Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    Tell that the level 85 bots in jade forest that fly through the air without flying skill - I don't think it will change much for the bots, except if they are heavily guarded.
    /thread, bots don't need to follow game rules they can just exploit their way around to the herbs via flying underground or flying without even having the skill.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    besides bots it will in my eyes also increasing ganking on pvp servers due to bottle necks between zones, for example getting into vale would mean coming from kun-lai gate between the 2. flying reduces ganking in my eyes. so this will be fun imo.

EG: Going through dark portal on low alts to level, bottle necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    /thread, bots don't need to follow game rules they can just exploit their way around to the herbs via flying underground or flying without even having the skill.
    Then it will make it pretty easy to spot them for you and everyone else to report them and their exploits, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    You haven't seen what some bots can do, have you?
    They just fly through the ground/air at 5000% speed and only come up/down when there's an herb node to loot, then promptly rush off at said speed again to herb everything in the zone before anyone can get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Someone knows nothing about what a bot is. A bot is just automation, thats it, a hack would be what makes someone go 5000% speed or go underground but at the moment almost every program that is capable of that is detectable, unlike a few bots, which are not detectable, as far as we know.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-04 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    85 stacks of ghost iron ore litteraly takes 2 hours to farm. Have you even been out in the world lately? Ore spawns are everywhere. I pick up at least that much just flying around farming warscouts and warbringers. Then there are the few stacks you can get from killing those along with the bag of goodies you can get while killing rare spawns while looking for warscouts and warbringers. It really isn't that hard to get 85 stacks in a relatively short period of time.
    Now do it all on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    The biggest impact you might see are herbalists with the sky golem. This will give a huge advantage on the ground in that if you come in aggro radius you will be able to run out much faster than a person on the ground. You could even ( if you were a jerk) snipe herbs while people deal with mobs.
    It's not as big an advantage as you think, as you can still be interrupted by damage. Therefore if there's a mob near a node you'll have to run it out of the way in order to grab the node, which still gives others a chance to ninja it. (and I expect there to be plenty of that, especially if there aren't many nodes...which I also expect to be the case)

That's assuming they still allow the robot to be used on the ground ofc. (and part of me says they won't...after all it would slow us down and druids can't use flight form on the ground)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    Then it will make it pretty easy to spot them for you and everyone else to report them and their exploits, won't it?
    They are easy to spot in MOP, didn't stop them.

No flying until 6.1 means....

Absolutely nothing. Shut the fuck up.

Post more constructively next time, please
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-12-28 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    That was not the case in vanilla, and won't be the case in WoD
    Vanilla was full of hardcore bots that used major exploits like moving below the surface, teleporting and flying in instances. It was so bad that they added the 5 instances/hour limit to prevent the bots from constant farming Dire Maul. Get your facts straight.

And don't forget: In WoD you have your Garrison where you can plant and harvest all kinds of materials.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It'll be interesting to see if they randomly hotfix down the spawn rates like they did with MoP (50%). Bar prices used to be 3-4g, then after the hotfix and throughout the rest of the expansion it's usually hanging around 6-8

awsome stuff good to hear

Don't forget that there won't be any achievements for being the first on the realm reaching max skill in a profession, so this might lower the super early crazy prices a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    ... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly, with terrain to manage, mobs to kill or be killed by, etc., plus players themselves not able to do it as quickly, either.

which trickles down to all the crafting markets like blacksmithing, inscription, alchemy, jewelcrafting... less raw mats on the AH and the ones that are will cost more.
    There is almost no basis to speculate on how market prices will be for an expansion that isn't even in beta. We don't know anything about the new professions. In any case, even if you're right, because we're talking about MARKETS for every person that has to pay more for some material, someone else is making more gold. Markets during new expansions also behave unpredictably because of the huge influx of players who are all mining the same new ores and picking the same new herbs. That could actually result in very cheap materials.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO just like MoP, prices will be high for awhile but drop so much after people start farming them.

I plan on buying almost everything I see being put up on AH, just because I want to max everything asap, to make it back quicker.

The markets will be high at the beginning, just like every expansion. It'll normalize pretty quickly though. No flying is pretty awful though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Ore/herb Prices will skyrocket IMO. No flying=more time farming=increase in prices because ppl won't want to sell for cheap having farmed for hours and hours for 50 stacks.
    I farmed all the herbs and ore needed to level every profession from 525-600 during the first week of MoP. All on ground mounts. It was not a problem.

The other thing that people seem to be missing is that with some fairly simple and as far as I know still widespread client hacks, bots can move arbitrarily through the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I farmed all the herbs and ore needed to level every profession from 525-600 during the first week of MoP. All on ground mounts. It was not a problem.

The other thing that people seem to be missing is that with some fairly simple and as far as I know still widespread client hacks, bots can move arbitrarily through the terrain.
    While you're not alone, there are many, I'd wager, that would not grind the mats necessary to level all of their professions, or all of their characters' professions. And the existence of bots here or there does nothing to change the fact that the other legitimate players won't be able to farm as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You do realize that the mine in your garrison starts out at 2 ore/hour or one bar per hour ... PER HOUR
    You realize this is a much better rate of return than the Tillers farm? On the Tiller farm you'd be lucky to make a full stack of Ghost Iron Bars. Getting 24 bars a day is pretty darn good for doing practically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You realize this is a much better rate of return than the Tillers farm? On the Tiller farm you'd be lucky to make a full stack of Ghost Iron Bars. Getting 24 bars a day is pretty darn good for doing practically nothing.
    times this by 11 ... I'm gonna be quite happy with a garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Eh, at least you get Trillium as well from the Farm whereas I dunno how the Garrison will work with regards to multiple types of ore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying until 6.1 means Blizzard loses that many months' worth of subscription fees from me. On top of however long the slack bastards take to get WoD out the door. Could be up to 12 months from now that we can take to Draenor's skies.

I'm OK with that. That's $180 in my pocket, not Blizzard's.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.