Poll: Is staying true to the original races good enough to justify no free recustomization?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is staying true to the original races good enough to justify no free recustomization?

If Blizzard just stay true to the original models, is that good enough, for you, to justify no free recustomizations? Yes, no, maybe or I don't know. Whatever your answer, tell us why you think this.

-

This thread is to get a sense of what the community leans toward on the issue of free recustomization. It was brought up in a blue response, and I'd like to get a better sense of what people, in general, think. I'd also like to get a sense of your thoughts on your character being changed by Blizzard, rather than you, and Blizzard deciding whether that's good enough, or not, to justify recustomization, rather than you - the person that made the character, and chose their appearance.

Whatever your view of this, please keep the thread civil. No rights. No wrongs. No arguments. Just state your opinion peaceably. I really do just want to get a sense of the different viewpoints on this issue, and the positions they come from.

-

This is a hypothetical question, no final answer has been given by Blizzard on this subject. Answer as if the situation the question presents were true, and explain the answer as best you can.
    Last edited by Purple; 2013-11-14 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. Character looks are getting upgraded, people should get the option of seeing if there's a new look they better prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted 'I don't know'. I really don't care if I get a free re-customization when the new races are released. I trust the art department and their decisions. However I do think it would be fair to give us the option to re-customize our faces/skin. I think the people asking for free race changes are asking for a bit much. but being able to choose skin color and face again seems completely reasonable to me.

I am happy that is looks like GC has taken note of people's disdain for Chilton's comment at Blizzcon about free changes not being given out. I have a feeling Blizz will offer the re-customization to us in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are just using the character models as a way to get free customization no matter what. Cheap bastards.

If the examples they gave were an accurate reflection of all of the new models, I don't see why there should be a free recustomization.

Low res green mutton chops before?
    Higher res green mutton chops after?

Same skin tone?
    Same eye/piercings/etc?

Now, if they cherry picked their images and everything is different from before to after, I'd support a 1-time/character free recustomization. However, if it's the same features before and after, you're out of luck asking for one.

We've only seen a handful of the new models and their variations. If Blizzard told the truth, there's no need for any recustomization, unless you suddenly want a different look of course.
    We'll have to see how the models turn out when they're finished. If it turns out that a lot of characters do look noticeably different, then I think a free recustomization would be in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    We've only seen a handful of the new models and their variations. If Blizzard told the truth, there's no need for any recustomization, unless you suddenly want a different look of course.
    We'll have to see how the models turn out when they're finished.
    And if you picked one look because the other was worse, and with the updated models, your original preferred look is now good, you shouldn't get the choice to pick what you originally wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    And if you picked one look because the other was worse, and with the updated models, your original preferred look is now good, you shouldn't get the choice to pick what you originally wanted?
    Yea, thought of that right after posting. It's there now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's just a straight fidelity upgrade like Bashiok said on the forums, then no, we don't deserve free customizations.

If for some reason some of the faces look weird, then yes.

It's still too early to say one way or the other, frankly.

EDIT: Clarity.

You're going to be getting the same look basically...just better.

A free customization is not needed. Literally nothing changes with the new models except higher res textures and better animated movements. It's not like your current beard on your dwarf is going to be a whole different beard. I find that most people will be race changing like me. Tauren is looking mighty fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously everyone wants a free change, who wouldn't? I wouldn't mind a free $15 either, just sayin'. There's literally no reason for it to be free though.

Hey guys, we just did a colossal amount of work on character models/animations due to community feedback - so, by way of gratitude to us, from us, for doing all this hard work, you may all now have a free customization.

Wait, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they have made no decision on this yet, its not an issue until they actually make it one.

No. On the contrary, I think with the improvements and the way this feature is being so hyped up, people should have the chance to look around and see what they like best now, for free. For further customization or race changing, sure, keep the fee. But every character should be flagged for recustomization upon buying the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The character recustomization service is automated. It's not like people are asking for a race, faction and server change (even though that is automated as well). They need to just stop being greedy fucks about it and let people choose from the new facial models. What better way to show off the work they did on the new models, anyway?

And it is a issue when people are unhappy about it and Blizzard reps suggest to just pay for the service when they are the ones changing your characters, especially since there is no bulk deal on recustomization.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I feel like we should be given the option to re-customize, but at the same time I feel that with people like me who have a ton of alts, re-customizing every character will be unnecessary. As a potential remedy I'd like to maybe see re-customization for level 80+ characters or something along those lines.

That's given if they're sticking to being adamant about everyone getting a free re-customization. I'd be fine with all characters getting one.
    Last edited by BoysBoysBoys; 2013-11-13 at 12:57 AM.

As someone above mentioned, I believe that people who have max level characters (of the races getting updated obviously) should get a free re-customization. Perhaps to make it simple there could be a period of time after the new model update is launched for the people affected to re-customize for free if they choose.

If turning a serious gnome into a happy gnome is staying true to the race then no it isn't.

Perhaps. They would much prefer to milk us again regardless so I don't see free recustomization coming.
    Stay salty my friends.

Yes it is justified.

We don't NEED a free customization, it's a fucking update not a change.

They have said they haven't even made a decision on this, just all you idiots take everything the wrong way and take it as confirmed NO FREE CHANGESS!1111!

There is a higher chance you will be allowed to change appearance by release, but I don't think we are entitled to it by any stretch.