Simple Macro Help

Hello, I'm looking to improve on a few of my current macros (interrupt/Misdirection). My current interrupt one is:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Counter Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, exists, harm, nodead] Counter Shot; Counter Shot
    How do I make it so that it also interrupts the target that I mouseover and prioritizes that over the current target (with focus being the highest priority)?

My Misdirection one is:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, help, nodead] [@pet, exists] Misdirection
    /e casts Misdirection on %f.
    How do I make it so that it also casts Misdirection on a target that I mouseover and prioritizes that over the focus target? Also, if anyone knows how to make it so my emote actually yells out the target I cast Misdirection on instead of the makeshift focus target, that'd be good too!

Thanks!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, exists, harm, nodead][@mouseover, exists, harm, nodead][] Counter Shot
    Not 100% sure about yelling part atm:
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][@focus, help, nodead][@pet, exists][] Misdirection
    /run SendChatMessage(format("Misdirection on %s",select(1,UnitName("mouseover"))),"YELL",nil,nil);

Thanks I'll give these a shot, pun not intended!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hello, I'm looking to improve on a few of my current macros (interrupt/Misdirection). My current interrupt one is:
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, exists, harm, nodead] Counter Shot; Counter Shot
    How do I make it so that it also interrupts the target that I mouseover and prioritizes that over the current target (with focus being the highest priority)?
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, exists, harm, nodead] Counter Shot; [@mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] Counter Shot; Counter Shot
    It should function perfectly fine without the exists, harm, nodead stuff but it's not a big deal.

My Misdirection one is:
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, help, nodead] [@pet, exists] Misdirection
    /e casts Misdirection on %f.
    How do I make it so that it also casts Misdirection on a target that I mouseover and prioritizes that over the focus target? Also, if anyone knows how to make it so my emote actually yells out the target I cast Misdirection on instead of the makeshift focus target, that'd be good too!

Thanks!
    I've never seen a macro written like that with two different targetting arguments next to each other (/cast [@focus, help, nodead] [@pet, exists] Misdirection), but if it works then cool.
    For the @mouseover change I would do the same as above, so something like:
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, help, exists, nodead] Misdirection; [@focus, help, nodead] Misdirection; [@pet, exists] Misdirection
    Not sure how to do the emote thing and have it announce who the MD is cast on. I don't think there's an easy way to do it.
    Last edited by mediic; 2013-11-15 at 11:26 AM.

His will work for what you're wanting. Just thought I'd add there are many situations where you wouldn't want to drop your focus but still interrupt your mouseover as a priority. Like, say, you needed to interrupt the mouseover but your pet was already on your focus and you'd interrupt him with intimidation. (one example) The easiest way would be:

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus, mod:Shift][@mouseover, exists, nomod][] Counter Shot

It would interrupt with Shift or your modifier of choice, if no mod and you have a mouseover then interrupts it, if only a target and no mod it would interrupt your target.

Anyway, good luck whatever you do!

While I have the macro pro's here, I have a question about my SS/FT macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Freezing Trap
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /castsequence reset=5 [@mouseover] Scatter Shot, Freezing Trap
    Before I added the mouseover part of it, it would SS and reset to SS again after 5, but after I added the mouseover, it stopped doing that (wouldn't reset back to SS after 5), any solution?

I got a MD target announce working. The macro system is too simple, there's addons for it but I wanted to figure it out for myself and this is the best way I could find since MD is a bit weird. Here's the weakaura string I came up with.

Code:
    d0txiaWzvPDrf9APqDykntOQMlvsz2qmFQKQBcsESkUnuopK0oHu7vPDtX(rJskyyGG(TexxvnuIQgSy4QIdsL6usQCmqk3ceAHGalLkXIjkSCPAreXtjSmII65atuk1uHktwLMUIlcjUQKYZaPkVJkj2irPTsueBgeTDOkFKOYSKKPrLK(lrAKefPltA0srJhKkNKkCwqQQttv3tkzLG6HsQ6NsH8cTf3kWwXDf3f3kofKsFXTOD1fneUZkoFWuWWPq3ScOryctyctyctyctyctyctyctyctyctyctyct4v8nt3)(Q9f3koFWuWwbKFZz8ftd1rygMUo)UHz6FLWQ5UZkqk27IBf9cIU4wb2hz8lUD2zNv01xFXGd1hDf(tXSIZhmfmCk0n1EU2rxHINAMvypJVyalUvagBFwCRatba7RUIrbZkoFWuWwbKFZz8fdZPPEASySNgdyAy8ykySypvmkEQzQyA6VA9wWO9kgq53pQC1C0UIbu(9JI2IPvmGYVFuzrSVGkgq53pQlw)vwe7lOI5QGrUAoAxXCvWG2IPvmxfmYIyFbvmxfmYIyFbYCfJtNoRJWmmmmEizu8uZW0QfJeH8OGp(sDxZf3sDlV847aL2syMMQHWmmmmmmmmqeImUVx)4lglcJT)(XuZaimdddddddds5yryapkcIJBfd4rrqqBX0kgWJIGionlfKkg7VBXH6JY0IXPtNeMHHHHHHHHWmmmmmmmmqeIm1xWESDL5ybJ2zSMld4rrqimdddddddJhsgWJIGG2IPmTAXibkp4676z8fJegMPPAimddddddddddddeHiJBJP8nhLzkmalQeMHHHHHHHHHHHrOMB9nTdukayF1gUkyqBXugNozKW00cyGYdU(UEgFXiPIrIWn0xsDUcHzyyyyyyyyyyy6687gMP)vcZWWWWWWWOMlHzyyyuZLWQ5UcmfaSVQ0b1hDfY7Id04wXTi98btbBLXkUfPykayF1vg7SZkMU)9v7lUvag7PXs9gilR4u(MzfGYVF0VXpR4bXIQ2xX93TJVywb0BfglMk1BGSSc7VBxHXIPGf3IgARakp4676z8fZoRyq9rxX5dMc2kaFzO4PMr8Hesp0TcPUR5IBPULxE8DGs7vaEuee0wmDfq5bxFxpJVywHINAMvuFbtg2Hb)Y7k(g)SI3E5)SIZhmfmPdQp6ku8uZSIZhmfm0wmDfR48btbBfq(nNXxmnO4PMPIz8ykySypvmykayF1kMM(RwVfmAVIbu(9JkxnhTRyaLF)OOTyAfdO87hvwe7lOIbu(9J6I1FLfX(cQyUkyKRMJ2vmxfmOTyAfZvbJSi2xqfZvbJlw)vwe7lOIXPtN1ryggggpKmykayFvMwTyKiKhf8XxQ7AU4wQB5LhFhO0wcdZ0uneMHHHHHHHHWmmmmmmmmiLJfHb8OiioAxXaEuee0wmTIb8OiiItZsbHPfJtNoDfcZWWWWWWWqyggggggggpKmmGhfbbTftzA1IrcuEW131Z4lgjmmwZLbu(9JkxnhTzA1IPMXpYvZr7gK8Gyrv7sQJXAUmxfmYvZrBg66TyQz8JC1C0Ubjpiwu1UK6yMMQHWmmmmmmmmmmmmc1CRVPDGsba7R2GeMJfmagO8GRVRNXxmmfdJegNoVkyqBX0kgjOavJWHIK6yyyyyyyyyyimdddddddddddtxNF3Wm9Vsygggggggg1CjmdddJAUewn3v8bQuq53p634NfcwX5dMcM0M(RUIXJP3v8nkEQzwX4X07ku8uZawr9nckiWnoP43i5KIImbf04KwdTSoWhhkUGs7v8bQuWJIGG2IPleSZk83vaLhC9D9m(IHXTXu(MJUcZhdx3)(QDWIgAR46bpiwuDCkMv4WmAhs7rDnhNIb4AULHhXpOkvM(nJ2LcLhC9D9m(IzNvawHm7ecxbElAO5Qqdc3zx
    Here's the meat of it, which I'm kind of proud of considering I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. It's an invisible aura with this as a custom event trigger.
    Code:
    function(event, timestamp, message, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, ...)
        if message == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED"  then

local spellID, spellName, spellSchool = ...;

if  spellName == "Misdirection"  and sourceGUID == UnitGUID("player") and destGUID ~= UnitGUID("player") then
                SendChatMessage(" casts Misdirection on " ..destName, "EMOTE")          
                return true
            end
        end
    end