Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    Blizzard should stop removing features from there game and adding them later back in.

Who wants to fly should fly. Who wants to walk should walk.
    The only argument that people against flying seem to be able to come up with is that somehow giving a choice takes away their choice, but removing choice is how it should be, because that way they can play how they want and everyone is forced to play their way as well. I have yet to see any of them come up with an argument better than "Well if other people can fly, then I am forced to fly, or I would be gimped" but they then claim that the people who are pissed about being actually forced to play how they can't stand to play are whining.

What do you think their reaction would be if Blizzard said right now "We changed the no flying, and decided that you can ONLY fly in WoD" Does anyone actually believe that they wouldn't rage about it non-stop until the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I have yet to see any of them come up with an argument better than "Well if other people can fly, then I am forced to fly, or I would be gimped"
    We have a secret deal with Blizzard. At 3am each day, they'll let us fly all over draenor. Just us though.

/just kidding, transportation in this game is beyond effortless, flying mounts or no. There's far more important game mechanics to be concerned about as a subscriber.

How did this turn into us being against flying? Like I said, I love my flying mounts. I'm just not losing my shit that it's not going to be included until the next patch. Like the guy above me here says, this isn't a vital component to the game.

You're all blowing it way out of proportion, just like every other time something changes in this game. You're going to complain and moan and threaten to unsub. You won't. You'll log in and grumble about how shitty blizzard is for providing you a fucking virtual fantasy theme park to pretend you're a demigod in. You'll load up the xpac, and then you'll forget all about how shitty you thought it was going to be because you couldn't fly. You all act like flying is cutting hours off of the amount of time it takes you to quest. It doesn't. Stop freaking out about every minor change in the game. It's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomface View Post
    Is there anyone else out there who thinks the amount of uproar about this is pathetic?

I personally don't give a flying (pun intended) f*ck whether I can fly or not at the start of the xpac. In all the threads about this, I can't find an argument that actually makes sense. You're not going to be able to fly while leveling up anyways, and then you'll have to wait a couple months. Does that really warrant the bizarre outrage that's been seen over the last few days?

Before this was even announced, there was a fairly loud contingent of players who felt that flying had wrecked world pvp. So blizz decides to try out no flying for a couple months, and the flipside of that contingent just loses it. I applaud Blizzard for having the thick skin to deal with such a bipolar player base. That must be bloody aggravating.

Can someone explain to my, articulately, why this is such a big deal to them? Like, maybe you have to make a couple more corpse runs because you accidentally pulled an entire zone of mobs or something? Are you under the impression that flying cuts down on the time you spend questing that much, and that you're going to spend hours and hours of riding around insurmountable mountains to get to your questgivers? Or is it a power thing, like "I'm max level right now and I already paid for flying once. I'm not doing it again"?

Alternately, I'd like to hear from other people who don't think this is an issue at all. I'd like to think that the people losing their minds over this are a vocal minority.
    Perhaps you could read Blizzard's reasoning behind the removal. Then you might have a better idea on the subject.

"A lot of people like to say we're trying to force world PvP, or that we just really want people to look at the pretty trees we made, but those really aren't the reasons that drive this same decision we've made every expansion".

Deleted
    How did this turn into us being against flying? Like I said, I love my flying mounts. I'm just not losing my shit that it's not going to be included until the next patch. Like the guy above me here says, this isn't a vital component to the game.

You're all blowing it way out of proportion, just like every other time something changes in this game. You're going to complain and moan and threaten to unsub. You won't. You'll log in and grumble about how shitty blizzard is for providing you a fucking virtual fantasy theme park to pretend you're a demigod in. You'll load up the xpac, and then you'll forget all about how shitty you thought it was going to be because you couldn't fly. You all act like flying is cutting hours off of the amount of time it takes you to quest. It doesn't. Stop freaking out about every minor change in the game. It's laughable.
    Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Blizzard also stated that they are designing flight paths and travel in general with that in mind. So just take a look for yourself before jumping the ship because there is water in your drinking glass and you think now it's drowning.

Bashiok's excuse is bullshit, there's no good reason for them to change flying. Who are they to tell players what is and what isn't an enjoyable way to experience the game? I'd also like to see what kind of contrived shit they'll spew out trying to convince people to leave their major city of choice and not just queue for all of their dungeon/scenario needs.

As for the quest line to unlock flying, which is, even from what I've learned to expect from the devs, a hilariously stupid idea, I'm hoping it blows up in their face and realize how foolish they're being.

Just kidding, these are the same idiots that thought Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle were successes for any reason other than the gear available there.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    I think the outrage over no flying for one patch is pretty ridiculous. Its not like its gone forever, it is ONE patch... People need to learn to have some friggin patience.
    A patch is three months. That IS forever on the Internet. Hell, it's beyond forever. It's well into the echelons of storied eternity. An expansion isn't even two years. They're crippling transportation for a whole sixth of the time we're on Double Draenor, for the sake of some lame jumping puzzles, Isle of Futility-esque rare spawns, and overworld non-instanced Troves of the Thunder King. Which I suppose is great if you main a HUNTER since the latter was otherwise some of the most poorly designed "content" in all of MoP.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    I just looked at the German general forum and there is NOT ONE single thread about flying or no flying. So either we don't care or US players are blowing this sooo out of proportion that it's ridiculous to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Bashiok's excuse is bullshit, there's no good reason for them to change flying. Who are they to tell players what is and what isn't an enjoyable way to experience the game? I'd also like to see what kind of contrived shit they'll spew out trying to convince people to leave their major city of choice and not just queue for all of their dungeon/scenario needs.

As for the quest line to unlock flying, which is, even from what I've learned to expect from the devs, a hilariously stupid idea, I'm hoping it blows up in their face and realize how foolish they're being.

Just kidding, these are the same idiots that thought Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle were successes for any reason other than the gear available there.
    We were supposed to get cold weather flying in WotLK via a quest chain, but it was scrapped for one reason or another. I wonder whether they'll use the dregs of that quest line as a base?

And you're right. Blizzard's logic for disallowing flying for 1 patch does not make sense.

I did unsub. Came back to level my alts under the assumption that the next xpac would have a plot I actually gave a crap about. Geared up my main, showed the world that I still got the right stuff.

WoD revealed. Garrisons sound cool. Rest sounds bad. Didn't have time for world of dailycraft, won't have time for world of masking lack of max level outdoor content by increasing travel timecraft. Plot sounds like it was written by some kid who popped a boner while watching the JJ Abrams star trek movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I did unsub. Came back to level my alts under the assumption that the next xpac would have a plot I actually gave a crap about. Geared up my main, showed the world that I still got the right stuff.

WoD revealed. Garrisons sound cool. Rest sounds bad. Didn't have time for world of dailycraft, won't have time for world of masking lack of max level outdoor content by increasing travel timecraft. Plot sounds like it was written by some kid who popped a boner while watching the JJ Abrams star trek movies.
    Guess it's time to unsub again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Okay, so now we have Blizzard gating it behind a quest. On the surface, it isn't all that bad. It's just an extended wait and a quest chain. I am sure we can all handle that. The trick though, Blizzard is changing they way they are offering Flying. Change is scary and in my mind could be a first step to see if flying can be removed all together. Yes, I know that's rather tinfoil hat of me... but I feel like others are thinking the same thing. After 4 expansions of flying only being gated by at least 1 toon at max level (see Wrath and the Tome of Cold Weather Flying) we have grown accustom to that being the norm in the acquisition of flying.
    This is the most well thought out answer I've seen here so far. That being said, I don't think anyone should be worried about Blizzard completely removing flying from the game. It's just not going to happen. They've stated it's not going to happen, I believe within the last 48 hours.

And I'd just like to reiterate again that I am not against flying. Love it. Fly all the time. Just not losing my mind that I'm going to have to go on hoof and foot for the next little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Bashiok said they were trying to recreate the feeling of when you got your first flying mount. But the fact is you can't rehash a feeling!!!

It ends up feeling like a punishment (taking your flying away) then when you do get it its not the exhilaration of OMG i can fly wheeeee its FUCK finally I got my flying back!!
    SOOOOO much this... Finally someone is on my level