Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    - Limited flying time before your mount becomes exhausted. Unlimited ground mount usage in comparison.

I really love this idea..... could work like you have 30 or 60 minutes per day flying time* so you should have to spend that time wisely. Flying time means flying time.... should take away that then from cities so people could still show off their mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well they would still be in the cities technically (zone). Still it is a bit lame to just think this will greatly increase people in cities (visible).

Atleast on my server loads are on the ground doing stuff vs the hovering. I know, I regularly fly around above Stormwind... I see maybe 5 people flying around. And perhaps some more if they hop from one section of the city to another. But thats like not worth mentioning. They will still be on the ground longer then hovering above.

They aren't going to remove flying to old azeroth anyway. Just Draenor. So it would be 1 city... wooptidoo.
    I sometimes have trouble finding an unoccupied roof to AFK on in Stormwind.

Not that it's a very good point. It just seem like the most logical thing the person *could* have meant. >.<

Deleted
    Yeah, getting dismounted by these birds in Skettis was such fun.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Longer casttime for fly mounts, shorter for ground mounts.
    I think this is a very simple solution, yet I feel it would be very effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

They could just let players play the way they want instead of funneling them through what they think is fun. It always seems like this game becomes play the way Blizzard wants you to play because any other way is just wrong.

I'm confused. How do flying mounts make people want to stand around in cities?

Oh, and flying mounts are friggin awesome! I have no idea why anyone would want to make people feel penalized for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I'm confused. How do flying mounts make people want to stand around in cities?

Oh, and flying mounts are friggin awesome! I have no idea why anyone would want to make people feel penalized for flying.
    I guess their playstyle is important enough to want to take something away from ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    - Limited flying time before your mount becomes exhausted. Unlimited ground mount usage in comparison.
    Not too sure how well this would work.

- Flying movement becomes harder. Flying reckless and irresponsible too much might cause you to dismount.
    This is getting a little too far from what flying is about in my opinion.
    - Poof, idea is gone -

It was a bad idea.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-11-14 at 04:34 PM.

Maybe Blizz should finally add those aerial battles they put on the WotLK box.

Along your lines of thought I think the perfect fix would be to increase the ground mount speed to what the flying mount speed is.

Bingo everyone is fine with ground mounts.

You've done it!
    The way to fix the game is to make something that everyone uses INCONVENIENT and a pain!
    SOMEONE TRADEMARK THIS WE'RE RICH.

I've barely thought throught these ideas, but still;
    1. Make ground mounts faster than flying. This will limit the uses of flying to areas that are hard to reach or the likes.

2. Make them even slower on great heights, thus making players use flightmasters for shorter travels too, when getting between zones. Maybe even force you to land after a while when you've flown at massive heights?

3. Yes. Make flight more interactive with both roaming packs of faction soldiers and larger mobs, maybe even drakes and things like that. Whatever you can do to fill the sky with actual content.

Also - If you've ever flown while really really drunk (i mean ingame) that flying is crazy - never going where you want, sounds like the idea posted a few before mine.

I got an idea. I'm combining these two a bit.

Flying could work like a simplified Ram riding (from Brewfest). Like someone else already mentioned, flying could have an energybar. Slowly when you fly the energybar goes down, like how the fatigue bar works when you get on the maps edge. When you fly around and birds, dragons, arrows hit you the energybar loses a bit of energy as well (like 20-30%). Then there is a height control. The higher you are from the ground, the faster the decrease-rate of the energy goes.
    But you can extend flying as well. All food (both mana or health) gives your mount extra energy to fly longer. The amount the food gives more energy is based on their level. Low level food gives like 2% extra health, while max level food gives 50% extra food. To give this food you need to use your "Feed ride" ability (or "Fuel ride" in case of mechanic/non-living mounts). The skill has, after usage, a cooldown of 60 seconds. By default, your fly mount can fly for about 4 minutes. Upon hit in the air this "Feed ride" ability will be unactive for 6 seconds.
    Nope bad idea, would'nt be an actual mount then. Dont make flying inconvenient, make everything else a bit more attractive.

Deleted
    Make flying mounts as hard to control as a Boeing 747, so only the best skilled people can fly it without crashing and dieing from height damage.
    Takeoff and landing a flying mount should require at least 1000-2000 yards of unobstructed straight paved surface. More for bigger mounts.

The current flying as it's in the game is way too unrealistic where people can turn around faster and change pitch faster than even a MiG-31.

Ok... Now i think about it. It's indeed a bad idea. And it sounded soo good in my head......

Idea of Zardi is better. Maybe with the addition of this part i wrote:

But you can extend flying as well. All food (both mana or health) gives your mount extra energy to fly longer. The amount the food gives more energy is based on their level. Low level food gives like 2% extra health, while max level food gives 50% extra food. To give this food you need to use your "Feed ride" ability (or "Fuel ride" in case of mechanic/non-living mounts). The skill has, after usage, a cooldown of 60 seconds. By default, your fly mount can fly for about 4 minutes. Upon hit in the air this "Feed ride" ability will be unactive for 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I've said it before:

Just have a pack of angry birds in the air that patrol or can just pop up from trees/bushes below that are faster then your flyspeed. They do not hurt you but dismount you. So flying becomes a "challenge".

But imo they should just keep Draenor without flying until atleast the next expansion... and then have flying again. The next expansion has the new land also not available for flying until the next expansion etc etc
    They had something similiar to this around Halfhill when MoP dropped. The birds were very aggressive and made things difficult to fly around Halfhill. It was quickly removed due to complaints. While I agree there should be some sort of danger to flying, this particular idea has aalready happened and removed, so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Make flying mounts as hard to control as a Boeing 747, so only the best skilled people can fly it without crashing and dieing from height damage.
    Takeoff and landing a flying mount should require at least 1000-2000 yards of unobstructed straight paved surface. More for bigger mounts.

The current flying as it's in the game is way too unrealistic where people can turn around faster and change pitch faster than even a MiG-31.
    The current flying mounts are modeled after the Harrier Jet...

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You mean like how a bird can turn faster and change pitch faster than a MiG-31?

As I said in another thread, I like the idea of wind patterns (similar to the riptides on the south shore of Dread Wastes that help you get to/from the underwater quests more quickly) and weather patterns (travel slower during rain, for example) to vary the speed of air travel. Those could be used to make it difficult for players to simply hop and drop their way to quest objectives, but could also be used to speed flyers traveling along other routes. Additionally, if the patterns varied from week to week, it would make it harder on some botters.