Question about Chain Lightning, Echo, Overload, Rolling Thunder

Let's say I cast chain lightning at five mobs.

*(@.@)* ... >(@.@)> -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/

And it overloads...

>(@.@)> -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/ -PEW-> \(x.x)/

and then it echos...

>(@.@)> -pew-> \(x.x)/ -pew-> \(x.x)/ -pew-> \(x.x)/ -pew-> \(x.x)/ -pew-> \(x.x)/

Did I just get 15 chances to collect lightning shield charges and regenerate 2% of my mana?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the answer is yes.

Quite often, I've experienced what seems like earth shocking off the fulmination, casting a CL into a pack, and getting earth shock to get the glowy border thingy even before it's off CD.

Deleted
    +1 internets for awesome graphical representation xD

But yes what you and Deathgoose said can happen quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I believe the answer is yes.

Quite often, I've experienced what seems like earth shocking off the fulmination, casting a CL into a pack, and getting earth shock to get the glowy border thingy even before it's off CD.
    Ahh, yes. I have noticed that I can actually wait until I have a full stack of fulmination, and just slightly before I finish casting CL hit earth shock, I can burn off fulmination before the shield charges proc from chain lightning that was cast millisecs before it.

I can't get this to work with flame shock and lava burst though. It's like earth shock fulmination is more instant than chain lightning but flame shock is less instant than lava blast, so it never gets the 50% bonus that way. I think it's because lava burst checks at the start of the cast for flame shock's dot, and not after while it's traveling.

Deleted
    I think it's more the other way, the lightning shield stacks take longer to 'compute' and add to your charges.
    Lava burst checks debuffs when the cast ends, which is why it's so annoying in PvP when someone dispells your Flame Shock while you're hardcasting a Lava burst.