Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    And yet are we bashing those countries? no, "we" are bashing a muslim one instead, one that happens to be an enemy of the USA.
    You got a chip on your shoulder or something?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    You got a chip on your shoulder or something?
    Not really seeing a chip so much as just pointing out a strange set of standards.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

  3. #83
    I am not realy surprised... Too bad I cant ban that.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    A child growing up in total darkness would not be aware of color, but that situation would not be ideal for them either.

    Extreme example yes, but it is parallel to yours.
    That's hardly relevant when it comes to a person's social environment. But whatever...

    Why is it hard to admit that your personal beliefs contradict with someone else's and that's what is driving your response...there's nothing wrong with having different views, but it doesn't mean yours is "right." They're just acceptable because everyone around you, generally, feels the same. It comes into conflict with the accepted values and beliefs of people elsewhere in the world, who shockingly, have a different culture. They probably think that wearing jeans and a t-shirt, or drinking beer is morally reprehensible, are they right?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-11-13 at 10:12 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

  5. #85
    The Undying Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Στην Κυπρο
    Posts
    32,392
    The Daily Mail - upholder of British values and pictures of z-list celebrities in bikinis.

    OT: Dull sensationalist crap that conveniently forgets countries have varying laws regarding marriage, and 13 is just as arbitrary as 15 or 16.

    Have they reached puberty? If yes, knock yourselves out.

  6. #86
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Being horny, and emulating adult behavior does not equate to being mature enough to deal with adult situations.



    Wrong. I derive my moral judgments in this case from my knowledge of psychological and psychosocial development, and what is ideal for the lifelong happiness and mental health of an individual.
    I'm sure you have a very nice education behind that, but putting the word ideal and individual in the same sentance is wrong on so many levels.

    There is no ideal for happiness or mental health, because every one of us develops differently, what brings joy to me will not by default bring joy to another, on a very basic level this can howevere be categorized etc etc etc....

    My point however, is that I personally think it's equally as wrong to assume that young individuals, male or female are being taken advantage of, as it is to assume that they themselves can't take advantage of people far above their age as well.

    I've had several cases happen near the area where I live of "young males" aged 22-30ish being fooled into sex with underaged girls, aka 15-17ish, and due to our laws then condemned with sexually abusing a minor, meaning they are never again allowed to work within education, medicine etc... And also they have to pay out a rather hefty fine to said young lady.... They do this systematically, because they get money out of it. It doesn't mean they are mature, or intelligent or fully aware of the long term mental welfare of themselves or their "victims" but they still do it.

    However the case of this law is horrible, because it takes away the freedom of these young girls, because they sure as hell arent thrilled to marry some 30-40 year old dude, when they barely know what marriage entails probably.

  7. #87
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa91 View Post
    Pretty sure that 13 they aren´t Developed right not matter what Country..which means it´s PEDOPHILE..so try harder..Pedo is Sexual Attraction to UNDERDEVELOPMENT Childrens..nice try..
    Prepubescent, not underdeveloped. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
    Pedohpilia is one of those words that's really close to losing its meaning.

  8. #88
    The Lightbringer Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    We think third person and the imperial we are a good way of lightening up the tone of a discussion, but we don't appreciate our position being referred to as a straw man, when it isn't one.
    I've never referred to your position as a strawman, that doesn't even make any sense.

    However, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    What if the 15 year old coerces the 30 year old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    What if there's a dragon too!?
    Is pretty much the definition of a strawman.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

  9. #89
    13 isnt uncommon for that part of the world, lots of middle eastern countries marry off girls to much much older men. forget the number but there is a terrible amount who die young giving birth after being married off like that.

  10. #90
    As far as I'm concerned, if you've been through puberty, you're ready for sex. Let's face it, people at that age are going to do it whether they're supposed to or not. The only reason it's illegal is because we decided to make it so, not because there's any legitimate sense behind it. People change physically and mentally through their entire lives, there's no one age where someone is suddenly mature enough to not be taken advantage of. Adults get taken advantage of and played all the time, that doesn't mean they're getting raped.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    13 isnt uncommon for that part of the world, lots of middle eastern countries marry off girls to much much older men. forget the number but there is a terrible amount who die young giving birth after being married off like that.
    However it is highly unsusal, even in those countries, that it is legal, to marry a girl, which is, by law, your daughter. The age is concerning enough, but the fact, that you are now even allowed to marry your "own" children opens the doors for abuse widely, since there is no family of the bride, who could complain.

  12. #92
    Wasn't it already legal over there?! Pretty sure I read about arranged marriages between 40 year olds and 9 year olds

  13. #93
    You guys are bitching like you can do something about it!

    You can't change the world, too many people, too many views.

    JUST GIVE UP!

  14. #94
    The Lightbringer Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Wasn't it already legal over there?! Pretty sure I read about arranged marriages between 40 year olds and 9 year olds
    This new law states that men are allowed to marry their adopted daughters at the age of 13, younger if the real parents of the daughter give their consent.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's hardly relevant when it comes to a person's social environment. But whatever.
    Sure it is, let's inject only being allowed to interact with their immediate family into the hypothetical.
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    There is no ideal for happiness or mental health, because every one of us develops differently, what brings joy to me will not by default bring joy to another, on a very basic level this can howevere be categorized etc etc etc
    This is an evaluation you're making after the fact, we are developed, and all of us in less than ideal circumstances. Yes, there is a *best* way to treat children, and developing adolescents, and it's what we as a society(all of humanity) should strive for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Is pretty much the definition of a strawman.
    That's a joke,
    A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.
    I don't think he believes there is a dragon involved.

  16. #96
    The Insane Underverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Underverse
    Posts
    16,188
    These forums have changed....

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    This new law states that men are allowed to marry their adopted daughters at the age of 13, younger if the real parents of the daughter give their consent.
    According to the Guardian article the consent of the real parents is not needed. Just a permission by a judge. However I don't really know, what those guys have to do, to get the permission...

  18. #98
    I don't see it as pedophilia. It would be if the girl was 11 or younger. Ages of adulthood and consent are almost purely 20th century inventions. In Biblical times, and even long afterwards, 13 year olds were considered adults and took on adult responsibilities. This was even true in US colonial times and afterwards. Back then, it was a simpler life where you only had to be able to hunt and farm on your own and an education wasn't really necessary. As life became more technology and industry driven, an education became more and more required to get a job and survive in the world. That led to the definitions of adulthood being adjusted as well to allow time to acquire the needed skills. All the stuff about development and maturity were then added in. It's really all artificial.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-11-13 at 10:27 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Acer Nitro 5
    AMD FX-6300 CPU ----------------------AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8 graphics
    AMD RX470 GPU ------------------------AMD Radeon RX 560X discrete graphics
    16gb RAM --------------------------------16 GB DDR4 RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD ----------1 TB Crucial MX500 SSD

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Its the daily mail, take it with a cup of salt.
    They do report legit news.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    An exhaust is hard to resist.
    I know whenever I get a new car I always throw after market exhaust on.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    That's a joke, I don't think he believes there is a dragon involved.
    Doesn't change the fact that it was a joke you used in an attempt to exaggerate poser765's very valid argument and you avoided giving a proper answer.

    In other words, a strawman.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •