Thread: Reroll from Dk

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Reroll from Dk

Hello everyone.I'm a dps Dk and I'm thinking on to reroll an other class in WoD. Currently we have really bad scaling with gear. I'm in our raid team, but because raid system will be better ( heroic10-20, mystic20) and we will get new dps players in the next content I really feel that i need to reroll to something better if things remain unchanged in WoD(especially if I want to keep my raid spot). We nearly at the bottom most of the fights, and it's just boring because i think i do everything what i can but the results are dissapointing. So I'm just curious about other ppl's maybe feel the same , and if they do which class they want to choose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deciding to reroll in WoD now is like deciding to wipe your butt before you take a dump. Does absolutely nothing good and the actual problem (if there is one in WoD) is yet to come.

Stay a Death Knight. Something tells me they are going to be viable again in the next expansion.

Also, Sindragosa's breath. Because who doesn't want to breath fire like a dragon?
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    If you want to reroll so you can benefit your guild better, wait until beta is out so you can see which classes perform well. And I mean late beta, because they change the classes a lot during.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    If you want to reroll so you can benefit your guild better, wait until beta is out so you can see which classes perform well. And I mean late beta, because they change the classes a lot during.
    This.

Do not reroll another class for WoD on the basis that DKs are currently supposedly bad. Wait for beta and make a decision based on that.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I rerolled from dk when they became annoying to play, basically when they introduced Blood Tap talent and Conversion as mandatory talents for pvp, including the playstyle that came with these two, forcing pvp dks to stay in blood presence and have horrible rune regen as well as needing to pay attention to blood tap charges and rune power so it never gets too low and stops Conversio. Fuck that shit.

Doing good in pve did little to change my mind into still playing it.

Playing a MM hunter now.

Deleted
    Yeah, I will wait the beta, and I can level my alts until 6.0. just have a bad day, and sit down to play wow and i felt i give it everything in our raid i can, and i where nowhere compared to others, and i want to useful for our raid team. I checked the new talents and i really love them at first sight especially the Breath of Sindragosa, and i know that every content has a looser class, maybe we were this in MoP. So yeah I'm hoping and until i practicing with the other alts, just little boring if you work hard without any good results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    i know that every content has a looser class, maybe we were this in MoP.
    Shadow Priests say hi. But yeah, wait till late beta. We don't have any idea what numbers will be like going forward. It's impossible to speculate right now.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Actually we were in a good spot at the beginning of MoP (DW) and in 5.2 (FB UH before the nerfs), so it's not like we were always at the bottom of the charts.

Deleted
    Just think that at least you are not doing as bad as shadow priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    This.

Do not reroll another class for WoD on the basis that DKs are currently supposedly bad. Wait for beta and make a decision based on that.
    Not to mention you'll get a free 90 on release. I wouldn't get too hasty about changing things just yet. Wait and see, then get it free!

Wait for beta see how everything goes, hell wait for live pretty much see whats going on get some personal experience in on various classes through the PTR's to find what you enjoy and use your free 90 to make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too soon to even start a discussion about classes in WoD. If you want to reroll that's fine, but the only thing you can base it on at the moment is what type of class you want to play.

What do you want to do? Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tanking, Healing? And then work down from there.

Melee DPS --> I want to also be able to incorperate spells like the DK does --> Enh Shaman.

or

Melee DPS --> I want to use the energy resource --> WW Monk, Cat Druid, or Rogue. I want to be able to escape from battles easily --> Rogue or Feral. I want to be able to get into PUG grps and raids fairly quickly --> Feral Druid can offspec tank or heals to get into PUGs fast.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Too soon to even start a discussion about classes in WoD. If you want to reroll that's fine, but the only thing you can base it on at the moment is what type of class you want to play.

What do you want to do? Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tanking, Healing? And then work down from there.

Melee DPS --> I want to also be able to incorperate spells like the DK does --> Enh Shaman.

or

Melee DPS --> I want to use the energy resource --> WW Monk, Cat Druid, or Rogue. I want to be able to escape from battles easily --> Rogue or Feral. I want to be able to get into PUG grps and raids fairly quickly --> Feral Druid can offspec tank or heals to get into PUGs fast.
    This might be silly, but for any new and returning players, I really feel like there should be a sticky'd post that helps people narrow down classes choices, almost exactly like what you've typed above. Some type of "follow the arrows", "this is what your left with" in a bigger broader detail.

Would be a super helpful resource, especially for altoholics

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    There's only two melee specs in top 10 dps on heroic modes.As always its rogues and warriors. Dks have had a great exp if you see over all tiers.

Deleted
    compared to rogues warlocks and mages?...nope top all exp

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    There's only two melee specs in top 10 dps on heroic modes.As always its rogues and warriors. Dks have had a great exp if you see over all tiers.
    there are windwalker monks and quite a few feral druids.
    There's even a rare ret pally and a frost dk

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Hello everyone.I'm a dps Dk and I'm thinking on to reroll an other class in WoD. Currently we have really bad scaling with gear.
    stopped reading here, please delete your DK and never enter that forum branch again. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    stopped reading here, please delete your DK and never enter that forum branch again. Ever.
    Why? He´s right at least partially. DKs in general have really bad scaling with secondary stats. Seeing as secondary stats are all that matter at the end of an expansion, DKs will always be bad at the end. Unless they change some basic mechanics about both frost and unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Except that he is 100% right. I too will be leaving DK's, because it is just no fun gaining gear and watching EVERY OTHER FUCKING SPEC zoom past you. I don't like starting strong and finishing weak as hell. It completely kills one of the main features of the game (for me anyway), which is character power progression. You can say "wait till Beta" and the like, but DKs have been this way since at least 4.0 and Blizzard has demonstrated that they don't think its a problem by just repeatedly buffing base damage at the start of every single tier.