Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lack of special effects? For example [Revenge] just a animation without anything.

Lack of special effects? For example [Revenge] just a animation without anything.
    It shares the animation with other abilities, it's basicly you slam the weapon on the ground, no special effect or cool animation.

While ALL abilities of the Monk, normal ones, all of em, have some effect or unique movement.

.. Using [Revenge] feel like I am just auto-attacking

I don't think you understand RPG's very well..

Warriors don't need special effects, all they need is their sword/shield or axe/greatsword, nothing more, nothing less.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thou I think Konah expressed it a bit harsh, I agree with him. I remember times, when devestate was just another addiitional simple hit. Now it has this big ass sword crushing on top of the opponents head. I think we warriors are fine what we have. Especially Revenge is a strike in response to an attack (You take >revenge< for being hit), why should there be blue and yellow and green stars be popping up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Thou I think Konah expressed it a bit harsh, I agree with him. I remember times, when devestate was just another addiitional simple hit. Now it has this big ass sword crushing on top of the opponents head. I think we warriors are fine what we have. Especially Revenge is a strike in response to an attack (You take >revenge< for being hit), why should there be blue and yellow and green stars be popping up?
    Often you dodge or parry, you use Revenge.
    It doesn't even hit the enemy, just adds XXX damage over the enemy head.

So you wouldn't know if you used it if you were deaf.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit torn, Warriors don't do anything magical, they just swing their weapons around and hurt stuff, so they shouldn't have any crazy flashy explosions and las0r beams. But I do think that they are quite boring to watch. I think that with the new models they should take a leaf out of the monks book and add loads more attack animations, so that at least all the major Warrior abilities have their own swing animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm a bit torn, Warriors don't do anything magical, they just swing their weapons around and hurt stuff, so they shouldn't have any crazy flashy explosions and las0r beams. But I do think that they are quite boring to watch. I think that with the new models they should take a leaf out of the monks book and add loads more attack animations, so that at least all the major Warrior abilities have their own swing animation.
    Just a unique Warrior animation, good to me, doesn't need to be flashy fireworks.
    Sad part, they don't even have that for the Revenge one.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only special effects I can think of adding feasibly would be more gore! kill bill style blood splatters when you rend etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    The only special effects I can think of adding feasibly would be more gore! kill bill style blood splatters when you rend etc!
    Blood and thunder!

Deleted
    More blood, sparks fly off your shield when you block, weapons slash the air with blurry after-effects, thats sort of thing would be cool. I agree we shouldn't get magic spell effects, but something a little more flashy would be cool. Kind of like the D3 barb they did a really good job with that.

Deleted
    Warriors are only soldiers. I mean, it's just logical that they don't have flashy abilities but with a main as warrior it gets a bit... boring.
    In MoP we got a lot of fire on our abilities and armor. Challenge Mode set, charge glyph, enrage glyph etc. which was quite enjoyable.
    I think Blizzard should put something in that makes it a bit more interesting. I have always thought about summoning a few warriors that is fighting by your side for you a few seconds, but meh.
    Banners have also been implented which is pretty ''warriorish''. There must be something they can implent to us right? More blood?

Deleted
    I'd rather not have more crap flying around on my screen. It's already fairly ridiculous, and I think we have enough fancy(ish) animations and glyphs to make up for the lack of base special effects.

Deleted
    That's why they should have left the Glyph of the Weaponmaster using legendary weapons. Because warriors just have weapons and armor to show off. But, you know, pre-emptive QQ.

1. Monk is a brand new class -- of course it's going to have better animations.
    2. Do you really spend that much time zoomed in and focused on your character? I mean, I imagine you'd die to fire/cleaves/boss mechanics a lot.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-12 at 06:40 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I think we could definitely use some awesome abilities. I mean, think of some basic weapon moves that were amazing in video games - omnislash, blade beam, braver from ff vii as examples, confuse from chrono trigger. The list goes on. I think it would be amazing to see Warriors do something similar.

I don't want anything more than the animation my Tauren does when casting Shield Slam.

That huge back-hand slap with the sound is just awesome <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Warriors arent magical. They dont have mana. They have strength and rage to overpower enemies. Thats like me swinging an axe and expecting lazors to shoot out of my ass. Why? Paladins have spell effects bc they use magic and holy power, therefore you see bursts of light. We dont.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I'd be happy if they just let us transmog 2handers into polearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to actually feel super powerful and strong like a warrior should. Like the barbarian in Diablo 3 for example. Look at heroic throw. Total joke. We've always had way too many ultra bland abilities/animations. Not saying we need enormous flashy magic animations but I mean come on. I have really high hopes for the new animations and sounds that will come along with the new models.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I'd like to actually feel super powerful and strong like a warrior should. Like the barbarian in Diablo 3 for example. Look at heroic throw. Total joke. We've always had way too many ultra bland abilities/animations. Not saying we need enormous flashy magic animations but I mean come on. I have really high hopes for the new animations and sounds that will come along with the new models.
    Heroic throw used to be better, it was slower so you could see your weapon flying through the air. But they changed it, forget the exact reason why, but they had to speed it up to make it work for something.

Warriors don't need much more flash, I could live with unique animations though, as long as they're no frivolous shininess.

Where all the other classes have some sort of method that helps them fight, warriors only have their armor and their weapons, we don't need magic, trickery or fancy stuff, just need pure will and a healthy dose of rage!