Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    And what a fucking grind that was, excuse my french.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Blizzard's secret trick. They just made most of the MoP dungeons such a joke, that noone wants more of them in WoD.

They had it planned all along.

Hell, it's true, even though they didn't intend to. MOP dungeons were so bad and so faceroll, no one cares about dungeons anymore.

If Blizzard had made better MOP dungeons like in the past, I bet people would be caring about dungeons and demanding more of them in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Who the hell cares about a lower amount of dungeons?
    Do you care after you've been running them for hundreds of times? I don't think so. It just becomes "let's get this done fast"...

Also, a lower amount of dungeons does NOT matter depending on the amount of content they give us in the world. If I've got interesting stuff to do in the world, I couldn't care less about dungeons... And by what we've been told, there WILL be content...
    The world? The world that's been dead in the last 2 expansions? With that line of reasoning, then we should remove raids and anything instanced, because everybody should be playing in the world.

What we need is mythic dungeons, so fresh 100s cannot faceroll them 100 times in the first week and forget. Instead, we can savor them slowly and dungeon content will remain current much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Hell, it's true, even though they didn't intend to. MOP dungeons were so bad and so faceroll, no one cares about dungeons anymore.

If Blizzard had made better MOP dungeons like in the past, I bet people would be caring about dungeons and demanding more of them in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

The world? The world that's been dead in the last 2 expansions? With that line of reasoning, then we should remove raids and anything instanced, because everybody should be playing in the world.

What we need is mythic dungeons, so fresh 100s cannot faceroll them 100 times in the first week and forget. Instead, we can savor them slowly and dungeon content will remain current much longer.
    They did state during Blizzcon that the team is talking about scaling up the difficulty of the launch dungeons with each new tier of dungeons during the expansion so you don't have to run the two new ones over and over and get burnt out. I think this would work out much better to keep the content somewhat relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abjectgothic View Post
    That being said, I agree with the OP that more dungeons are better. And the concept of quality over quantity is weird to me, since TBC's dungeons had both quality and quantity.
    As someone previously already said, TBC dungeons used the compromise of rehashed art.
    Dungeons weren't exactely the same (totally not) but they had a similar art design across multiple ones of them.

This allowed Blizzard to save time and give us more dungeons thanks to the inferior effort on their end.
    Personally I not only find this an acceptable compromise, but actually a really good thing to do. I really liked the idea of having dungeon "hubs" with multiple dungeons using the same art. Felt like the structure you were dungeoning through was bigger, sorta like a raid divided in multiple dungeons.
    It was a very good feeling.

Too bad it's useless to whine now, expansion is close, they can't go back at this point in development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    This isn't/wasn't new content.
    Seen from the perspective of the faction you were playing yes, it was new content.
    It's not particularly common today, but back then it was very very very rare to have people play multiple factions seriously, and you didn't have paid race/faction change back then.
    So yes, it was a new class.
    If you were alliance you received Shaman, if you were Horde you received Paladin.
    Whichever faction you played, you received a new previously faction-specific class to play with and to consider inside your Raid setups.

If we're talking about "amount of development effort for Blizzard" I completely agree with you.
    But do we care if something we get cost Blizzard more time/money/resources or not?
    Personally I'm not a Blizzard shareholder, I dunno about you.
    I don't really care how much it costs them to release stuff.
    From my point of view, that of a player, I did receive a new class to play with and likewise millions of other players.
    Yes, Blizzard didn't have to work a lot for that, but so what? I don't see the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
    As someone previously already said, TBC dungeons used the compromise of rehashed art.
    Dungeons weren't exactely the same (totally not) but they had a similar art design across multiple ones of them.

This allowed Blizzard to save time and give us more dungeons thanks to the inferior effort on their end.
    Personally I not only find this an acceptable compromise, but actually a really good thing to do. I really liked the idea of having dungeon "hubs" with multiple dungeons using the same art. Felt like the structure you were dungeoning through was bigger, sorta like a raid divided in multiple dungeons.
    It was a very good feeling.

Too bad it's useless to whine now, expansion is close, they can't go back at this point in development.
    I agree with what you’re saying, but my snag is that this is also the route they took with Mists of Pandaria. With the exception of the Shado-pan Monastery, the other dungeons had existing art because they were outside in the world already or were the rehashed heroics from the past with new mobs.

All told it was just a pretty lazy approach that seemingly didn’t wash with people.

Deleted
    Alas, looks like things aren't going to change drastically with WoD =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I guess you haven't played it. Since after the TBC was released at the start of the 2007, Black temple was added, after that Zul'aman, after that Isle of Quel'Danas together with MgT and Sunwell Plateau and so on.... Yes only one dungeon, but how many have been added in MoP?
    All those that you listed are raids... We are talking about five mans.

Deleted
    Well, they are occupying their hands with all these updates and tweakings to the system, plus they can still add new dungeons on due time. But yes, I agree BC had the most dungeons on release (plus new races and stuff) but it rained a lot since then and we are watching a new stage of evolution for the game that needs to be conceived carefully before releasing the megatons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Burning Crusade had a lot of raid content at launch but most of it was unfinished and not even itemized. It also was severely lacking in patch content.

And if you want to get into the nitty gritty, even though it launched with 14 dungeons, there were only four different dungeon kits: Hellfire Citadel, Coilfang Resevoir, Auchindoun, and Tempest Keep. The CoT dungeons reused existing geography.

Three of the five launch raids also shared those kits (Mannoroth's Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern, and The Eye).

Almost all of the boss models were also reused. There were only a handful of unique boss models in the whole expansion.
    It's hilarious to think that you thought I was being serious.
    Considering I had to struggle through bugged mechanics myself in T5, It felt like being a glorified beta tester.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Quality over quantity friend, I'm actually pleased with the amount of improvements that'll ship with WoD. c:
    While I agree with this the bc dungeons were all pretty awesome.