Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I see lv85 bots flying in MoP areas all the time (with hacks)

So won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    you are forgetting that everyone will have a garrison that will provide them with free herbs, ores, etc. Everything will be expensive at first like it always is but that will fall of quickly as a player's garrisons grow.
    Then once 6.1 comes out the prices will crash so really if you wanna make some big bucks make it early!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    ... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly.
    You clearly haven't met the magical teleporting, wall hopping mega-bot's I've seen skipping around my realm....

Don't need no flying mounts when you're peter pan teh mega haxxor apparently.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the density of nodes is similar to MoP, there will be no problem. I don't like to buy mats for my profs and leveling a gathering alt is next thing I'm doing when I max my main. Farmed on ground all the way till 90 and had more than enough for Alch and Engi.

Ore prices are low now because it is not needed. Everything of value from crafting is locked behind a daily cooldown.

Red gems on my server are 60 gold. If you cut the amount of ore spawns by 500%... the cost of red gems on my server would still be 60 gold.

Even in the most extreme cases of flying, bots, or whatever being removed, there is still going to be more then enough ore for gems.

Also, don´t forget, meta gems are being removed, the amount of gem sockets on gear is being reduced, enchanting is being reduced etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mellowconundrum View Post
    With all the gold that was pumped into the system from dailies, higher prices are most likely going to be relative anyway.
    MoP felt ridiculous for how easy it was to accumulate large sums of gold...going to need something to spend it on and it may as well be mats
    Did you see the prices to upgrade your buildings in your garrison. One screenshot I saw showed 10,000g to upgrade one building one time. What is there, about 12 building slots, each upgradable 3 times PER CHARACTER. That is a decent chunk of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

Did you see the prices to upgrade your buildings in your garrison. One screenshot I saw showed 10,000g to upgrade one building one time. What is there, about 12 building slots, each upgradable 3 times PER CHARACTER. That is a decent chunk of change.

The screenshots showed the gold icon looked like it had a greenish colour to it so Garrison upgrades may very well use a new type of currency. Another grind.

The initial price of herbs and ore will have NOTHING to do with flying. Even the Xpac that gave us flying before max level had insane prices on mats at the start. It's simple economics, greed and impatience at work. After a few weeks the price normally settles somewhat, and I highly doubt a measurable effect of flying will be present - especially with connected realms making the worlds (and supply) bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    The initial price of herbs and ore will have NOTHING to do with flying. Even the Xpac that gave us flying before max level had insane prices on mats at the start. It's simple economics, greed and impatience at work. After a few weeks the price normally settles somewhat, and I highly doubt a measurable effect of flying will be present - especially with connected realms making the worlds (and supply) bigger.
    You argue against yourself here. Connected realms may combine the source of supply but also it will exponentially increase the demand too and drive markets in much the same way.

Flying will have a big impact during this period that currently Blizzard propose restricting flying 6.0.x > 6.1 becuase of two main reasons.

1. "Savage' Land - Blizzard have placed a lot of emphasis on the savage nature of WoD which implies that the gathering process itself will be impacted by this 'savage' environment. Slowing gathering (fighting mobs) and having to fight your way to nodes etc.

2. Gathering on a ground mount is not only slower because of the 1. (a big reason they state is the avoidance of fighting by being able to fly and avoid conflict) but inevitably because of slower travel seed and not being able to fly A > B as the crow flies. Therefore supply will be impacted by this decision and for a longer period than previously.

Yes prices are always insane at launch time because Demand always outstrips Supply. It will be exacerbated by this throttling of Supply and the input into the supply chain from the Garrisons will take time to kick in as others have noted.

I think people also forget that by not being able to fly even after hitting level 90, this will increase they time spent simply travelling to and fro from faction quest hubs, gathering other materials (cloth etc.), time just doing Dailies etc. All this time will itself reduce time otherwise spent gathering raw materials.

There is also another aspect which is that all resource nodes will by implication be located in places accessible by ground mount. Will Blizzard add other nodes post 6.1 to areas only accessible via flying mounts? Generally these where they exist (Kun-lai Summit for Snow Lily for example) are accessible without fighting NPCs' but those accessible by ground are often in proximity to NPCs'.

Most people feel the pain of highly inflated prices at launch but previously this usually falls off fairly quickly because people hit 90 and can fly to gather etc. or on their farming alts. This period however will be extended until 6.1 goes live some while after initial launch and other sources (Garrisons) mature. if Blizzard want to avoid frustrations running on over this period they need to consider how other sources or methods can be brought into play to help avoid this.

Deleted
    As already mentioned, the bots will still be "flying" around, and it'll be up to the GMs to be awake with the banhammers to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    The screenshots showed the gold icon looked like it had a greenish colour to it so Garrison upgrades may very well use a new type of currency. Another grind.
    Warlord coins? They did say they want players out in the world exploring. Daily/weekly/monthly respawning chests/items could be one way of gating the influx of coins, so players won't grind their way to a 3/3 maxed out Garrison within the first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly worried about the herb market, and the potential of seeing my possible trinket profits get wasted on buying overpriced herbs. There's only so much you can charge for a trinket before people feel it's too much, regardless of how much it cost to make.

That is, going off the assumption that we will be able to mass produce trinkets like we've been till now. <.< If Blizzard cuts into that market as well with a new tactic to make trinkets then we might be in for a terribly low profit first few weeks (unless you are a gatherer )

I imagine with connected realms populating servers more there will be plenty of supply to keep costs reasonable.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or doesn't mean a whole lot since we'll have our own personal mine. Also, those of us with alts could have several mines.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think flying is going to make much of a difference with respect to gathering. I did a LOT of gathering (by my standards anyway, several hours a day) without flying the first couple weeks of MoP. It worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You do realize that the mine in your garrison starts out at 2 ore/hour or one bar per hour ... PER HOUR

That is hardly a replacement for a farming profession.
    Where did you get these numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Where did you get these numbers?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD019.jpg

The screenshot above seems to show a level one mine with one miner in it. It looks like you can have two minions at level one. Four ore an hour, 96 ore per day with a level one mine. At level three guessing 288 ore per day maybe? Get 11 alts on one server and... not a bad passive turnover, even if you end up shuffle vending the stuff.

The biggest impact you might see are herbalists with the sky golem. This will give a huge advantage on the ground in that if you come in aggro radius you will be able to run out much faster than a person on the ground. You could even ( if you were a jerk) snipe herbs while people deal with mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD019.jpg

The screenshot above seems to show a level one mine with one miner in it. It looks like you can have two minions at level one. Four ore an hour, 96 ore per day with a level one mine. At level three guessing 288 ore per day maybe? Get 11 alts on one server and... not a bad passive turnover, even if you end up shuffle vending the stuff.
    Assuming those numbers are correct, I'll gladly take my 52.8 stacks of ore per day with level one mines with my 11 characters.

Yes, gathering speed is going to be slower. We however don't know how plentiful nodes are, how costly items are to craft, and what the demand is going to be. With the new primary/secondary/tertiary stat systems, the demand for gems might go down (depending on how often gem slots end up rolling). Enchants are being tweaked too. Remember that the game isn't even in beta yet, everything is up for change, so it won't do much good to get riled up about it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiurus View Post
    Yes, gathering speed is going to be slower. We however don't know how plentiful nodes are, how costly items are to craft, and what the demand is going to be. With the new primary/secondary/tertiary stat systems, the demand for gems might go down (depending on how often gem slots end up rolling). Enchants are being tweaked too. Remember that the game isn't even in beta yet, everything is up for change, so it won't do much good to get riled up about it now.
    Agree 100% you have to be able to see the whole picture which is why this thread is retarded and shows a lak of understanding in everything that might influence supply and demand. The biggest one being node rate as proven in Cata and Panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    ... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly...
    You haven't seen what some bots can do, have you?
    They just fly through the ground/air at 5000% speed and only come up/down when there's an herb node to loot, then promptly rush off at said speed again to herb everything in the zone before anyone can get to them.