Thread: Omg tanks op

Omg tanks op

This should not be doable, tanks are out of control if they have the slightest clue on how to play. Lucky for us most don't.
    http://www.twitch.tv/woicis/c/3248545

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "out of controle" lel. I bet this took him a few hours of trying. Just like that dude that killed Stoneguard. If you are determined and have good gear, you can simply pull that stuff off. That has nothing to do with being out of controle. His damage is fairly balanced, his selfheal and mitigation is well timed. And he is fighting a boss with virtually nothing scary then a big healthpool. So, no magic here, just props to the tank for being patient enough to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    It actually took me 2 tries like 15 minutes, hardest part was getting people not to dispel the buff and leave me alone.

Umm, just about any tank can solo Xuen, its kind of the nature of the fight.

seriously at least link a fight that's kind of surprising, not one w/ no enrage timer and 1 easy mechanic to dodge that at least requires good use of self-healing, mitigation, and cooldowns (also top tier death strike timing and veangeance+selfhealing are pluses) to solo

It's more a case of "omg, world bosses are really easy" than anything else.

I was soloing Chi Ji the other day as Prot, but some other people joined in when they saw it was an Ally tag. Only messed up a bit because he didn't put down the safe circle thing like two times (no idea what happened, but it wasn't there at all) so I had no way to survive the AOE the second time. It was kinda fun.

While I agree with most here about the celestials being a joke, tanks are stronger now than ever. I mean, last patch me and a spriest buddy pretty much 2-manned the entire 5-man meta achievement. Now, I remember when I soloed the Utgarde Pinnacle boss for the mount every day when I was in BiS ICC gear. That was really tough, while MoP 5-man meta was a joke which I probably could solo if not the nature of some achievements.

And it's not only "old content" like 5-mans. In hardcore raiding I just never die while I'm tanking. So much passive armor and spell resistance, CDs for everything and a heal not on the GCD that will bring me up to full after a big boss hit. Tanks are more powerful than ever, and I guess it's because there's a lack of them so Blizzard gotta make us "OP".

10+ Year Old Account
    some blood DK's in great raid gear are near impossible to kill on the isle.

i was running around with a few friends and this one blood dk was like impossible to kill. so stupid.
    Hi

I have soloed 3 of the celestial bosses. It is actually extremely easy. Like he said, the hardest part is talking people into NOT helping you and getting someone to come put a Jeeves down for me at about 40%.

This is a case of world bosses being INSANELY easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    While I agree with most here about the celestials being a joke, tanks are stronger now than ever. I mean, last patch me and a spriest buddy pretty much 2-manned the entire 5-man meta achievement. Now, I remember when I soloed the Utgarde Pinnacle boss for the mount every day when I was in BiS ICC gear. That was really tough, while MoP 5-man meta was a joke which I probably could solo if not the nature of some achievements.
    I've soloed a bunch of 5-man meta achievement when I was 463ilvl.
    But, again, these dungeons are so badly tuned it's not even funny.

What Mione did in CMs, though, is really impressive.

just another LOL vengeance hasn't worked since the day it was put in, yeh 1.3m crits, 225k spellpower, a heal that ticks for like 100k hps without even needing to be cast?

always been the case if a tank can take such a beating to get stupid vengeance but not die he'll be the highest dps in the raid and be doing a retarded chunk of healing as well.

I tanked the last 3 Klaxxi bosses during Paragons of the Klaxxi Heroic without a healer, I thought that was pretty op. Soloing an outdoor boss like that is nothing but a big joke. I solo'd Yu'lon and Chi-Ji several times without any problems whatsoever.

I quite like tanks being able to solo stuff like this, my guild leader runs dungeons without a healer, it's great - I sign up as a "healer" and we essentially get a 4 dps 1 tank run so it's very fast.

Tanks need more perks like this to build the population.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy to do if you have Chi'ji and the other items available on the island. I haven't tried them all because they take like 15-20 minutes to solo, and there is absolutely no gear reason for me to do it, but I've killed Chi'ji, Xuen and Nizauo very easily.

Yeah none of the world bosses are hard to solo, its just a case of world bosses being a joke.