Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I still don't understand the big deal and all the whining.

I will be nice to not have to deal with players flying from point A to point B, kill quest-specific mobs/pick something up and fly back - that's not a game, there's no fun whatsoever in that.

Go play other MMOs where there's no flying (Rift comes to mind, LotRO as well), exploration = fun. Having to kill mobs to get something = more XP. Unexpected event along the way = the best sort of fun.

It's the basic stuff some WoW players need to be reminded of, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    You are forgetting that core of the no-flying-mounts people have already farmed mats in vanilla with no flying, pvp server, having to "farm" single node multiple times to get everything in it and even killing mobs around them took twice as long. I think the cry will come from completely another direction.

BTW, those who are expecting/fearing that casuals will roar about this when they finally get to 100, Blizzard is confident about this change, because casual feedback about no flying in timeless has been great. Many of these guys also dont care about potions, gems and such. Immersion is much more important. So this actually is a sort of a win-win, where casuals win, the true hardcore win, and the lazy wannabe-hc population will whine.
    Just like how Blizzard was confident with Cata dungeons being so difficult and hundreds of dailies right out of the gate with MOP. Nope they didn't backtrack on any of those!

One thing I don't think people are mentioning about the no flying, when they take flying away for one zone it feels ok, but when you take it away for all 7 zones it feels like your being cheated. I love little zones like Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder not having flying. However I don't understand how taking a flight path allows you to "see more of the content" when I take flight paths 90% of the ground loads and unloads before I have a chance to see any of it, when I am on my flying mount I am near the ground flying between trees looking for things, exploring for random Easter eggs. Seems to me that they don't want to polish things to much for 6.0 so they can deliver it faster and polish things for 6.1.

Eventhough I don't mind delaying the flying "permit", I always thought it was a little stupid how we always ended up flying at the end of the levelling process anyway - I guess it always served as yet-another incentive to reach the cap, albeit a totally half-assed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    3. I looooove the excuses they're giving for charging for character transfers. Have they seen the realm inbalances? Charging didn't stop it. People still hopped around. Other mmo's don't charge to change servers. I wonder why that is.

Feel free to show us the MMOs with 7 million players that lets them just randomly hop around for free.

It's cool we'll wait.

Oh that's right it's not a big deal for most MMOs because they have next to no one playing them so the strain on the servers is non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    People complain about anything, its not something new, we all know it happens.
    i think the yak having item upgrade would be ideal to have as replacement for reforging, I do agree transmog not necessary as most wait to get more then 1 piece before transmoggin

Deleted
    It's cool we'll wait.
    But we won't wait while paying subscription. We will wait 6.1 with the acounts frozen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It amazes me how by now people who have played this game for years still don't understand how things work. At the beginning of an expansion they DO. NOT. WANT. you to rush through anything. That puts a lot more pressure on them to produce a patch, giving them less time to produce it, and thus a crappy patch which will get complained about because they think Blizzard didn't put enough effort into it. (Well duh, crying that your bored because you've been able to rush to 100 by flying everywhere.) By forcing us to take things slower (again, at the beginning of an expansion), it gives them a small breather and more room to work on following patches. The only time they ever want you to really "rush" through anything is at the end of an expansion. Because by then you've done everything on your main, and they want to give you the ability to rush an alt up to actually keep you playing when they aren't producing patches, and are focusing on the next expansion. (ex: Timeless Isle). That is just how this whole thing works, and the people that are whining about not being able to rush through crap just really don't get it. That is not how your supposed to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Archypew View Post
    and there goes wow pvp down the toilet
    why exactly? you scared you actually have to use skill instead of gear? lol... i guess you just suck at pvp then.

The people complaining about this WoD flying situation are acting like Blizzard also somehow made it illegal to drive a car and are forcing you to get to work on foot. This isn't real life. This is a game. I'll admit, its a very addicting game, but no one is forcing you to play it.

Generally speaking, if your post seems whiny, then very few people are going to take your opinion seriously. If you want Blizzard to hear you, try complaining in a manner that doesn't make you sound like such an asshole. That being said, I don't think Blizzard is going to budge on this one. So, show them your concern, and don't buy the expansion. If not being able to fly for a few months is that much of a deal-breaker, just don't play until the change is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    [I]

I paid just as much for riding skills "back in the day" as today while gold wasn't as available as it is now. That when you hit max level you have 20k gold from questing only.
    You actually had to farm the gold instead of having it automatically from questing. As a new player I wasn't even able to buy basic riding skills without having to get gold from somewhere unlike now. And it took me quite some time to get 5k gold for my epic flying skill during TBC while now I just buy it instantly as soon as I ding max level without the help of other characters.

So yeah I agree, spoiled. If I had children and they complained like some people here... that's really not going to fly.

I don't even understand why it matters if you fly, ride or walk as long as it's fun. If it's about the gold, everyone paid for it and we have never been able to fly straight away in a new expansion except cataclysm for very good reasons...

- - - Updated - - -
    Why don't you check achievement dates before you start the old man speech? I'm clearly a BC player. And no, its not about the gold. Its about every single mount ive earned. All 260 of them. I earned Epic flight for all 3 of my 70s through questing and professions in BC ALONE. Name ONE expansion where if I had the gold I couldnt fly at max level. Thats right, there isnt one. Yes, my mounts are my babies to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    But we won't wait while paying subscription. We will wait 6.1 with the acounts frozen.
    Sure you will.

See you on launch day or better yet don't even come back. The game will be better off without children like you throwing a fit over such a pointless thing as "BAWW I CANT FLY RIGHT AWAY"

Deleted
    Sure you will.
    Nope , subscription already frozen. Will end in 18 days , then bye .

The reason for no multi-character transfer is just plain greed then. Realm population should be no concern when you can only play one at a time.

Im so confused by this Trial of the Gladiator issue. When did a blue (or anyone at blizzcon) say that the existing arena ladder would be gone? When did they say that the existing title and mount rewards would be gone? I see people constantly "quoting" things that seem to come from absolutely nowhere, but none of them actually say that the ladder or titles or mount rewards are leaving the current system. All they say is that there is a newer, different system being introduced that uses the same system as the Arena Server, not replacing the current system. Did people complain like this when Blizzard announced Heroic raiding, thinking that normal raiding was going to disappear?

I am really looking forward to better quests and a livelier world that can only be achieved if people stay on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    I don't know if you noticed but to keep up and stay competitive you have stuff to do on daily basis and no flying = a lot more time every day

I don't mind taking longer to get to 100 ... actually I would prefer it taking longer really, I do mind taking longer to do stuff you kinda have to do every day/week/... to stay at the ''top'' and be able to stay competitive so you can do the content properly (raids)
    What makes you think that they won't adapt the lvl 100 content to not having a flying mount? I doubt you'll have to do dailies in 6 different zones in 6.0. Well, there won't be many dailies anyways but I still doubt they'll "force" you to travel too much without flying mounts. I imagine that the max level content will be way more locally focused than it was in 5.0.
    Last edited by Shiroh; 2013-11-15 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWizard View Post
    Actually, casuals will be hit hardest by this. Hardcore players can spend the time on the quest line to unlock flight and still have time for other things. Casuals don't have as much time to devote to things like that. Casuals are also less likely to keep up with WoW news, so they'll be less likely to be ready for the end of the quest come 6.1. That means more work getting flying when the hardcores have prepared. This is true especially when you take into consideration alts, unless the unlock is account wide.
    No, this doesn't make sense. Being prepared doesn't make anyone a hardcore. Being prepared is also a choice. Obviously, if you can't be bothered to check out changed, then you don't really give a shit anyway.

If no flying means you do things 10% slower, this 10% is still effecting your gameplay, whether you play for 1 hour a day, or 10 hours a day. Not to mention, no flying won't change a thing if you just sit in a city and queue for things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Every argument against flying is a complete and utter failure. On a PvE server, someone who wants to rush through the content and get to the end as quickly as possible, has to have something they want to do removed from them. So they have to pay, while everyone else gets what they want? No, that's not fair at all. The only option is leaving flying in, and letting people decide what they want to do and how to play. That way if someone wants to rush, they still can, while everyone else can look at the "pretty" virtual environment or take their time.
    I want a full set or T-17 on all my toons, Blizzard better gimme it! Why can;t I rush things when I want? I also want all my toons to level 100! Blizzard better do that too! Its only fair!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Just because something is easier now doesn't make you spoiled, dingus.

People used to hunt for their meals. Oh now you go to the store to get food? YOU SIR ARE SPOILED.

Unbelievable how far fanboys will go to justify having features being taken away from them. Having a long ass chain of quests to get flying back? Might as well call them dailies.
    Sorry dingus, a quest chain isn;t dailies. STOP WHINING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewheelz View Post
    One thing I don't think people are mentioning about the no flying, when they take flying away for one zone it feels ok, but when you take it away for all 7 zones it feels like your being cheated. I love little zones like Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder not having flying. However I don't understand how taking a flight path allows you to "see more of the content" when I take flight paths 90% of the ground loads and unloads before I have a chance to see any of it, when I am on my flying mount I am near the ground flying between trees looking for things, exploring for random Easter eggs. Seems to me that they don't want to polish things to much for 6.0 so they can deliver it faster and polish things for 6.1.
    Likely story man. Even if this is true, I doubt you spend much time at all doing it, and you're probably in a .05% minority that does. Pro Flyers just want and easy ride and more convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Let events speak for themselves, "son".

The level of whine on the forums vastly outnumbers that in-game. No-one in my guild has vocalised any real issues with the current news. Tradechat isn't being spammed by butthurt players. The only tears I see are here and on official forums.

Please, carry on. Make assumptions and prejudge and complain. Its amusing to those of us who've seen it all happen before, and know that waiting patiently for the end result usually results in few disappointments.
    That's because none of those people know what's going on. They won't know until they hit 100 and start spamming "where is the flight trainer?" in trade. Then we'll see who the vocal minority is. Remember when they gutted talents? The forums were bitching about it, and fanboys were defending it. That all happened when it was announced. Months later and it got put into place, THAT was when they started losing massive subs from it. Because those casual players don't read announcements and patch notes. They just log in when it happens and say what the fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Umbranox View Post
    If you can fly you can just pick up the quest, fly in a straight line to the objective, complete it and fly straight back. Where's the fun in that?
    Gotta love this hypocrisy. I can bet my savings this guy doesn't use ground mounts. When you were doing your klaxxi and golden lotus etc dailies were you using your ground mount? Hmm? No? Oh so why were you using your flying mount to do them? You just said yourself it's not fun when you fly. So why the hell were you purposely doing something that isn't fun? Is it not fun unless you're forced into it? And everyone else is forced? I thought so. Hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, this doesn't make sense. Being prepared doesn't make anyone a hardcore. Being prepared is also a choice. Obviously, if you can't be bothered to check out changed, then you don't really give a shit anyway.

If no flying means you do things 10% slower, this 10% is still effecting your gameplay, whether you play for 1 hour a day, or 10 hours a day. Not to mention, no flying won't change a thing if you just sit in a city and queue for things.

- - - Updated - - -

I want a full set or T-17 on all my toons, Blizzard better gimme it! Why can;t I rush things when I want? I also want all my toons to level 100! Blizzard better do that too! Its only fair!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry dingus, a quest chain isn;t dailies. STOP WHINING.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely story man. Even if this is true, I doubt you spend much time at all doing it, and you're probably in a .05% minority that does. Pro Flyers just want and easy ride and more convenience.
    rofl, is anyone listening to this dingus with a lemonparty username? Stay in school, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWizard View Post
    Actually, casuals will be hit hardest by this. Hardcore players can spend the time on the quest line to unlock flight and still have time for other things. Casuals don't have as much time to devote to things like that. Casuals are also less likely to keep up with WoW news, so they'll be less likely to be ready for the end of the quest come 6.1. That means more work getting flying when the hardcores have prepared. This is true especially when you take into consideration alts, unless the unlock is account wide.
    You know it won't be account wide. Look at cloud serpent rep. They made us get it for all our alts which is entirely retarded. They will for sure force us to do the long "legendary" like quest chain to get flying on all our alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Feel free to show us the MMOs with 7 million players that lets them just randomly hop around for free.

It's cool we'll wait.

Oh that's right it's not a big deal for most MMOs because they have next to no one playing them so the strain on the servers is non existent.
    7 million, that's hilarious. Here's the deal champ, most of those are in china. The last time they gave numbers per zone was when they were at 10m. They said 6m were in china, 2m in EU and 2m in US. So let's just be generous and say we're at 1.5m for US and EU, that they didn't drop that much. Those two zones can't play with each other. In other mmo's they can. I personally see more people running around in Rift than I do in WoW and that's with CRZ cheating. So if you look at it from US WoW which is 1.5m to Rift which is actually more than that since they had 1m BEFORE they went free to play. They allow bouncing around for free and it didn't screw up realm balance one but. But please, continue to blindly defend your gf while she gouges her customers for no reason.