Poll: How will Taran Zhu meet his glorious death?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Taran Zhu's Demise

Given that this character is quite unpopular and the Pandaren deserve a better central figure, what would be a good way for Blizzard to kill him off in a climactic (or ridiculous) way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe have Garrosh kill him on his way out through a display Orcish "justice"? Only way I can think of that would be fitting. I personally have no problem with Taran Zhu (in fact I quite love the shado pan and their quest line) but if he HAS to die, that would be the way I would do it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Why is he unpopular? I agree with him, we brought back the Sha, we brought chaos and hatred on Pandaria, he is protecting his home

Deleted
    I think if Taran Zhu was going to die it would have happened in the SoO trailer. That said if it did happen it would be Garrosh killing him during his escape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    Why is he unpopular? I agree with him, we brought back the Sha, we brought chaos and hatred on Pandaria, he is protecting his home
    By Failing to execute Garrosh Instantly? By allowing him to Escape (Time travel or not) thus Endangering AZEROTH (Not just Pandaria) with the Threat of the Iron Horde?

The moment Taran Zhu was given Garrosh, he should have snapped his neck

And the other Pandaren also Protect their home, yet they don't act like righteous bastards.

What i mean with Time travel or not is that there was always a Chance that he might escape, with (Dragon) or without Help.
    Last edited by mmoc103c9f4382; 2013-11-14 at 12:28 PM.

He is not wrong about that, but he is also a hypocrite in a lot of what he says. He ended up the one being completely possessed by the Sha due to having no control over his emotions, not the horde or alliance. The pandaren were also just delaying the inevitable with the Sha locked away, while Horde/Alliance wiped it out once and for all. He throws threats around when Pandaria doesn't even have a real military, all of the land's major threats were stopped by the outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    He is not wrong about that, but he is also a hypocrite in a lot of what he says. He ended up the one being completely possessed by the Sha due to having no control over his emotions, not the horde or alliance. The pandaren were also just delaying the inevitable with the Sha locked away, while Horde/Alliance wiped it out once and for all. He throws threats around when Pandaria doesn't even have a real military, all of the land's major threats were stopped by the outsiders.
    His threats were regarding a civilian population residing in a fairly vulnerable Shrine.

taran zhu isnt unpopular.

theres a few people that dislike him but hes a pretty neutral character
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to give Garrosh a cool jail break, snapping Taran Zhu's neck would help that.

I don't mind Taran Zhu though, not seen much hate towards him.

He should be the representative of Pandaria's sentient races during the events of WoD, and should be disregarded by the leaders of the Alliance and the Horde, to demonstrate how lacking he is in leadership skills and charisma, I want him to slowly diminish and diminish untill he finds himself in obscurity, his lectures and notions are always contradicted by himself, he is full of flaws and lacks in good traits.
    He is right though, maybe other races suffered more than the pandaran as a result of Garrosh's actions, but Pandaria wasn't a side in the conflict, the havoc and destruction was brought to it's shores by Garrosh, they were basically inoccent, thus they deserve to exectue the punishment, obviously they're going to fail miserably.
    At that point, I want somebody else to rise as Pandaria's protector and leader, preferably not a Shado-Pan panda.
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-11-14 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    . He throws threats around when Pandaria doesn't even have a real military, all of the land's major threats were stopped by the outsiders.
    yes they do. the only problem is that pandarias threats were, atleast before we screwed everything up, on a pretty stable timeline, they knew relatively when shit was going to go down and how much shit was going to go down and they planned accordingly.

the pandaren on pandaria mostly assumed the rest of the world was dead after the burning legion invaded, they had no reason to assume green men from outer space and pink men with floating boats would come to their land and mess the entire system up.

we came, awoke the sha, the sha forced the mantid to attack hundreds of years early, the mantid pushed the yaungol out of their homes so they attacked in order to survive, then because of us the zandalari found out pandaria was back and taught the mogu magic again.

the major threats were defeated with the help of outsiders because pandaria planned its military recruitment and training based around centuries old cycles and didnt happen to have a velen around to predict the pandaclysm
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    The Iron Horde besieges Karabor.

Atop its roof, we defeat Garrosh.

Taran Zhu arrives.

Taran Zhu says: It is finished. You are beaten.
    Garrosh says: You have won...Taran Zhu. But the hunter...is nothing without the hunt. You...are nothing...without me.
    Taran Zhu says: He's right. I feel nothing. I am nothing. Farewell, champions.
    Akama says: The Light will fill these dismal halls once again. I swear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    At that point, I want somebody else to rise as Pandaria's protector and leader, preferably not a Shado-Pan panda.
    Farmer Yoon for pandaresident.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes they do. the only problem is that pandarias threats were, atleast before we screwed everything up, on a pretty stable timeline, they knew relatively when shit was going to go down and how much shit was going to go down and they planned accordingly.

the pandaren on pandaria mostly assumed the rest of the world was dead after the burning legion invaded, they had no reason to assume green men from outer space and pink men with floating boats would come to their land and mess the entire system up.

we came, awoke the sha, the sha forced the mantid to attack hundreds of years early, the mantid pushed the yaungol out of their homes so they attacked in order to survive, then because of us the zandalari found out pandaria was back and taught the mogu magic again.

the major threats were defeated with the help of outsiders because pandaria planned its military recruitment and training based around centuries old cycles and didnt happen to have a velen around to predict the pandaclysm
    Except the Yaungol were pushing into Kunlai before we landed. And they did that because of the swarm acting erratically. Which means at least Sha of Fear was already out. And the Mogu were not a threat to be released by outside forces, they were constantly present. So the only thing we released were up to five other Sha. The weaker ones.

And no, they don't have a real military. Being as ill prepared as the Shado Pan for a scenario in which the Mantid attack out of order means your military is shit. They grew lazy and accustomed to their cozy, predictable swarms. Especially since neither Sha nor Mogu were a cyclical occurrence so it's not like they could have been on standby mode outside the swarms. They should even have blackest night scenario in which all three happened at the same time. 5.0 proved they didn't. The only thing they are excused in not being prepared for are Zandalari and the return of the Thunder King.

@OP You should change the 8th option to Sha of Xenophobia, because if there was one in Warcraft universe, Taran Zhu would have drawn it like a magnet, regardless of the distance.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2013-11-14 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I think Taran Zhu is a damn hypocrit. We brought the Sha? But when we meet him in his Monastery it's he that is possessed. I think you shouldn't lecture others when you can't even follow the lessons yourself. He's just a very annoying character if you ask me, he just strikes me as arrogant.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's that unpopular, I'm not sure that he is, then wouldn't it be better to have him do something that improves perception of him rather than to just kill him off and leave a hole with some no-name who'd never get any further character development to lead the Shado-pan?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how he dies, i just want him to stop his endless blabbering.

(Drowned in a fountain).

I chose the first choice, It would have to be Garrosh that kills him, slowly preferably. It's only right for this idiot panda to see the error of his ways and go through the consequences of his awful decision making.

He also brought a low blow into it during the 5.4 trailer by bringing Grom into the equation
    I'm Clara the impossible girl, and I was born to save the Doctor.

Deleted
    If we never arrived Taran Zhu would be Thunder Kings pet