Page 1 of 3
LastLast

With Flex available, it's clearly obvious people who are not skilled enough love LFR

You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.

Your thoughts are so valuable.

i use lfr because of how easy it is, queue up, afk for 30 mins as dps, find a group, zzz tunnel fest my way through to cheap epics on alts.

Or the server died and its difficult as hell to assemble people to raid and to find the time since some people have lives,i.e. work, kids, house, honey-do list which is always freaking long,etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    I was doing ICC10, and LFR is still preferable for me.

Make up another excuse.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this have to do with WoD general discussion?

Does flex still require a group? Yes? Then it changes nothing, and raid finder is still good for people who have no interest in that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    God I can't wait to see how fast this thread gets shut down.
    Yep. This won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Does flex still require a group? Yes? Then it changes nothing, and raid finder is still good for people who have no interest in that kind of thing.
    you prob shouldn't be playing an MMORPG then

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    i use lfr because of how easy it is, queue up, afk for 30 mins as dps, find a group, zzz tunnel fest my way through to cheap epics on alts.
    I think you mean queue up, afk for 30mins or so, return and marvel at all the loot you have, amirite?

You should get your eyes checked then.

Blizzard disagrees.

I will play what I please, and apparently Blizzard disagrees with you on what is required in an MMO.

You've clearly fooled yourself into thinking flex takes some skill. Flex takes a pre-made group, it's just as faceroll as LFR.

Hmm, Are you running full on PUGs of FLEX ? Because I'm coming across a lot of LFR like players in FLEX and it seems half the time they are the raid leaders. Lots of wipes on Shamans, Naz, Spoils, Thok, and Siege and Garrosh. With lots of folks screaming don't go over 14!!!11!!! We'll get 25man mechanics!!! yet no one can tell me what changes actually happen.

But even if your point is true. So what ? GC said LFR was for people who didn't\never raided, so I wouldn't expect them to very good. So what if they stick with LFR because they can't do FLEX. The majority of the player base that does flex can't do Normals, The majority of Normals can't clear heroics....You see they have different difficulties for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like people, having left my guild a few years back I potter around with a few friends, mostly solo, have so far only done the first 2 wings of Flex with a few guys from these forums. I like LFR for my main and my alts.

Have been raiding since TBC, cleared all but sunwell, raided hard/heroic modes during WotLK, then toned it down to only raiding periodically when I felt like it during Cata and pretty much only used LFR in MoP.

I wouldn't say I was the best of raiders, but good enough to be pushing through normal or even heroic still.

Why is it that the only people that whine about LFR are the ones who have no reason nor desire to even go into it?

I don't make threads about removing pvp or heroic mode raids, yet there's always a hundred threads on LFR >.>

Because blanket statements are always valuable to conversations.

Flex still requires a premade group or using an addon to find a group. Not everyone has the resources or desire to go to those lengths to find a raid. For some it may be a skill problem, sure. But applying a blanket statement (especially an inflammatory one) brings no value to discussion.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I have to agree. The reality is, and this is especially true for DPS who suffer longer queue times, more often than not you can find a group for a flex wing using openraid MUCH faster than sitting in that same wings' LFR queue.

The whole "my server is dead" doesn't apply, flex is cross realm, and openraid is stupid-easy to use. The whole "I have a life" (this has always been a laughable "excuse") thing doesn't apply, because as stated, generally for a DPS at least, you can find a group in openraid faster. Side note, I love the people who always say "I can't do it, I have a life", news flash, you're probably just bad. People who throw this "excuse" around generally seem to think the only people who manage to raid have no life. The audacity and stupidity in that notion is quite amusing.

Lastly, I 100% agree with Kezzik. If your whole reason for not doing things like flex is that it requires a group, you really shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. That's the whole point of the MM part, massively multi-player. Why are you playing a game built on the idea of social interaction, if you hate interacting with other people? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. There are a ton of single player RPG games out there that offer an amazing solo experience. Wouldn't that be more to your liking if you can't stand other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    With lots of folks screaming don't go over 14!!!11!!! We'll get 25man mechanics!!! yet no one can tell me what changes actually happen.
    Right now boss abilities still have some breakpoints. Going from 14 to 15 adds a third target for a certain mechanic in SoO right now, but in the future it would have a scaling random chance to have a third target so that there isn't that breakpoint.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...sting-and-More

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm in a guild with 2 other semi active people can't 3 man a flex raid bro.