Immerseus 10man Heroic Help

Raid composition:
    Warrior + Druid tank
    Monk, disc priest and druid healer
    Ele shaman, enhance shaman, fury warrior, assassination rogue, survival hunter dps

16 wipes so far

world of logs report
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sfui51txsm08yeqd/

We had a 3-4 wipes at the start down to not understanding the adds and then getting overrun, this was amended in future pulls and aside from the ele pulling threat and dying during ascendance to adds, the adds were mostly under control in phase 1.

The problem seemed to be the swirl and movement. We started off following the Fatboss guide, the tanks on the left and right and the dps spread out in one section of the room, moving to another section as it fills up. This seemed to be going alright until a bad swirl came. I don't know whether to call for cds or run every time for safety.

After a raid break, we starting getting overrun by adds far too much again and then tried to amend this by stacking after the first sha pools went down on the offtank so he could pick the adds up faster. It was successful once but not the second try. I would say our main problem is the adds in phase 1 and being too scattered during swirl. In the last few tries I just gave up dpsing the boss after the free burn phase, and just went on add duty full time, (rogue) basically thinking that I would not spawn new adds whilst also cleaning up others.

The boss seems to be at 20% after hero so getting to phase 2 the first time, and spreading out to deal with the adds in phase 2 is also going fine. The problem is after we come back in after phase 2, we don't have hero and the boss hp seems to be going down so much slower because we are just dealing with adds the whole time. Between fatboss, a written guide on here and suggestions from others it's getting a little muddled and I'm not sure which movement strategy to stick to during phase 1.
    Last edited by pocky_rin; 2013-11-14 at 10:07 PM.

We have a loose line of people at a place, when a sha splash spawns we simply move back a bit in place to plant the next one. The tanks are (about) 20 yards off to a side.

When the first swirl arrives we decide if its going to be safe or not. If it is, no problem. If its not then really the easiest way to deal with it is to run to the back since it outranges it. (Or pop a personal / immunity / blink or whatever)

After the swirl we move to where the tanks were, the tanks move on about 20 yards (you are basically moving a bit round the clock face to a clean patch)

Really the first two normal phases are the hardest part of the fight by a large margin, lots of adds, boss has high HP etc etc. Once you've dealt with them it becomes a lot easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Raid composition:
    This seemed to be going alright until a bad swirl came. I don't know whether to call for cds or run every time for safety.
    We had this problem too when we started first working on it and decided to just save a CD for every swirl and if it spawned in a place that it was eventually going to hit us we'd use the CD and just run straight through the swirls(players also using personals if possible). Takes the RNG aspect of swirl out of the fight and makes it quite predictable and easy. Worked far better for us than wasting time running all the way to the wall in an attempt to avoid it when the damage from the swirl is easily managed in the first place.
    Last edited by mmoc10cc32555d; 2013-11-14 at 10:31 PM.

CD'ing through Swirls is viable but my guild found it easier to either outrange it or out run it. Most of the time we got lucky RNG and the Swirls would rarely danger the raid at all but when they did we would out range or out run. As far as adds go try to have the Warrior tank get the boss first that way he will be picking up adds and I believe Warriors are better than Druids with AoE threat. Once you get to the second Phase 1 keep in mind you have 10 seconds to DPS the boss before his debuff goes up spawning adds so try popping CD's here. If you can master the first 2-3 P1's then you got a kill.

swirl rng can be annoying. few ways to deal with it though.

1. raid cd's personal cd's healthstones. generally swirl is only an issue in the first two transitions anyways so using those for an early swirl will help.
    2. Symbiosis the warrior and use the run speed to get the whole group away. have pre assigned relocation areas.

Adds.

fun trick have ur warrior arms spec. drop taunt banner (not tooo close to boss) all adds will go to him def stance die by the sword recklessness blade storm. lots of dead adds. once die by the sword falls shield wall. continue slam cleave. make sure to cancel banner if ur taking to much damage.

really though its about ur group handeling adds as fast and as clean as possible try everyone only getting up to 2-3 stacks of debuff aoe adds and have tanks keep on boss bringing out more. just be ready to have dispells on them and tank cd's

once ur thru the first phase with everyone up you pretty much win.

not all these ideas are perfect just some thoughts and things ive done.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have the raid spread around the large platform in the back (where the loot chest spawns), and the currently active tank in the small platform to the left. Pools are merely placed carefully, and even if we have an unintentionally long phase there's no need to rotate as a group.

When adds are spawning, choose your tank that feels the most confident running around as a AoE threat machine and have them run around like a kid in a candy store. Any healer/DPS that has adds on them should make an effort to pass their adds to the AoE cluster of death. The tank tanking the adds should definitely consider popping a wall or something for the first P1, and potentially the 2nd P1.

When Swirl happens, ascertain if it's going to hit the group or not first (we just call if it's a 'good' swirl or a 'bad' swirl) and just run to the back or pop a CD if it's a bad swirl.

The second P1 may have less health than the first P1, but without lust and cooldowns it'll take longer than the first p1. You can either handle this by having people stagger some cooldowns for the second p1, or you can just weather the difference in length.

Once you're past the first two P1s it simply becomes a matter of just not derping until the boss dies.

PS: For the sha pool in p2s, a single tank who just makes it his mission to hang around the inner circle should do the trick.

Heroism+pot on pull, pot the second time he emerges. Never go above 3 stacks, have healers dispel people going to 4 or 5 stacks. Yes, the debuff is dispellable but it's not worth doing it over and over again unless you're really struggling with boss dps tbh, there should be plenty of adds to attack while the debuff drops again.

Just keep an eye on the swirl timer and have people be ready for it. Running to the wall is by far the easiest strategy as people have already mentioned. You really shouldn't have any trouble healing 3 stacks on all DPS as long as people move out of sha splash immediatly.

Deleted
    If you think 16 wipes is alot, you are going to have a bad time later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    If you think 16 wipes is alot, you are going to have a bad time later on.
    Firstly what Rangvald said is correct. Do not believe that Immerseus is so easy as advertised. It has a bit higher learning curve for mediacore guilds.

Secondly - scattered adds during first "phase" and swirl?

We countered this so (following the fatboss guide for the initial location for tanks and DPS), that all stayed in a rather tight bunch and tank just peeled the adds off what he could. The rest dealt with their own adds.

When breath came, the starting point of swirl was called out.

When it was in no threat of hitting the raid, people didn't move. When it was about to hit the raid, people hugged the wall (swirl doesn't go as far as the rooms wall, so there is a cap which you can use). And ran through the swirl if there was no choice.

And when there was no choice, we had people run through the wall. The swirl damage is not that high as long as you don't get hit (after walking through it) by all the things on the ground.

If your DPSers switch to the adds, keeping those under control, is not a big issue. Beside if your hunter and rogue MD+ToT the tank for the adds, it will be easy.

Try to 2 heal it. I know it sound hard during later phases, but you have 2 shamans that can off-heal pretty well. With 6 DPS you will spend less time in phase1 and 2 (none split phases) which makes the fight easier.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-15 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Get everyone to form a line alone one of the edged of a platform going vertically. With each puddle everyone takes a step left (with tanks about 20 yards to your left) this way almost 100% of swirls will miss the raid. Also you get a few seconds while he "charges" his cast to see where he will swirl and it ALWAYS goes clockwise so if it does looks like it's gonna hit the raid just run to the right of the way he's facing and he'll cast it beside you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Firstly what Rangvald said is correct. Do not believe that Immerseus is so easy as advertised. It has a bit higher learning curve for mediacore guilds.

Secondly - scattered adds during first "phase" and swirl?

We countered this so (following the fatboss guide for the initial location for tanks and DPS), that all stayed in a rather tight bunch and tank just peeled the adds off what he could. The rest dealt with their own adds.

When breath came, the starting point of swirl was called out.

When it was in no threat of hitting the raid, people didn't move. When it was about to hit the raid, people hugged the wall (swirl doesn't go as far as the rooms wall, so there is a cap which you can use). And ran through the swirl if there was no choice.

And when there was no choice, we had people run through the wall. The swirl damage is not that high as long as you don't get hit (after walking through it) by all the things on the ground.

If your DPSers switch to the adds, keeping those under control, is not a big issue. Beside if your hunter and rogue MD+ToT the tank for the adds, it will be easy.

Try to 2 heal it. I know it sound hard during later phases, but you have 2 shamans that can off-heal pretty well. With 6 DPS you will spend less time in phase1 and 2 (none split phases) which makes the fight easier.
    Technically more healers makes the fight quicker as it's his corruption reaching 0 that awards the kill. DPS is a non issue in this fight although that being said we have always two healed without issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Technically more healers makes the fight quicker as it's his corruption reaching 0 that awards the kill. DPS is a non issue in this fight although that being said we have always two healed without issue
    I do agree that it makes it easier , but for us, 6 DPS gave more control and eventually a kill (as for us the adds were bit of an issue).

10+ Year Old Account
    Urk. No paladin. Devotion aura is super useful on badly positioned swirls.

Basically we 2 heal it to shorten the first two horrible phases as much as possible and everyone has to be very hyper aware in using their cooldowns/healthstones/Ithinkweevenhadsomehealthpotionusuage o_O When we need additional healing we thankfully run with several classes that do decent offspec healing for the adds. Sadly your comp is radically different from mine.

Keep the hunter MD'ing adds to the tank and keep one melee (I'd guess the fury warrior) close to the position the current add tank is shuffling and shredding them up fast so there's little overrunning of adds. Then just play steady. Dispel people when possible if they run up stacks, and keep super aware of positioning. Self cooldowns MUST be used on the swirl and if you have to take it, then run straight at it. Best case scenario you run right through it (happened a few odd times to me) worst case, you take one minimal tick and position yourself away from all the shit on the ground. Melee have to be especially aware of the incoming swirl to make sure they're not punted into ooze/geysers behind. Our own warrior is a bit of a numpty at this but as a melee myself I'm managing okay if letting my damage fall slightly to compensate for survival techniques.

The second phase 1 is without a doubt the worst part of the fight, I think we managed to run up 2 swirls when we first killed it looking at the video footage, and you will have to give it all the awareness you have.

This is 'movement'-the fight. And it's all personal accountability. If you have racked up 3 stacks and you're in a bad position just get out of there and either range kill adds or in the case of melee just be overly safe and see if there's some utility you can grant others while you wait for your chance to go all out again.

Might be worth trying a 2 heal tactic if your healers are strong enough and hopefully have dps offspecs...

Also just to be clear, my guild has NO movement strategy. We just move as needed and try to be aware/considerate of others near and around us and try not to divide the platform in half. That's it. After that nothing else can solve it except personal responsibility and common sense. Do not stand in pools under any circumstances. Do not let stacks rise higher than 4-5 unless you have a back up plan (bubble etc.) Be aware of all incoming phase changes (Swirl, Debuff on boss falling, Dividing up and killing adds)
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-11-15 at 07:50 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Thanks for all the tips, I think I have a much clearer picture of the options available now to try next week, as people wanted to try Norushen more. I wanted to point out I never said 16 wipes was a lot, I just stated how many we had because the sticky of "how to make a successful why are we wiping on this thread" said that it was information we should include. I think Garrosh took like 56 so... In regards to a 2 healer strat, would they have to be hugging by the pool to reach all the adds? And I assume you'd want any dps possible that can heal adds to do that also in later phases, as there are more "friendly" blobs. I think I will stick to 3 heals at the moment and try the arms warrior helping gather adds, as even with the misdirections the ele shaman with ascendance and the cleave trinket is just nomming all the aggro. I wasn't previously aware although I had heard rumors about outranging the swirl, I'll keep that in the back pocket for a pretty bad one if we don't want to run around it.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Tas people wanted to try Norushen more. .
    norushen hc is maybe a tiny bit less messy fight then immersuas hc but dont expect to clear him easily if your people have coordination/self awarnes problems with first 2 p1 on immerseus -_-

We have everyone stay on the big platform in the back. Starting on the right side moving left. Main tank on the boss stays on the platform to the left of us. Holy paladin and offtank stays about 25-30 yards away from him on the left side of the big platform. Tanks swap positions for the corrosive blast.

Holy paladin has righteous fury on and stacks up all the adds that way. I (warlock) pretty much solo the adds together with the offtank and everyone else focus their dps on the boss (only stops while stacks clear off).

For the swirl, people either use personal options to avoid it/survive it or we simply outrange it.

In phase 2 we spread out accordingly and handle all the adds. Then back to the big platform and repeat phase 1. We BL on pull and use second pots in the second phase 1.

If you get through the first two phase 1s without deaths, the fight becomes a ton simpler and it should be a kill unless someone messes up drastically.

Our logs from our 2nd kill yesterday: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=61&e=567

don't drop to 2 heals, it doesn't really buy you anything since you won't be able to heal as many oozes later.

we found a really simple strat for this that seems to work.

tanks in one pie slice, the rest of the raid to their left. everyone rotates one slice to the right everytime he does his corrosive blast. this means you'll be moving quite often, which helps keep the ground clear.

dps is only allowed to go to 3 stacks, then attacks adds until stacks clear. as a healer, i found it's actually more productive to dispel tanks only - dispelling the dps only encourages boss tunneling and we got overwhelmed with adds.

run to preassigned sports during ooze phase, then back to the same starting point.

i don't know why people are so concerned about swirls, they are really not that dangerous UNLESS you have people trying to outrun them. if one is going to hit the raid, just have everyone turn and run THROUGH it (popping a personal if you have one). almost every swirl death i've seen has been from people taking multiple hits from the swirl, which doesn't happen if you run toward it. just watch out for the moving puddles - if one hits you and knocks you in the air and then you get hit by the swirl, you will probably die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the warrior mocking banner then pop die by the sword to get them grouped up.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight