DW Frost priority?

Hey, So I was just wondering - is it worth dumping Unholy Runes on Obliterate as DW Frost? I;ve been watching a lot of videos of multiple heroic kills and it seems that no on even touches it, but EJ says to use it to dump Unholy runes.

thanks.

Deleted
    best advise you can get here is - do as you feel it. The diffrence between using Obliterate and not using is not that big with one big BUT - don't waste KM procs on it - that is already a dps loss. And also RIme procs are good no matter what the theorycrafters say.

My dk personly Sim for 302k single target with light movement with using obliterate in the rotation. Before a mount or so i read about that Mastersimple rotation where you use PS instead of Obliterate. So i decided to try it and best place i found it to check how is the diffrencens was Juggernault. So i didnt get any upgrade for like 3 resets and that gave me the chance to see the diffrence. Here is what happend. First 2 wekks i was dealing a steady 270k with 561 ilvl and that got me fustrated because ... well... thats 30k dps less than the sim (i know i know i cant play this perfectly as the simulation in SimC, but come on ... 30k diffrence?!?). Then last week i got only wrist upgrade from normal to hc version - not a major upgrade. So i did return to my old rotation i do since i play dw frost dk in MoP - with obliterated in the rotation, but careful to not waste it use on KM. I felt reborn. I had much more runic to spend on FS and i also got free HB here and there... it was just awesome. And when i checked recount - voala 300k dps.

So what im tryin got say is - my personal advise is "Yes use it."

Overall the difference as was just stated is supposed to be "small". It's really up to you though.
    On the one fight I am actually switching to it, Heroic Spoils, I just ignore OB because of all the cleave. Though I know that I would be doing the same on other bosses as well. I don't like Frost, play it kind of poorly, and don't have much interest in playing it, so I play it the simpler way to at least ease my pain.

Hello there,

I suggest you read my Post on this very subject where I found, Under some setups, that removing obliterate to be a very slight DPS gain over using it

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-3-5-cleaving

I want to also note that this rotation Should be a DPS gain for you as well if you are cleaving 2 or more targets, so No need to use 2 rotations for Separate single target and cleaving

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    best advise you can get here is - do as you feel it. The diffrence between using Obliterate and not using is not that big with one big BUT - don't waste KM procs on it - that is already a dps loss. And also RIme procs are good no matter what the theorycrafters say.

My dk personly Sim for 302k single target with light movement with using obliterate in the rotation. Before a mount or so i read about that Mastersimple rotation where you use PS instead of Obliterate. So i decided to try it and best place i found it to check how is the diffrencens was Juggernault. So i didnt get any upgrade for like 3 resets and that gave me the chance to see the diffrence. Here is what happend. First 2 wekks i was dealing a steady 270k with 561 ilvl and that got me fustrated because ... well... thats 30k dps less than the sim (i know i know i cant play this perfectly as the simulation in SimC, but come on ... 30k diffrence?!?). Then last week i got only wrist upgrade from normal to hc version - not a major upgrade. So i did return to my old rotation i do since i play dw frost dk in MoP - with obliterated in the rotation, but careful to not waste it use on KM. I felt reborn. I had much more runic to spend on FS and i also got free HB here and there... it was just awesome. And when i checked recount - voala 300k dps.

So what im tryin got say is - my personal advise is "Yes use it."
    Youre doing it wrong, Rime procs are fine, and are part of the reason that Obliterate is competitive, the thing with removing obliterate though, is that it actually makes your DPS less reliant on RNG since you'll need 45% Rime procs to be competitive. If you dont get that, well your DPS will go to crap.

Also the correct way to properly remove obliterate from your rotation is not to simply use PS where you would obliterate. The correct way is to PS Only when you cannot even use Empower runic Weapon, or Plague Leech

I have also found it IS ok to PS if your UH runes are capped before using empower runic weapon, but when horn of winter is on CD
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959