Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Over Half Of Mists Is Siege of Orgrimmar(5.4).

Unless the next expansion is released before sept. 25th over half of MoP would have been Siege of Orgrimmar. This is 2-4 months more than cata and more than ICC. It's frankly ridiculous in a hilarious sort of way at this point.

The devs did a piss poor job of handling patch spacing this time around imo. I hope this never happens again...

Mod-note: Locked the thread. I know we all wish to share our opinions but there is already various threads touching this subject, we don't really need more.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-17 at 12:44 PM.

Well people just rushed mgv hof and toes so they had to release more quick
    Bitch Pls

Deleted
    I agree.

Would have loved 1-2 more months of tier 14, as we were missing 2 bosses in heart of fear, 1 in toes and 1 in MSW (emperors were pretty much dead).
    In TOT we had Lei Shen at 5% and it would have died in another week, and after that we still needed the extra boss, so 1-2 more months there wouldn't have been a problem for me.

We are by no measure world beaters but we did mange top 500 heroic 25 in SoO, and we spend like 2-3 months getting paragons and garrosh down. Still, quite a few guilds are progressing in SoO Heroic at this point, so they probably would have liked some more time too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already plenty of threads about this. Didn't need another.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No need for another thread.
    Wish ToT was longer though. And HoF/ToES (event though I don't like them that much) too.
    Quoting my Hearthstone char.. Mistakes were made..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post

I dunno, I'd bet Sha of Pride Heroic was one of the least killed bosses before the next patch was released. Blizzard really threw content at us fast... until SoO.

Blame the poor project management that leads the WoW dev team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Already plenty of threads about this. Didn't need another.
    I disagree completely. The OP is coming into this topic from a totally new and unique angle, his argument would not have fit in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    *shrug* We only had time to kill Sha on the last lockout of 5.1 (normal mode) Empress held us up for a few weeks. They could have given 3 or 4 more months over 5.0 and 5.1 and I don't think many would have complained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I dunno, I'd bet Sha of Pride Heroic was one of the least killed bosses before the next patch was released. Blizzard really threw content at us fast... until SoO.
    Assuming you mean Sha of Fear, it indeed seems so. According to GuildOx, the percentages for Cutting Edge feats are currently : Will of the Emperor 3%, Garrosh Hellscream 2,47%, Lei Shen 1,72%, Ra-Den 1,59%, Grand Empress Shek'zeer 1,13% and Sha of Fear 0,57%. I expect Garrosh to climb above WotE by quite a bit before 6.0 rolls out.

Interesting to see that there are less CE: SoF than Invincibles, Mimiron's Heads or Champions of Ulduar.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-07-17 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Blame the poor project management that leads the WoW dev team.
    Or, something went wrong internally that he had no control over.

Who was this, anyway? Chilton?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    It's probably due to Diablo expansion and Hearthstone releases. They probably don't want WoD to compete with sales.

I just like how they say they want to release content/expansions faster, but have yet to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post

Interesting to see that there are less CE: SoF than Invincibles, Mimiron's Heads or Champions of Ulduar.
    You mean there are less than the drop rate? Because it's hardly surprising more people have the invincible mount than the SoF FoS considering it was available for the whole of the end of WoTLK (much like SoO now). compared to the few months SoF FoS was available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Unless the next expansion is released before sept. 25th over half of MoP would have been Siege of Orgrimmar. This is 2-4 months more than cata and more than ICC. It's frankly ridiculous in a hilarious sort of way at this point.

The devs did a piss poor job of handling patch spacing this time around imo. I hope this never happens again...
    MSV / HOF / ToES ended way too soon, and Throne of Thunder could've lasted a little longer, but this always happens so no idea why people get pissed about it.

They could do more, but developing an expansion isn't an exact science, it's an art. Things change, development takes longer then expected and things kept scrapped in replacement of better and newer content.

10+ Year Old Account
    They know their timing was bad. I tweeted dev about it and he said in hindsight yes it could have been better. I hope during wod they extend them. 5.1 could have waited atleast another month or two, stuff was too new and toes LITERALLY just opened up. 5.1 lore-wise made sense at that point but still coulda used a month or two extra. t14 in general could have lasted fine another 1-2 months before tot in all honesty. And tot could have lasted 2 more months too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    MSV / HOF / ToES ended way too soon, and Throne of Thunder could've lasted a little longer, but this always happens so no idea why people get pissed about it.

They could do more, but developing an expansion isn't an exact science, it's an art. Things change, development takes longer then expected and things kept scrapped in replacement of better and newer content.
    The fact that it always happens is no reason to be less annoyed that it happens; in fact, it's a reason to be MORE annoyed, since mistakes that they haven't made before are more forgivable.

They even expressly discussed the fact that they don't like the current update cycle and were endeavoring to do better - only to release the worst-paced expansion to date in the wake of those comments. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    I just like how they say they want to release content/expansions faster, but have yet to do that.
    Well, they did release content (T14 and T15) fairly quickly. End of the expansion though is their biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post

Honestly? Who the heck cares. It's not "ridiculous" or "hilarious". It only is because you choose to harp on about it. Half of Mists is SoO, what is that supposed to mean. It's only like that if you choose to look at it that way. Everyone else knows that Mists is practically over and through, and has been for months. What we're having now is not "MoP", it's "transition/limbo period" between the "end" of one expansion and the release of the next one.

Who cares. You act as if you were entitled to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone else imagine a board room at blizzard filled with stereotypical rich 'fat-cats' lighting cigars with 100$ bills while some nervous geeky dev guy explains the content release schedule and says '...but..if we release at that rate there will be over a year gap between SoO and WoD..' then the board room guys shoot the dev square in the face with the gun hitler used to kill himself and feed his remains to an endangered white tiger (or hitting a button dropping the dev into a Rankor pit) while laughing manically?