Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Leveling is sadly one of the most braindead activities this game offers (which is a shame too, considering what a big chunk of the content it is).

The OP at 90:

I want to get the OS drake. Can I get this from SoO lfr, or do I have to fly ALL the way over to stupid northrend?
    Are you kidding me right now? I don't want to go to Kalmidor (I already stated this 100 times) is because I've beaten easily 90% of quests through the chain that I went through. I beat 580 quests and I'm still 57. Wouldn't you be pissed off with a satistic like that? Why should I have to go all the way to Kalmidor and waste time going to a zone I shouldn't even have to go to.

The game is designed quest wise that as long as you follow the Zone route for your race, you should make it to 58. This didn't happen, and that's why I'm pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The game is designed quest wise that as long as you follow the Zone route for your race, you should make it to 58. This didn't happen, and that's why I'm pissed.
    Then you missed something somewhere or you chose not to use BoA.
    All quests in the entirety of EK that a toon of your level can complete?
    I don't buy it. You skipped something somewhere and are probably mad
    now b/c you can't go back to whichever low zone you skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I want to get the OS drake. Can I get this from SoO lfr, or do I have to fly ALL the way over to stupid northrend?
    I'm having the same problem. I want to get the Camel mount, but I will not travel to Kalimdor for it. There has to be another Camel mount on Eastern Kingdoms, right? Surely they wouldn't force me to go to that continent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I don't care how slow your tank is; it's faster than grinding mobs solo. Even if you end up tanking yourself it's faster. You've had horrible luck with dungeons, apparently. The only problems I've encountered are go-go-go DPS who berate tanks who are understandably inexperienced and go-go-go tanks who constantly spam their speed boosts to grab aggro and kill everything while most of us are still looting at the previous set of mobs. It's not so bad until they start complaining about the lack of heals when they die. Aside from that I generally meet nice people in pugs. I've made many friends in the game by two-manning the remainder of instances after others prematurely bail. My advice to you is to queue for a dungeon and grind mobs until the queue pops. If you level before that happens then you can always leave queue. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you'll level from a single half hour instance.
    I have the same usual groups as you except there's always that chance that it will happen where I get a group that just either doesn't have a tank or I have to tank it because I'm playing a melee class. Even during a chain of good runs, I get so bored of just attacking mobs and following some bears ass the entire time, that I lose focus and don't even want to play the game. My undead Rogue who is 87 now, mostly leveled through dungeons and the worst grind was easily 50-58 and 68-80. It was just non stop running the same dungeons over and over again. It isn't efficient, its freaking tedious and it is slower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I want to get the Camel mount, but I will not travel to Kalimdor for it. There has to be another Camel mount on Eastern Kingdoms, right? Surely they wouldn't force me to go to that continent?
    Yeah I'm sure you stupid fucks are having a blast making these snide jokes that don't even relate to my thread at all. The sad part is that you actually think you're funny when you're not.

Mod Edit: No need for the insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-11-15 at 07:29 PM.

My undead Rogue who is 87 now, mostly leveled through dungeons and the worst grind was easily 50-58 and 68-80. It was just non stop running the same dungeons over and over again. It isn't efficient, its freaking tedious and it is slower.
    And that's why I didn't say to do them all the time. Just one every five levels or so. The first time you do a dungeon you pick up those quests and they alone will boost you 50%-100% of the way to your next level. You don't get more efficient than that. After your first dungeon of the day your XP reward for queueing is cut in half, plus you are likely to wind back up in a dungeon that you're already done the quests for. For that reason I agree that doing dungeons non-stop is inefficient. However, doing a dungeon a day or a dungeon every five levels is super efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    And that's why I didn't say to do them all the time. Just one every five levels or so. The first time you do a dungeon you pick up those quests and they alone will boost you 50%-100% of the way to your next level. You don't get more efficient than that. After your first dungeon of the day your XP reward for queueing is cut in half, plus you are likely to wind back up in a dungeon that you're already done the quests for. For that reason I agree that doing dungeons non-stop is inefficient. However, doing a dungeon a day or a dungeon every five levels is super efficient.
    Did you see what that guy in the youtube video did? Took him 55 hours to get to 90 by just questing. You can't do that with a mix of dungeons and questing because ultimately at the end of the day, dungeons will slow you down even with the bonuses and quests inside them. Dungeons are fast early on, but after level 30, it gets real slow to constantly go back and forth between questing and dungeons.

It's much better and easier to just mindlessly quest from one zone to the next. I'm not saying your method is horrible, I'm just saying mine is better.

And I don't mean that in a dick way. If you think your way is better, then so be it. But the question I asked in this thread was either quest in kalmidor or grind mobs in tainted forest. I picked the ladder and I'm doing this right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you even manage to do that? Honestly, you can get to 58 and have quests left over.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Dungeons are fast early on, but after level 30, it gets real slow to constantly go back and forth between questing and dungeons.
    I explicitly said, and I'll repeat, "one every five levels or so." That's not constantly, and it's not slow. What is so mind-bogglingly complicated about questing that you can't queue for a dungeon, quest, teleport to the dungeon, finish the dungeon, teleport out of the dungeon, and resume questing? What flow is it breaking up? The game even has a built in quest tracker now so if, in the half hour it took you to complete the dungeon, you forgot that you're supposed to be killing 12 bears and collecting 5 bear asses you can hit your 'l' key and read the text again. I don't get why you're so insistent that Blizzard failed to remove the questing grind when you're going so far out of your way to bring it back. I honestly think that on average levelling via questing is far too fast and fails to engage players.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    13 pages over someone needing a single level. Somewhere something in this thread went horribly awry. lmao
    Look! Words!

It's much better and easier to just mindlessly quest from one zone to the next. I'm not saying your method is horrible, I'm just saying mine is better.
    So much better that you've been subjected to 17 pages (and counting) over one level that should take, oh, an hour to pass?

But the question I asked in this thread was either quest in kalmidor or grind mobs in tainted forest. I picked the ladder and I'm doing this right now.
    I thought in your original post you said in no uncertain terms you were not going to Kalimdor?

In any case... godspeed, young man.

How did you even manage to do that? Honestly, you can get to 58 and have quests left over.
    He set several arbitrary rules and stipulations.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

If I were you I'd just quit the game OP, what happened to you is insulting IMHO. I'm not being sarcastic.

lol he's a really good troll. And all of us gave him the drama-fest he wanted. Well played.

Had the exact same problem, human, doing quests only, taking breadcrumbs only when all quests in the zone completed, ended up in Surwich with no quests left, one bar into 57. Went to Silithus to quest, it was fucking awful. Finally gave in and am waiting on my first dungeon.

Deleted
    curious indeed