Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Will we ever see MM become more like a ranged Rogue?

With the addition of the Lonewolf talent, I've been thinking. Camo kind of sucks, especially compared to Stealth. Do you think Blizzard will continue to morph MM in to more of a silent hunter with better mobility/invisibility? For PvE, I love bringing out my pets and going hard on bosses. In PvP however, it would be much more fun to ambush people the way I do on my rogue. Obviously the MM hunter wouldn't have the same survivability/stuns/regen that a rogue does, but a more stealthy playstyle would be really fun for PvP and gettin in to character. I don't RP, but I do imagine things sometimes while I'm playing and have some mentally assigned personalities for my toons. You could call me a closet RPer I guess. /shrug

no, the way we play will stay the same, hopefully MM is overhauled a bit but I seriously doubt much is going to change in terms of abilities or play style.

As much as I'd love this (think the movie Predator) it won't ever happen. Ghostcrawler's answer to the hunter community upon asking for anything is "well you have range." Guess he doesn't know about every class has a range closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already started playing that way on Timeless Isle since my hunter is on a PVP server. Ganking abounds there and the only way to survive the roving bands of people is to play super smart. My pets are used for deception, buffs, and utility when I'm there, not damage. Glyphed Camo is heavily abused and I simply don't see how anyone plays with it unglyphed unless you spend all your time in cities and raid zones. I would be pleased just to have the stupid 1 min timer and CD on Camo taken off. Its more of just a hassle than any real penalty. Once its glyphed you can move about and treat it like stealth, you just have to watch your timer. Simply quality of life fix and I'd be pleased. Though I wouldn't object to a reduction in the movement speed penalty, its seriously harsh.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Are you talking about melee hunters? (I'll assume yes, because otherwise I can't quite tell what you're asking about.) We had those in beta and early vanilla, in a terribly gimped state. Look up Lacerate sometime.

I think how terribly that turned out is enough to ensure the concept will never be revisited. It would be really nice if we could see Marks and Survival differentiated further though. Seems like the two things the community really wanted were petless specs and better distinction between those two specs. When they gave us Lone Wolf, they succeeded at the first one and pushed the second one back even farther.

Deleted
    marksman already has stuns/regen/suravability. you already can open in stealth on oponent. MM is viable in pvp, problem is it's clutchy in pve and doesnt realy feels different in terms of gameplay from survival in pve. lone wolf will never be viable in pvp because you lose alot of your utility, you will be eaten alive by any class

The option to finally be an 'Archer' is what appeals to me. Hopefully they implement this well so Hunters do not feel too much pressure to use their pets.

Deleted
    Lone wolf shouldnt and hopefully will be not be optimal talent for sv/mm. you must be awarded for bringing your pet, also in terms of damage. I hope it will be talent to pick up on fights with pathing issues like immersus. best whould be have such glyph nad make lvl 100 talents more apealing and utility based unlikethey are now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The option to finally be an 'Archer' is what appeals to me. Hopefully they implement this well so Hunters do not feel too much pressure to use their pets.
    Fine line. You don't want to make hunters feel they should give up their pets either. Blizzard just gave themselves a challenge on this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    Lone wolf shouldnt and hopefully will be not be optimal talent for sv/mm. you must be awarded for bringing your pet, also in terms of damage. I hope it will be talent to pick up on fights with pathing issues like immersus. best whould be have such glyph nad make lvl 100 talents more apealing and utility based unlikethey are now.
    The sniper one should be the highest dps talent, it doesn't need to have massive advantage but it's the only one that changes play style (pve) while the others are just passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Fine line. You don't want to make hunters feel they should give up their pets either. Blizzard just gave themselves a challenge on this one.
    yeah slippery slope if the get it wrong