Lightbulb 2 or 3 Heal discussion.

Good day, were a guild thats starting HC progression now, we've started abit late in 5.4, but our average ilvl is around 555, we really dont have a third healer atm.. We've always 1 healed or 2 healed it on normal, i just want your guys point of view what fights thats 2 heal manageable since thats what we wanna use, till we ect gear up our shammy.

Situation:

We got a Disc priest & Holy pal (is that a good healing combination overall for HC)?
    Our dps seems quite decent, we have good dpsers.
    Whats taking us down is undergeared tanks.

We planned on starting on Norushen HC and Galakras HC, are those 2 heal prefered? And what other fights should we pick if we wanna go 2 heal.

All answers appriciated!

Setup:

Guardian
    ProtPala

Rogue
    Warr
    Mage/boomkin
    Spriest
    Ele sham
    Hunter

Disc
    H pal

My guild uses 2 main healers a Resto Druid & Pally. Then a Shaman on some fights. As long as your healers are good, disc & pally is fine.

3 heal Immerseus is best, I mean you could 2 heal through it fine, just the intermissions would get tough at the end...unless you have spriests/boomkins/ele shammys that can heal in those phases.

Protectors can be 2 healed, my guild did this week. It's recommended that you 3 heal it first, but I mean if you wanna go for it, its clearly possible.

Norushen is 2 healed, easily.

My guild 2 heals Sha, pretty sure most do.

We 2 heal Galakras as well, not too bad.

Iron Jugg definitely needs 3 heals, some have even 4 healed it. Even Shamans require 3. So yeah unless your healers are extremely geared, I'd suggest getting a 3rd if you want to progress further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    My guild uses 2 main healers a Resto Druid & Pally. Then a Shaman on some fights. As long as your healers are good, disc & pally is fine.

3 heal Immerseus is best, I mean you could 2 heal through it fine, just the intermissions would get tough at the end...unless you have spriests/boomkins/ele shammys that can heal in those phases.

Protectors can be 2 healed, my guild did this week. It's recommended that you 3 heal it first, but I mean if you wanna go for it, its clearly possible.

Norushen is 2 healed, easily.

My guild 2 heals Sha, pretty sure most do.

We 2 heal Galakras as well, not too bad.

Iron Jugg definitely needs 3 heals, some have even 4 healed it. Even Shamans require 3. So yeah unless your healers are extremely geared, I'd suggest getting a 3rd if you want to progress further.
    With their gear and setup, anything besides Thok would be doable 2 heal. We never 3 healed immerseus btw, not sure why you would lower your dps while 2 healers can easily do it. You won't be spread much anyway. Juggernaut with that many hybrid will be cake 2 heal. And shamans is also 2 heal.

@OP I would still tell your boomkin and shaman to get a resto set for Thok.

Well it is entirely possible to 2 heal Juggernaut and Shamans with a Disc and HolyPal even when not massively geared. I'd say the average ilvl if you're starting now would be about 560 odd?, If you start from immerseus and make your way through it should bring everyone up a few ilvls. When our guild killed Juggernaut we did 2 heal it the first kill with a Disc and HolyPal with roughly 563ilvl each, we are 2 healing shamans atm with 565ilvl (0.7% wipe last night >.<).

If your current healers are confident they can 2 heal it then by all means try it, since it leads to an easier job for the DPS (esp with Juggernaut).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    Well it is entirely possible to 2 heal Juggernaut and Shamans with a Disc and HolyPal even when not massively geared. I'd say the average ilvl if you're starting now would be about 560 odd?, If you start from immerseus and make your way through it should bring everyone up a few ilvls. When our guild killed Juggernaut we did 2 heal it the first kill with a Disc and HolyPal with roughly 563ilvl each, we are 2 healing shamans atm with 565ilvl (0.7% wipe last night >.<).

If your current healers are confident they can 2 heal it then by all means try it, since it leads to an easier job for the DPS (esp with Juggernaut).
    I would recommend this aswell. Start at Immersus and work your way up, perhaps you need to skip Protectors and start recruiting another healer. Then you'll gear up as you go and can choose to 2/3 heal Jugger/Shamans. You might struggle on Malkorok with your healing setup.

Good luck!

Deleted
    We 2 heal Nourshen, Sha of Pride, Galakras. 3 heal the rest, regarding Iron Jugg and Shamans I do not see the point of 2 healing these unless you can skip the 2nd phase 2 of Iron jugg you will still get back into P1 again 2 healing just adds extra pressure for no gain. As for shamans giving how their abilities can line up if you aren't going to hit the enrage by dropping a DPS then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    With their gear and setup, anything besides Thok would be doable 2 heal. We never 3 healed immerseus btw, not sure why you would lower your dps while 2 healers can easily do it. You won't be spread much anyway. Juggernaut with that many hybrid will be cake 2 heal. And shamans is also 2 heal.

@OP I would still tell your boomkin and shaman to get a resto set for Thok.
    What does dps matter on immerseus when 70%+ of the oozes in the intermissions are healing oozes?

Lets face it, people entering heroics now aren't the cream of the crop. Sure IJ can be 2 healed but its very hard to do, same with some of the other fights. Galakras, norushen and Sha are all definitely 2 heal fights in my book. The others are a matter of preference, and to some extent composition.

It's all about the quality of your healers and how you manage the mechanics without taking unnecessary damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    What does dps matter on immerseus when 70%+ of the oozes in the intermissions are healing oozes?

Lets face it, people entering heroics now aren't the cream of the crop. Sure IJ can be 2 healed but its very hard to do, same with some of the other fights. Galakras, norushen and Sha are all definitely 2 heal fights in my book. The others are a matter of preference, and to some extent composition.
    Did you even look at his setup? If they have 3 hybrids playing, they can heal up just as many oozes as normal healers, and you will push him alot quicker wich results in less dmg. Not to mention that the '70%' healing oozes dont start coming till the end.

Our 2 heals:
    Immeurseus
    Protectors.
    Norushen
    Sha
    Galakras
    Shamens
    Nazgrim
    Malkorok
    Spoils

3 Heal fights:
    Iron Juggernaut