Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Making that dolla

10+ Year Old Account
    cool. thanks for telling us.

Edit: No flying is an enticing offer for me, and I think I might resubscribe in part because of it.

No it won't affect it at all really.

A lot of the bots hack the game to an extent that the physical barriers we as a players have do not exist for them. For instance no clip, speed hacks, offline hacks... the list goes on.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be waiting if they don't have realm firsts. If I don't get to defend my title no point in rushing to play a half-finished expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people are playing WoW to fly around the game. You aren't playing if all you do is fly. If you are however killing, crafting, doing dungeons, PvP and whatnot you aren't even using your flying mounts so why would it matter if they aren't available directly?

My rogue will be flying around Draenor long before 6.1 hits, thanks to the Survivor's Bag of Coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't get why people are playing WoW to fly around the game. You aren't playing if all you do is fly. If you are however killing, crafting, doing dungeons, PvP and whatnot you aren't even using your flying mounts so why would it matter if they aren't available directly?
    It's a quality of life issue. You don't play to fly, but you don't play to waste your time using a much slower method of travel, either. And, if and only if the game were limited to doing dungeons, and pvp then flying would be a non issue. Flying for crafting essentially speeds up collecting mats, which otherwise take many, many times as long. ESPECIALLY if you have to run through 10s of mobs for every single node.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gated progression = no flying for an entire patch?

Just seems, like, they are trying to make people play for longer... Garrrisons not being optional to boot.

Time sinks, to generate more money?

No way...

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    My rogue will be flying around Draenor long before 6.1 hits, thanks to the Survivor's Bag of Coins.

[snip]
    I totally forgot I have this on my rogue, we'll own the skies for the first part of the expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I totally forgot I have this on my rogue, we'll own the skies for the first part of the expansion!
    Can't be used on Timeless Isle or in Arenas or BG's where there's no flying... only logical to assume there's a chance it can't be used in the world in WoD until they enable flying

Deleted
    Granted that bots can now travel underground and mine / herb without pulling aggro... I see nothing changing.

Deleted
    I got no time to fly, Ill be like city hugging and looking at queue timers anyways as ive been doing since i hit max lvl each expansion anyways.

I dinged 90 in Pandarie, bought skill but I still use ground mounts, because the world is so beautiful that I don't wan't to skip it.

It's going to be hilarious when all of you who aren't subscribing until 6.1 come back only to find out that you have to spend several weeks on a mini-legendary quest-line to get flying when everyone else can fly on patch day. I will be endlessly amused.
    Last edited by emni; 2014-01-31 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It's going to be hilarious when all of you who aren't subscribing until 6.1 come back only to find out that you have to spend several weeks on a mini-legendary quest-line to get iflying when everyone else can fly on patch day. I will be endlessly amused.
    Probably.

But for me no flying until 6.1 means that the Anzu mount from the Deluxe edition will be a huge let down. You'll get a flying mount that can't fly.

Deleted
    No flying till 6.1 means...
    ... Nothing really. Content can suck hard or be a fantastic experience wether it allows for flyin or not. Examples, zul drak, howling fjords. Great zones built for non flying mounts. Or icecrown, storm peaks, great zones built for flying mounts.

So yeh. Hopefully the content will be quality stuff...
    Valley of four winds, uldum... They suck both on ground and on flying mount.

Considering how rarely I actually leave town other than going to raid instances, I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference. It'll be exactly like going to ToT: flight path most of the way, then ride for a minute.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It's going to be hilarious when all of you who aren't subscribing until 6.1 come back only to find out that you have to spend several weeks on a mini-legendary quest-line to get flying when everyone else can fly on patch day. I will be endlessly amused.
    Means more subscriptions will most likely be permanently removed. Personally I still believe even if people are too blind to realize it now (just like they were prior to the Heroics fiasco, prior to the dailies fiasco), the sub losses will hit so hard months before 6.1 that I'll be surprised if the patch doesn't have to be rushed... again.