Poll: 2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think pandaren were a good addition to wow?

I personally think it was the wrong direction for Blizzard to focus an entire continent and half a xpac on them. Really almost killed that "Warcraft" feeling.

I think they perfectly in this world of many fantasy creatures.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Pandarens are cool.
    I've no idea what to write here.

i played warcraft 3 they are there. Also there were no night elves or tauren in warcraft 2 but they popped up in 3.

Yes, I like them, will probably continue to play with Pandaren chars.

Would also like the two Pandaren leaders (Ji and Aysa) having more development in the next expansions.

Deleted
    The continent is mostly focused on the Mogu, you even see their statues everywhere. The west half is mostly Yaungol and Mantid. Pandaren territory makes up only a tiny part of the continent.

Terrible idea. They just look way too goofy. Maybe if blizzard would have designed them to not look as funny, but how serious can you make a panda look? Worst part is they will linger on throughout the game. Several xpacs from now, if I'm still playing, I'll be downing some really cool, imposing raid boss and then I'll look over and notice somebody in the group is playing a kungfu panda. Moment ruined.

considering Pandaren were the alliance race for BC BEFORE draenei, i would say yes, it was about time we saw Chen's people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they are great.

They add an emotional awareness to the game that's been severely lacking.

I've wanted to play a Pandaren since Vanilla, and I got my wish. In addition, I really enjoyed Pandaria and its storyline all the way through. So yes, I think they were a great addition.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of ran out cares to give quite a while ago- but I think they are a perfectly okay addition.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Terrible idea. They just look way too goofy. Maybe if blizzard would have designed them to not look as funny, but how serious can you make a panda look? Worst part is they will linger on throughout the game. Several xpacs from now, if I'm still playing, I'll be downing some really cool, imposing raid boss and then I'll look over and notice somebody in the group is playing a kungfu panda. Moment ruined.
    So, people aren't allowed to play what they like?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    yup, i think Pandaren were a very good race to have in the game. their lore, and cultural differences were really interesting to play thru and experience. they were definitely not trivial to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I kept trying to play one back several months ago and though I -really- want a mistweaver monk to try healing with at max level, I just can't get over the karate sounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have had ninja turtles.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I have no problem with Panda's in the game... I get a kick out of people that rage over them being in it because it doesn't measure up to the standards set forth by having Orcs and Goblins or Trolls or talking upright cows or space goats... let alone Gnomes and Werewolves.

We need a content option to the poll, I neither think they are gamechanging, nor gamebreaking.

I have no problem with Panda's, I don't really like the models, so I just don't roll one, problem solved.

We have little people, cows and goats, that are playable, panda's are nothing strange.

They fit in as much as any other race. Saying pandaren don't fit in is just as bad as saying tauren don't fit in.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They weren't, but could've been, if they had been implemented better IMO

Was a weird twist, but don't really have a big opinion about it. Even though I remember Mists of Pandaria being an April fools joke at one point.