Thread: "Libtards"

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

"Libtards"

Can someone explain this to me...it seems like every single right winger/moron says this term like its the single most clever thing they have ever heard....but i still dont get it how libtards translates into a diss onto liberals....there is no T liberal......so what exactly is the cleverness attaching a "tard" in there....wouldnt this be more of a diss for libertarians? Atleast it has a T in it.....

Deleted
    What makes me laugh is that in the USA, liberal means someone AGAINST freedom, that is fucked up.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a demeaning label that attempts to muddle a talking point or issue. It's the same when liberals call conseratives tea baggers, black democrats that call me a uncle tom, or the racist/sexist label.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    What makes me laugh is that in the USA, liberal means someone AGAINST freedom, that is fucked up.
    we also love to kill babies for fun. and we smear their blood on our faces before we rob the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I'm always wary of persons who claim to be fighting for "freedom", more often than not it's their freedom they care about and not others.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    It's a demeaning label that attempts to muddle a talking point or issue. It's the same when liberals call conseratives tea baggers, black democrats that call me a uncle tom, or the racist/sexist label.
    I always remembered it when someone teabagged someone's corpse in a video game >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

yeah lol, whenever I talk politics with foreigners I have to explain that liberals are actually anti liberalism, and conservatives are actually pro liberalism.. lol they get so confused.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I always remembered it when someone teabagged someone's corpse in a video game >.>
    I usually think of step brothers scene where Brennen puts his balls on Dales drumset. So whenever the term comes up, I picture John Boehner and Ted Cruz rubbing their nutsacks on furniture in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    It's the same when liberals call conseratives tea baggers
    Well, except that nobody spent a period of time proudly calling themselves libtards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kt66nf View Post
    yeah lol, whenever I talk politics with foreigners I have to explain that liberals are actually anti liberalism, and conservatives are actually pro liberalism.. lol they get so confused.
    Liberals = pro social liberalism, somewhat anti economic liberalism
    Conservatives = anti social liberalism, pro economic liberalism ("neoliberalism")

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Politics is such a petty practice.

As a note (since it's relevant to the point of the thread):

If anyone ever sees blatant political bashing like this (i.e. libtard, conservitard, whatever other things people come up with), please report it so mods can look at it and take care of it. This applies to any thread!

We really don't like insults being tossed around and stuff.

Many thanks.

What I want is for both the liberals and conservatives to start using common sense. Certainly not enough of that being used these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    What I want is for both the liberals and conservatives to start using common sense. Certainly not enough of that being used these days.
    Doesn't work. Political parties are polar opposites because if one of them gives an inch, the other takes a mile. So being extreme on both ends is the only way nothing is ever going to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    As a note (since it's relevant to the point of the thread):

If anyone ever sees blatant political bashing like this (i.e. libtard, conservitard, whatever other things people come up with), please report it so mods can look at it and take care of it. This applies to any thread!

We really don't like insults being tossed around and stuff.

Many thanks.
    Good to hear. In fact, I'll make it my signature for the next person that decides to call someone a 'tea bagger'.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Doesn't work. Political parties are polar opposites because if one of them gives an inch, the other takes a mile. So being extreme on both ends is the only way nothing is ever going to change.
    I'd hardly even call Democrats and Republicans polar opposites. Youve got center/right, and then you've got far, far right.

Quote Originally Posted by nelly676 View Post
    Can someone explain this to me...it seems like every single right winger/moron says this term like its the single most clever thing they have ever heard....but i still dont get it how libtards translates into a diss onto liberals....there is no T liberal......so what exactly is the cleverness attaching a "tard" in there....wouldnt this be more of a diss for libertarians? Atleast it has a T in it.....
    It means liberal + retard. Difference is that a liberal would want to improve conditions in prisons, a libtard will improve the prison conditions during the time of great recession. One would see the consequences of his or her decision, while another will follow his or her ideology and damn the consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm always wary of persons who claim to be fighting for "freedom", more often than not it's their freedom they care about and not others.
    well, its someone's freedom at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    It means liberal + retard. Difference is that a liberal would want to improve conditions in prisons, a libtard will improve the prison conditions during the time of great recession. One would see the consequences of his or her decision, while another will follow his or her ideology and damn the consequences.
    Boy, that's some close minded thinking right there.

It's basically the Republicans' trap card once you defeat any false logic. Pretty much means you win.

It's the same as calling someone stupid, crazy, psycho whatever. You use a title to project unrelated elements on an issue at hand and disposition the debate. Like we call someone crazy in our attempt to title and project on what we don't understand. It's easy to see when the same "crazy" person is written off by one and reached by another. Granted the crazy guy was painting his face in his enemies blood, but he use to bowl every Saturday just like me.

Here's how much value those titles present. Abraham Lincoln was a republican when he signed the emancipation proclamation. Bushes guy worked to help free slaves.

so delicious.