Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Updated Vanilla Mounts?

Do you think they will update the original vanilla races mounts? After all the new wolf & horse models are there, plus cats too. Because currently they're very dated

Deleted
    No they won't, costs way too much time and almost no one uses them. Its not like character models or something

Deleted
    Would it though? They would only update the skins not actual models/animation

- - - Updated - - -

That would actually be pretty cool.

I approve of this. It's gonna be weird riding low poly mounts with our sexy new models. Eh, whatever though, if Blizzard can squeeze it in more power to them!

Deleted
    Maybe failing that just add 2 additional updated mounts per race alongside old mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use the old mounts anymore, so I don't care if they update them or not. I also doubt Blizzard will do it - It seems like a low priority.

Deleted
    Perhaps if they updated em people would use em more

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just thinking about this earlier when leveling around Pandaria with my Swift Frostsaber. It looks out of place in comparison to everything else. If they're going to update the character models, they should update the mounts as well. Just because you've spent half your life farming to get the coolest and rarest mounts, that doesn't mean it's a low priority. There will always be new players, and imagine when they get their first mount and compare it to their character model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No they won't... and i dont see a reason to.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    No they won't... and i dont see a reason to.
    No reason? Okay, that's fine, so I guess this looks just great then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Update the popular ones at least. HH mount, Ravenslord, Winterspring Mount, etc. The reg race mounts NO one uses, unless you are a brand new player, and then they don't know any different :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Update the popular ones at least. HH mount, Ravenslord, Winterspring Mount, etc. The reg race mounts NO one uses, unless you are a brand new player, and then they don't know any different :P
    I still use them? I don't have the time or need to farm/buy special mounts. The only one I ever farmed for was the cloud serpent and Blizzard really screwed me on that since I can't use them on my alts unless I spend another month doing dailies to get the flying skill on every individual character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I still use them? I don't have the time or need to farm/buy special mounts. The only one I ever farmed for was the cloud serpent and Blizzard really screwed me on that since I can't use them on my alts unless I spend another month doing dailies to get the flying skill on every individual character.
    Actually the questline will take you about 3 days now.

Regarding the mounts, I think it would be cool if they were updated, especially since a number of base meshes are already done, such as the wolf and nightsaber.

I don't think some slow updates to the racial mounts rewarded through raid achievements, quest lines, etc is out of the question for future expansions. I could see new Rams since the dark irons are getting some story in WoD.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

better update pirate and ninja costumes!
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    You are one of 3 people I know then. Almost EVERYONE uses a world drop, store bought, rep built, or holiday mount of some sort. Blizz knows everyone loves the special mounts. No real need to waste time on mounts. If they get to it, yay. If not, no big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Actually the questline will take you about 3 days now.

Regarding the mounts, I think it would be cool if they were updated, especially since a number of base meshes are already done, such as the wolf and nightsaber.
    Took me 90 minutes with tabbed windows mode and the YouTube Video

them old ones are blocky as hell, i wouldn't mind a refresh.

wouldn't some of them just need a re-skin anyway? like tigers are wolfs? i mean there already are smooth models for those.

raptor would be nice, i have that bouncing thing

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    better update pirate and ninja costumes!
    hmm intersting do u think the coustumes will become the new model for humans? i imagine it would be stupid if they keep them in the old model