit except CC... just dot everything and CC like while legging it about. use instants unless you know you can channel,, always try keep 1 shard for emergency, refresh agony before it drops,

. play defensively offensive...
    Last edited by mmoc414535b0a7; 2013-11-15 at 03:15 PM.