Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I just find female models more visually pleasing.
    I am a straight male after all.

It's also partly due to the Fallout series.
    Ever since I played Fallout I've made everything a female, since in Fallout you got access to a special perk if you chose a female (more interaction options with male NPC's).
    It made some quests more fun and since then I've been making female chars wherever possible.

My main is a male undead tho.
    You do know the same was true for being male with more NPC chat options with females?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    im playing for the attack animations/transmog. i have both male and female character.. dont see anything weird about it tbh.
    Last edited by mmoca620084874; 2014-01-02 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough, if I play Horde, it's usually male, but Alliance is basically all female.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    There was a female guildie back in the day who decided she wanted to game in peace without people harassing her. She rolled this:

She was never bothered again.
    What? Those versions of the female blood elves are even better, they have so much more junk in their trunk and are no where near as bitchy. I am sure she was harrassed by guys all day err day

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How come you never see posts by people complaining about this?
    The point of making these threads is to get a huge page count, not to promote discussion or to address some grievance. I'm not sure how the OP would frame a comment on women playing male toons that would garner this much response. Maybe something like "girls need to stop playing male characters to trick raid guilds into recruiting them." or something of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Maybe something like "girls need to stop playing male characters to trick raid guilds into recruiting them." or something of that nature.
    "Please, my Belf guy and I makes this guild look GOOD, just admit it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    What? Those versions of the female blood elves...
    >.> Only ones that look good with it off. Pixel Adonis there. (Though I will never be a fan of the "woolies." Blizz! More options, stat!")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I have a dirty little secret.
    I used to play Draenai characters but I'm really Human. It was my little fetish at the time.
    Did the same. Felt terrible about it later! D:

I play a female cause I can do whatever the fuck I want. #murica
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that annoys me is people who play female characters and have a superiority complex because of it. Apparently sexism is ok if you are or play a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    OP: No thanks. I play female characters mostly in mmos because I find their character art/gear art looks cooler. I mostly play mage-type classes and, to me, male characters in robes look like they're wearing PJs or cross-dressing, whereas the robe-style graphics normally fit with a woman in my mind.
    It depends, some robes look very good on male characters, e.g. the Corruptor's Raiment or t12 for mages. I don't think most of the robes in the game look much like dresses. Robes predate dresses by a long way, anyway, and I am playing a fantasy game, not Earth-as-it-is-today 2.0.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I have a dirty little secret.

I used to play Draenai characters but I'm really Human. It was my little fetish at the time.
    oh you little sinner you

if youre a male orc irl you play a male orc everywhere!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hear this story. What happened to you OP?

I’ve been playing online games back before they had graphics, MUDS and MUSHes, and I have to say that back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s the majority of the people using the internet tended to be men and the majority of characters in online games were females. When AOL was a popular thing to do the majority of people became interested in the internet because they had heard there was chat sex and free naked pictures online. Very few people will ever admit to getting on the internet because there was a virtual dictionary there. So what you had in Mush’s were a bunch of men looking to live out their text based sexual fantasies and girl on girl action. Since the majority of users were men and the majority of characters were female then you had lots of rl men having ‘Tiny sex’ or ‘TS’ with other men.

I mostly play male characters but shuold I choose to play a paladin on horde side I would choose a female blood elf because I don’t want to be a native american cow man and I don’t dig the male blood elves.

Just because I like the looks of a female blood elf over a male blood elf does not mean you can come stick your virtual penis in it nor should I have to be accepting of this behavior. ‘Fuck off I’m a guy.” will have to be macroed to deal with virtual perverts.

OP comes here upset that he tried to stick his virtual penis in something that was not really a man and demands the whole world change so he can continue to pursue virtual vagina without feeling creeped out. To be honest even real life ladies don’t like dudes constantly coming up to them and waving their virtual penises around, I’ve seen a few potential guildies kicked from our raiding group because they kept trying to hook up with the guild leader just because they heard her female voice on vent. Ladies are not looking for a real or virtual hookup, they just want to enjoy playing a video game.

I just want to enjoy playing a video game and I want to enjoy playing any damn sex I feel like without having to worry about mentally stunted perverts pursueing a virtual hard on. Its about as creepy to sane people as child molestors are.

How do you know its a girl in real life? How do you know its not a 12 year old child you are trying to virtual sex? How do you know if its not carl the janitor down the hallway? You don’t, if you can’t control your own perversions then how can you expect the rest of us to behave the way you want us to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    if youre a male orc irl you play a male orc everywhere!
    Of course. Wouldn't it be extremely annoying for other orcs if they want to date you and have to learn that you aren't even an orc IRL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Of course. Wouldn't it be extremely annoying for other orcs if they want to date you and have to learn that you aren't even an orc IRL?
    O: the deception!.....your toon is a male troll....youre a female human. What the hell man, not cool
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I never play female characters, only because I want to live in the moment of RP and being female well......that is for the birds! However I seen it quite too often that a male plays a female character and they get special attention from others just because their character is female. Damn Horny nerds.

But seriously if someone hits on a character in-game then there is other issues at hand.

Deleted
    I've been reading this kind of topics over and over and everyone seems to have their own reasons to play the gender of their choice.

First of all, if everyone should only play their own gender, the games would become pretty boring as 90% of all gamers is male (rough guess)
    Second, I've noticed that in every mmo, playing a female has advantages, because people are usually more willing to help/assist a female character, even when they know that the player is actually a guy.

Then you have the well known argument that people prefer to look at a female toon when playing, which is also the case for myself but not the main reason.

The main reason for many people is that they usually choose an avatar then doesn't have the shortcomings that someone would have in real life.
    For example: I think I'm too short irl, therefore, I always choose the tallest races possible.
    When I play a character, it's always either a female or a very feminine looking guy. Some MMO's have the possiblity for that, but in WoW the males always look bulky and very masculine, so female is the only option for me. Why you would ask? I'm okay with being male but I dislike certain masculine features of myself.

Sure, some weird guys think I'm girl irl, but I always tell them the truth when they ask for it, and they usually leave me alone.
    Although there are some exceptions where the person doesn't really seem to care about the gender of the player behind the avatar.(neither do I)

To summarize this, people have many reasons to choose a certain type of character, (I never choose small, ugly or furry races for example), but many of them try to be what they can't be in real life, handsome, rich, a strong warrior or...... a female.