SSD Installation help / tips

Hey all well i recently decided to get an SSD with the prices that they are at now;

My setup first;

CPU - it 3570k
    Mobo - P8z77-v lx
    2x Internal Hard-drives

The SDD that i brought;

- SAmsung 840 EVO 120gb - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-120G...3&keywords=SSD

Now i mainly play WoW + League
    I also stream a bit and constantly have skype running + youtube / multiple tabs etc...

Now im looking for tips about SDD overall. i know never Defrag an SDD or record to one but i've been hearing about changing bios settings and all sorts.. my origional plan was to just insert it in the computer- disconnect all other hard-drives, reinstall windows so it'll be saved to the SDD, and re connect / format my old Windows drive.

Any tips? I will be putting Windows + wow + league on the SDD for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the other drives out on most newer systems is unnecessary. Just make sure the new primary drive is the first in the uefi/bios boot order and also the very top of the list during the windows setup. (Can't actually change it during windows setup but if you configured it properly in the uefi and there isn't a problem from 3rd party controllers the ssd will be top of the list.) Long as it's top of the list during windows setup you can rest assured that all of windows will be installed to the proper drive.

Deleted
    You'll need a bigger ssd for that

You want to disconnect all other drives or windows will most likely put hidden mbr files on a separate drive. You also want to have ahci tuned on in bios before install. And I would also recommend to turn off hibernation via cmd line after everything is installed. And make sure to have the drive hooked up to the intel controller on mobo for better performance and also install the latest intel rst drivers.

Hi all an update / issue with my SSD

I got my SSD today, and decided a clean install would be the best option, anyway i unplugged all my Hard drives and inserted the SSD - made sure it was on AHCI mode and installed Windows. All went well, finished installing windows and re plugged in my HDD's

I formated my old C drive (old internal HD), and made the default install location one of the hard drives, to prevent unnecessary data being installed to the SSD. I then realized my Mobo had a 6/gbs Sata port but my SSD was using the 3gb one, so i turned pc off, switched the SSD to the 6gb/s and got a windows recovery thing open... Kind of like when u have a faulty install...

Turns out my SSD is not on the booting list, tried swapping the sata cables back... Nothing..

I then noticed if i went to advanced mode in my bios -> boot the boot order there was for my Internal hard drive -=> CD and the SSD wasn't an option, HOWEVER below this is an option called "Hard Drive BBS Pirority" or something... And i could set the SSD to first on that list, which actually solved my issue.

My worry now is what caused this and will it be a re-occuring issue? All was well till i unplugged / re plugged the SSD, then it wouldn't automatically show in the boot order w/o going into advanced menus.