Deleted

Improve my char!

Hello fellow warriors!

I have a question about me reforge and gemming.
    Seen so many warriors go for pure parry/dodge gems and im wondering if i can do something about my gemming and reforging.

Have recently gotten into a HC progressing guild and i want to min max my char for future progress!

Here is a link to my warrior; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rwagn/advanced

Thanks in advice

reforge all your dodge to spirit.
    reforge all your parry to haste.
    reforge all your expertise to hit.
    reforge all your hit so you have no hit.

all red sockets get the green 160pvp power + 160 pvp resil gems.
    all blue and yellow sockets get agility gems.

good luck

Infracted - Please refrain from trolling like this
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-11-14 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    reforge all your dodge to spirit.
    reforge all your parry to haste.
    reforge all your expertise to hit.
    reforge all your hit so you have no hit.

all red sockets get the green 160pvp power + 160 pvp resil gems.
    all blue and yellow sockets get agility gems.

good luck

Infracted - Please refrain from trolling like this
    Really helpful.. Bad troll is bad!

15+ Year Old Account
    Your ilvl is 560. What exactly do you want from people who are probably less geared than you?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Your ilvl is 560. What exactly do you want from people who are probably less geared than you?
    Just some pointers that may improve my character maby? There are loads of warriors out there with way better gear then me and maby are more up to date on what is best when it comes to gems/reforge. So your argument is kinda stupid!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever go for stamina? At our gearlvl we really dont have to care about that at all. Run another stamina trinket if you feel like that. If you scrap those stamina gems you could actually gain 2% avoidance, a tiny bit of strength, you could cap expertise and, most important, drop almost 3% of unnecessairy hit. I will not go through every slot, start using amr and set the value of stamina to low.

use the dmg version for your shoulders. And if your raid can take it, use the dmg meta as well.

Do not use Shockwave unless you think of an specific encounter. Do never use Avatar. Use double time instead of juggernaut, trust me, you will like it. Do only use TC Glyph at single target bosses if every drop of damage is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    You defenitely need more Mastery and you got way too much stamina gems (you really dont need them)

Just gem parry/dogde and mastery - parry is fine too but hybrid gems are the way to go actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackazzem View Post
    You defenitely need more Mastery and you got way too much stamina gems (you really dont need them)

Just gem parry/dogde and mastery - parry is fine too but hybrid gems are the way to go actually
    Mastery is one of Prot warriors' worst stats compared to dodge/parry right now due to Riposte.

Back on topic:

You need to change out those JC gems from stamina to parry.
    Last edited by Jakesterwars; 2013-11-14 at 08:12 PM.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted

No...

Gem full Parry unless the socket bonus is decent
    You don't really want to be gemming for mastery at all right now. Hybrid gems are worse than full parry

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

That is actually no good advice. No offence. Do not gem Mastery.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

If you want to maximize your Hold the Line Revenge procs then:

Red sockets = Parry or Expertise (whichever method will net you the most overall Parry)
    Yellow sockets = Parry+Dodge or Expertise+Dodge (see above)
    Blue sockets = Parry+Hit or Parry+Stamina (if you can't reforge away excess Hit)

Use the Expertise to Gloves enchant if that lets you get another Parry gem equipped. Use Dodge before Parry if you must for your reforge stat to get Expertise 15% or Hit 7.5%. Changing your JC gems is up to you; personally I'd keep the Stamina since it doesn't suffer the reduced gain to stats as secondary stats do compared to BS but pure Parry will increase HtL.

The gain to total avoidance is minimal if you're trying to balance Parry+Dodge, something like less than 0.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    That is actually no good advice. No offence. Do not gem Mastery.
    Eh, if OP had Thok trinket and wanted to run a Crit+Mastery build it wouldn't be a bad idea. Mastery would smooth out the damage but more overall damage taken.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-11-14 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you want to maximize your Hold the Line Revenge procs then:

Red sockets = Parry or Expertise (whichever method will net you the most overall Parry)
    Yellow sockets = Parry+Dodge or Expertise+Dodge (see above)
    Blue sockets = Parry+Hit or Parry+Stamina (if you can't reforge away excess Hit)

Use the Expertise to Gloves enchant if that lets you get another Parry gem equipped. Use Dodge before Parry if you must for your reforge stat to get Expertise 15% or Hit 7.5%. Changing your JC gems is up to you; personally I'd keep the Stamina since it doesn't suffer the reduced gain to stats as secondary stats do compared to BS but pure Parry will increase HtL.

The gain to total avoidance is minimal if you're trying to balance Parry+Dodge, something like less than 0.5%.

Eh, if OP had Thok trinket and wanted to run a Crit+Mastery build it wouldn't be a bad idea. Mastery would smooth out the damage but more overall damage taken.
    Thanks alot for the adivices. I'll try to regem and reforge today!

EDIT; I have access to Rook's Unlucky Talisman. Is it valid to go double stam trinket?
    Last edited by mmoc44d7d9ea9f; 2013-11-15 at 05:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post

EDIT; I have access to Rook's Unlucky Talisman. Is it valid to go double stam trinket?
    Two things. Going full parry is not always the way to go. There is a perfect ratio between dodge and parry because of dimishing returns. On the other other hand, that will net into 1 or 2% more avoidance overall, so it is okay not to bother too much about that.
    Second, If you have to run with two stamina trinkets depends on your raid. If you get too much damage to your face, a bigger healthpool would be nice. But bosses don´t deal the same amount of damage, you know. And sometimes healers have more or less time to focus on the tank being pummeled to a formless mass. Just go for two or three tries and get a feeling for the damage taken, then decide.
    Regarding Rook´s Talisman, you would be surprised on which attacks it has effect. Just click my name, I made a thread regarding that some weeks ago.

Deleted
    Two things. Going full parry is not always the way to go. There is a perfect ratio between dodge and parry because of dimishing returns. On the other other hand, that will net into 1 or 2% more avoidance overall, so it is okay not to bother too much about that.
    Se
    This has been discussed to death and I would like to see the DR math that you have that shows a 1 to 2% gain at achievable rating levels. Going parry will net you more DPS due to HTL procs and a smaller gain from parry haste which players still benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post

As Valech said Rook's is a very powerful trinket considering every boss has at least 1 ability that it works on. Might be a bit overkill with the tank CDR but for progression more survival is never a bad thing.

Deleted
    Second, If you have to run with two stamina trinkets depends on your raid. If you get too much damage to your face, a bigger healthpool would be nice. But bosses don´t deal the same amount of damage, you know. And sometimes healers have more or less time to focus on the tank being pummeled to a formless mass. Just go for two or three tries and get a feeling for the damage taken, then decide.
    Regarding Rook´s Talisman, you would be surprised on which attacks it has effect. Just click my name, I made a thread regarding that some weeks ago.
    The thing is, as I've said before in other posts; The amount of avoidance you gain from trying to balance Diminishing returns is about 1% at best, it really isn't that big. Also when compared to the amount of DPS you gain from having full parry for the plethora of HtL procs VASTLY outweighs the avoidance you gain from balancing them. You quite simply can't get enough rating from current gear to make balancing viable in any way

The Rook trinket is indeed very powerful but for the most part fairly situational and when you overgear encounters its use does start to somewhat diminish, one exception being malkorok if you rely on a solo soaking tactic
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-11-15 at 06:18 PM.

At your gear lvl You should get purely for crit with getting socket bonuses mixing crit with stamina/hit or parry. This way You max your dps outcome and active mitigation. There are no bosses in SoO HC that hit hard enough to gem for avoidance at your ilvl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    At your gear lvl You should get purely for crit with getting socket bonuses mixing crit with stamina/hit or parry. This way You max your dps outcome and active mitigation. There are no bosses in SoO HC that hit hard enough to gem for avoidance at your ilvl.
    I would refrain from doing so. The damage gain is marginal at best. Less Revenge proccs and less Crit through Riposte. It is also not true, that going full crit maxes your active Mitigation. Therefore, you would sacrifice survivability in terms to spit out a small amount of damage. Your healer´s won´t thank you.