Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll probably just remove the item you normally get in the mail every year, stating that it ruins immersion. And then they'll mail it to you 2 months later after you have completed a series of trivial quests, and then be all, "WOW! Look at this cool thing you earned this year! Aren't you excited! Enjoy it!"
    Look! Words!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I think they'll probably just remove the item you normally get in the mail every year, stating that it ruins immersion. And then they'll mail it to you 2 months later after you have completed a series of trivial quests, and then be all, "WOW! Look at this cool thing you earned this year! Aren't you excited! Enjoy it!"
    You should really get some ointment for that rash on your butt. It looks like it hurts.
    Butts.

Deleted
    A letter saying F U

Seriously though I expect nothing, the three pets previously was obviously that great gift you buy your partner during the honeymoon period, after that a card and voucher to M&S is enough

10+ Year Old Account
    nah it be like thx for feeding the cash cow while we give ya less content and stuff to do hell. we haven't done any live realm event beside pre expansion set in yearssssssss remember the Olympic event we did during the 2006 and we never did another 1 after that or the Karazhan special boss for a limit of time with a special feature of strength & special pet. We do want to say we spend time making new items for the Players to Buy in our cash shop.
    and coming soon you could buy all the mount,pets, and transmog right in the game.

im sorry for the rant but this game just isn't worth thinking of free or cool event outside the expansion and the small content of patches they deliver now a day.
    specially for being a p2p game.

Well this just in! They didn't goof, but it seems oddly cookie cutter-ish. Prob the default template from here on out.

Here's to the year that's past, and another for the year to come.

Subject: WoW's 9th Anniversary!

Wow, yet another year has gone by for WoW!

We wanted to thank you for continuing to play World of Warcraft with us, so here's a little Celebration Package to go with your adventures!

The WoW Dev Team
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

My /played has over 400 days played now, I've lost an entire year of my life to this game... but I'm not addicted. I can quit any time I want!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

A token for one 540 ilvl tier item?

Deleted
    quite disappointing this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoba View Post
    quite disappointing this year
    i honestly didn't expected anything better. some player may not think its a big deal but a good % it is and when they get something small and crappy has a thank you they feel betray leaving them with more reason to quit or just play less

Deleted
    They could add some fireworks at least. A 9% xp/rep buff... meh

A reusable 9% rep buff available for two weeks will be very helpful in getting done the few lingering rep grinds I have left.

I wasn't expecting anything other than the rep boost, so I wasn't dissapointed! Especially with it being a 9th Anniversary and not a milestone one. I would think they will do something special for the 10th. Anniversaries are usually only made a big thing of every 10 years or so, so I think we're doing well seeing as we got something for the 5th and I think the 4th? (my memory fails).

Extra xp and rep is nice for alts and rep for my main for timeless isle to get that last bit to exalted (god I slacked on that rep ..>)

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    What a bad attempt at satire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Very underwhelming anniversary