Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will the updated Troll models look like the Zandalari or more like Vol'jin

Personally, I like the Zandalari model more, but something tells me we won't get to use them, because their animations are too different from the original troll models.

http://i.imgur.com/TeOsn.jpg

Vol'jin on the other hand is basically the old troll model, but with more textures making his skin a more likely candidate.

So what do you think?

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Vol'jin, not even a contest. They won't make the Zandalari model the player model because it's nothing like the old player models. They want cohesion.

I wouldn't mind being able to turn my warlock into a Zandalari troll. However, I don't think that will happen, as the Zandalari are a unique troll race in their physical features, and all other trolls are hunched over. I don't see the Zandalari joining the Horde anytime soon.

High Priestess Mar'li and Frost King Malakk are probably pretty close to what the new models will look like. They are basically shinier versions of the physiques that already exist.

I really dislike trolls, but if they changed their models to the Zandalari? Heck yeah I'd roll one. They are scary looking!

I feel like we could be, as the horde, so much better without the hunch. I wish we were given at least the choice. Ah well.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    the Zandalari are a unique troll race in their physical features.
    This.
    Zandalari are the most "evolved" of all the other troll races. The Darkspear tribe consists of jungle trolls, who are all tall, skinny, hunched over and with long limbs. All this features will remain in the new model.

As for the Zandalari troll appearance... i personally don't mind if there was a number of glyphs which alter the troll player's model to a Zandalari troll, sand troll and forest troll models, but i don't really see it happening.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2013-11-18 at 06:54 AM.

Personally, I find Vol'jin to be horrifying looking. I'd rather have male trolls look like Sul the Sandcrawler. Between he and Mar'li, I was heartily impressed.

You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

They have said that they don't want to change the models too much from their original form. So Vol'jin probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will look like higher definition versions of the current trolls.

Deleted
    Hope they look like Vol'Jin, with less ears. The guy would put a night elf to shame with those lobes.

Especially the scene when you have him and King Wrynn face to face is so great. You can see exactly how massive a troll would be if he didn't have the hunch.

The zandalari are more evolved. In fact, the models for them seem to suggest that they are an evolutionary bridge between trolls and night elves. Honestly, I think the reason they given unique models was to set them apart as bad guys from darkspear trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This.
    Zandalari are the most "evolved" of all the other troll races. The Darkspear tribe consists of jungle trolls, who are all tall, skinny, hunched over and with long limbs. All this features will remain in the new model.

As for the Zandalari troll appearance... i personally don't mind if there was a number of glyphs which alter the troll player's model to a Zandalari troll, sand troll and forest troll models, but i don't really see it happening.
    The most evolved Trolls are the High Elves and Blood Elves who changed their appearances with Arcane Magics

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Personally, I find Vol'jin to be horrifying looking. I'd rather have male trolls look like Sul the Sandcrawler. Between he and Mar'li, I was heartily impressed.
    Um, I don't think Sul was given a new model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    The most evolved Trolls are the High Elves and Blood Elves who changed their appearances with Arcane Magics
    Some would consider the High Elves as a de-evolution due to the effects of arcane magics from the Night Elves who were an evolution from Dark Trolls caused from the Well of Eternity

Deleted
    I think its based on these 2 models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This.

Forgive me if I am rusty on lore, but aren't the Zandalari the OLDEST trolls that all others evolved from?

Wowwiki:
    "The Zandalar tribe is the progenitor tribe from which all other troll tribes sprang."

I think its based on these 2 models.
    If the female troll model looks like that in WoD, i would definitely make one

im pretty sure the zandalari trolls use night elf models just reskinned. i really doubt theyd use that.

also just fyi, theyre taking the current models and upgrading them based off that, theyre not gunna bring in a completely different model, the models will all generally look the same just more textured and better animated.
    Last edited by hareu; 2013-11-18 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Without a doubt the Vol'jin model + skinnier Priestess from council ToT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    im pretty sure the zandalari trolls use night elf models just reskinned. i really doubt theyd use that.
    Blood Elf*