Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    While I agree with you, and the game is infested with scum of the earth...from a business point of view I'd have done the same as Blizz.
    It's also not that bad, gameplay wise. If I were still a jobless virgin that could dedicate my life to WoW and grind for months to 60 so I can spend 4 hours a night trying to get 40 people together to kill Onyxia then yeah maybe I would agree with OP. As it stands.. I really don't disagree with the direction this game went.

I'm not saying OP is any of those things, but a lot of this must have to do with nostalgia... WoW would be terrible and off my play list if it were still like vanilla.

Sure, some things are just way too casual and streamlined to the point where a 5 year old could excel like a pro but I just ignore that shit. I often see these arguments that WoW has gone downhill but at the same time they don't even run heroics or have any decent arena / rbg rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    In the 70's when D&D was new, the guy who first played it was like, yes I have a level 5 fighter, the guy who joined the game 2 weeks later with a thief was upset about the OP fighter, and the fighter was Nub LTP.
    But since the thief brought a sixpack of Mountain Dew to the game and had a hot sister to boot the DM granted him four levels. When the level 5 fighter pitched a fit about it he stopped being invited to the sessions. Two months later the rest of the party was level 8 and the fighter was still admiring his level 5 fighter and wondering when the next game was going to be held. No one likes a cry baby who won't treat a game like a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    "I HATE questing" as I said before, repetition is the death of fun,
    Isn't that what raiding and pvp is? Repetition? I mean you do the same raid/BG/Arena over and over........so is that boring too?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Isn't that what raiding and pvp is? Repetition? I mean you do the same raid/BG/Arena over and over........so is that boring too?
    They all generally have many different variables that effect each raid/bg and you're generally doing it with your friends/guildies, questing is very much killing things over and over on your own (and against other players), and unless you are particularly invested in the lore it doesn't have much else going for it except exp and gold. If Questing was more random and more social it would be better accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They all generally have many different variables that effect each raid/bg and you're generally doing it with your friends/guildies, questing is very much killing things over and over on your own (and against other players), and unless you are particularly invested in the lore it doesn't have much else going for it except exp and gold. If Questing was more random and more social it would be better accepted.
    Sorry but when bosses are on farm it's the same thing over and over, and you can quest with friends or guildies.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Sorry but when bosses are on farm it's the same thing over and over, and you can quest with friends or guildies.
    Yes, when things are on farm most people get bored of raiding though, the variables get removed when you have things down to a routine, and you're only left with the social aspect and gear grind, both of which can help compensate for the boredom.
    Questing with friends and guildies is problamatic when most quests actively discourage you from doing that because they are designed with a limited number of drops, if loot was individual (the tech is available now) then you might have a point, but I hate fighting other players for 10 bear asses, I have no interesting in fighting my guildies over them. I regularly did dailies with guildies, but the repetitive nature of them didn't counter the social aspect enough, whereas rare farming did, so if they could incorporate more random group orientated quests, they might be on to something. Questing right now is dull, soulless and repetitive.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-11-18 at 07:25 AM.

Just get rid of the idiots who want nothing more than to grief their own faction 24/7. Example: ppl tryin to loot arch of flame and some tard has to bring over a mob to lay down fire and kill the looters. Same with the turtles...pulling the WW through a group. Every time ppl tryin to loot a rare someone pulls an aoe mob through. Do this shit to them IRL and see how they like it. Yea you heard me right....IRL!...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoMcBeastly View Post
    If the game is going to grow, and be profitable, it must attract diverse interests. It must be, literally, all games to all people.
    Bli$$ney Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yes, when things are on farm most people get bored of raiding though, the variables get removed when you have things down to a routine, and you're only left with the social aspect and gear grind, both of which can help compensate for the boredom.
    Questing with friends and guildies is problamatic when most quests actively discourage you from doing that because they are designed with a limited number of drops, if loot was individual (the tech is available now) then you might have a point, but I hate fighting other players for 10 bear asses, I have no interesting in fighting my guildies over them. I regularly did dailies with guildies, but the repetitive nature of them didn't counter the social aspect enough, whereas rare farming did, so if they could incorporate more random group orientated quests, they might be on to something. Questing right now is dull, soulless and repetitive.
    QUests anymore aren't a limited amount of drops. If you're grouped with your friends, you all get the drop. And Questing is awesome right now. They took the story out of the text and onto the screen. But you see, most ppl see questing as something that gets in the way of rewards. And when something gets in the way of rewards, people hate it. Everything in an mmo is repetative. That's what the OP is talking about. Ppl that never liked mmo's flocked to wow. MMO's depend on repetition. They can't put content out every week. Even though wow is going to try releasing content quickly, it's going to fuck them over sooner or later. It's going to become a watered down, dilluted version of the game it once was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    QUests anymore aren't a limited amount of drops. If you're grouped with your friends, you all get the drop.
    Yes I alluded to this in my post, but I didnt think it was in place at the start of mop, I may well have been wrong about that, even so, no one really quests with friends while levelling because people are all at different levels at different points. I wouldn't question that MMOs are repetitive, but questing is the most repetitive and least social experience, and to most people its also just a means to get to the end game, outside of lore that is its only goal, its also not in any way challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoMcBeastly View Post
    If the game is going to grow, and be profitable, it must attract diverse interests. It must be, literally, all games to all people.
    Except you can't have your cake and eat it to. And that's what Blizzard is going to learn here shortly. WoW is not growing right now. And the numbers are proving that the more you try to move away from what the game was, the more people you lose. People seem to think that if the game is really easy, we're going to have 50 million ppl play. And with LFR, cake heroics, gear thrown at you, the game is not growing. The opposite is happening. Blizz should focus on nothing other than making the best mmorpg they can. If it's good, ppl will play. Nothing else matters. They need to stop overthinking the business part of it, and start overthinking the design.

Deleted
    I think the problem is rather:
    There are enough content for players who are casuals but not particulary skilled in the game.
    Dunno I think there is plenty of content. What I am sure its that the good players get shited over the worse ones. Back in cata I pwned both pvp and pve, and each time I had even a minor complaint about someone slacking I would allways get the "stfu respones". In PvP the best players were allways shitted over with "rofl roll fotm for insta glad", yet every time I hear it its from a sub 2k player.

The fact is that wow is a very unfriendly game for a good player since the game is filled with the worst players that have a false sense of accomplishment due to LFR and random bgs. Just try to talk about strategy in LFR and prepare to get a truck of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Except you can't have your cake and eat it to. And that's what Blizzard is going to learn here shortly. WoW is not growing right now.
    And it won't grow, anyone who expects it to grow outside of the usual new expansion spurt are deluded, slowing or stopping decline is the only thing blizzard can do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are missing a major point here. The original audience grew up, when I started playing I was 18-19, I think, now I am 27.

Back then I could just sit in WoW all days and nights long with little care in the world, because mommy and daddy were feeding me and I did not have to worry about anything much, except for getting attuned to raids. I also could just wipe for hours and days at C'thun and happily have 10 minute of running back to the boss chamber after each wipe for weeks.

Now I am 27, I no longer have the luxury of sitting and grinding daily heroics or some other nonsense just to be able to raid. I have life, I need to earn cash, study, give attention and time to my girlfriend and in the not very far away future raise my own children.

So yes, the times where I could sit and grind pixels just to get that key to whatever raid or work my ass off to get geared just to be able to see what the raid is are long gone. If this would still be relevant at this time, I would not play WoW.

Am I the player that should have never been attracted to WoW? I don't think so, I simply grew up and my priorities changed. And I am not alone.

I see a problem with how Blizzard is running the game.

Picture a gym. You have the long-term members that work out several times a week and eventually getting big and strong. Then you have the people who dont have time for the gym and maybe goes once a week.

Here comes the problem though. Now the people who only goes once a week demand big muscles because they pay the same monthly membership as the bodybuilders. And now the gym surrenders, handing out steroids to all the people that aren't interested in putting in time and effort.

If you dont have the time, you dont deserve the rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Those who recently started wow, are those people who happily welcome the idea of buying lvl 90 characters at real money store etc.
    I have played since Vanilla and I like the sound of buying 90's. Hmm. I have 10 already but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you are missing a major point here. The original audience grew up, when I started playing I was 18-19, I think, now I am 27.
    This point have absolutely zero to do with this thread.

Players 'growing up' will account for why some players get bored of Wow, or grow out of Wow. But it has nothing to do with what the OP is pointing out... hes saying that too many players have come to Wow and are changing the game into a game they want. Hes making the specific point that they obviously are not fans of the RPG MMO Genre so why are they even playing Wow in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I see a problem with how Blizzard is running the game.

Picture a gym. You have the long-term members that work out several times a week and eventually getting big and strong. Then you have the people who dont have time for the gym and maybe goes once a week.

Here comes the problem though. Now the people who only goes once a week demand big muscles because they pay the same monthly membership as the bodybuilders. And now the gym surrenders, handing out steroids to all the people that aren't interested in putting in time and effort.

If you dont have the time, you dont deserve the rewards.
    This is probably the best analogy ive seen so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    You can easily spot who is a new player (arrived in Cata or later) and who has been playing for a longer period, like started in vanilla-tbc, wotlk even, or even some mmo before wow.

Those who recently started wow, are those people who happily welcome the idea of buying lvl 90 characters at real money store etc.
    Nooot really. Playing since Vanilla, I shudder at the thought of having to play through aaalll the areas again (especially Pandaria) for a new toon.

After running around in that world for years with a dozen different characters.. yeah, no thanks. I don't want that anymore.

Deleted
    I am kind of liking the idea of being able to get to level 90 without that massive pain of leveling again. I have been playing MMorpgs since 1998 and when i started playing my first i must admit i did pay to boost one of my characters on that, just to help me out and it did i also tended to enjoy the game a lot more as i was not spending most of my time doing the same grind over and over. But like many others here i have been playing wow since the beta and the thought of having to level yet another character from 1-90 again kinda makes me sick. Also alot has changed since i started as most have said we have all grown up since those days, work, kids all take huge chunks out of gaming time so to enjoy the game properly i would myself like to dive rite in there. Just my opinion anyhow but i do think it would make life easier and more enjoyable. if you know the class then whats the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Nooot really. Playing since Vanilla, I shudder at the thought of having to play through aaalll the areas again (especially Pandaria) for a new toon.

After running around in that world for years with a dozen different characters.. yeah, no thanks. I don't want that anymore.
    Tbh 'as a vanilla player' Id like to see even more given to me, please give me shared secondary professions, I switched mains (and realms) and I really really do not want to to do archeology, fishing and cooking again.