Page 1 of 3
LastLast

- Colin Farrell Talks about Warcraft movie -

From SHH

"Don’t know what’s happening, man. I read the script, if that’s any use to you, and it’s amazing....Duncan was cool. I sat with Duncan for awhile and read the script, loved the script, and we was as cool as can be. I don’t know what’s happening with the film. I don’t know where they are in the process...It’s just a world that I never explored — and it’s a really big and fantastical world. I can’t imagine what he, being as visually gifted as he is, Duncan, and what he did on Moon with, like, a dime, I can’t imagine what he’d do with this Warcraft."

When asked what character he might be playing, Farrell replyed:

"Can I? I probably shouldn’t. I don’t even know, actually, I’ll just say that! I don’t even know. We were just talking, and Duncan just said, “There might be something in it for you!” And I said, “Catering?” [Laughs]"
    Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sergioquijadaart
    Webpage: http://www.sergioquijada.cl
    Twitter: @sergioquijada
    Instagram: @sergioquijada

Oh wow, I'm pretty cool with that exchange. Doesn't seem like the typical hollywood "let me fluff my next project" interview; but that could just be Farrell's persona, don't know much about him other than the 3-4 roles I've really enjoyed him in.

I'd be totally cool with seeing him play some sort of dwarf in the Warcraft universe; speculation about it being an Arthas centered plotline means he could play Muradin pretty well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Oh wow, I'm pretty cool with that exchange. Doesn't seem like the typical hollywood "let me fluff my next project" interview; but that could just be Farrell's persona, don't know much about him other than the 3-4 roles I've really enjoyed him in.

I'd be totally cool with seeing him play some sort of dwarf in the Warcraft universe; speculation about it being an Arthas centered plotline means he could play Muradin pretty well...
    Colin Farrell as a dwarf? Hand me whatever you're smoking, it's obviously some good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they cast a few unknowns and new people. I don't want to see LOTR & harry potter people in it. A few good names of reputable actors and then a cream of new faces.

imagine how stupid it would be if gandalf popped up, just no.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Garthul View Post
    Colin Farrell as a dwarf? Hand me whatever you're smoking, it's obviously some good stuff.
    Actually he wouldn't make a bad gnome.....I'm actually imaging it now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    As long as they cast a few unknowns and new people. I don't want to see LOTR & harry potter people in it. A few good names of reputable actors and then a cream of new faces.

imagine how stupid it would be if gandalf popped up, just no.
    Lead actor from Vikings it supposedly being looked at as well. I think he would make a great Lothar.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lead actor from Vikings it supposedly being looked at as well. I think he would make a great Lothar.
    Aside from his uncommonly huge and expressive eyebrows, nothing about him really screams gnome or dwarf to me.

This is gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I think you're on to something...

10+ Year Old Account
    You would need an older dude to play Lothar. Lothar was somehwere in his late 50's to 60's in WCII if I remember correctly, and WCI wasn't that much before that.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Deleted
    "omagaaad... omagaaaad it's amazin!, I love it! I read it and I love it! o ma gaaad! Its cool!!"

It's like asking Metzen about future wow expansion or future story. same words. omagaaad

But WHO will play Anduin Lothar and Durotan? That, is the question!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    But WHO will play Anduin
    it better not be Joffrey from game of thrones.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it better not be Joffrey from game of thrones.
    That guy is an excellent actor

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That guy is an excellent actor
    He ain't a guy, but yes, the child is a great actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthul View Post
    Aside from his uncommonly huge and expressive eyebrows, nothing about him really screams gnome or dwarf to me.
    His accent, first and foremost, can absolutely be twisted into something dwarven. You nailed it with the hairy eyebrows and decidedly hairy rest of his physique; also in films they tend to have this thing called movie magic which can turn a normal human-sized human into a dwarf (ala the Hobbit) or even swap that idea and make a normal human-sized human into a giant (Robbie Coltrane in Harry Potter); so use that imagination buddy, I think Farrell would make an EXCELLENT dwarf.

Also, it's a strain my guy calls 'black haze' and it really is dank. I'd share if the internet let me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    He ain't a guy, but yes, the child is a great actor.
    Jack Gleeson is 21 years old if that's who you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    His accent, first and foremost, can absolutely be twisted into something dwarven.
    Dwarves have a scottish accent, not irish.

No I don't want any Collin Fail Farrels in our Movie. He doesn't even know wtf the movie is about.... At least he is honest with it. I've seen quite a couple of his movies and every time is a let down especially that Atrocity Hollywood made called Total Recall. The more unknown actors we get. The BETTER for that movie to follow a huge success. They said they wanted to top LOTR. Collin Farrel takes that away in a heartbeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    No I don't want any Collin Fail Farrels in our Movie. He doesn't even know wtf the movie is about.... At least he is honest with it. I've seen quite a couple of his movies and every time is a let down especially that Atrocity Hollywood made called Total Recall. The more unknown actors we get. The BETTER for that movie to follow a huge success. They said they wanted to top LOTR. Collin Farrel takes that away in a heartbeat.
    Yes let's take only actors who know what warcraft is. I'm sure we will end up with only award winning actors that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Dwarves have a scottish accent, not irish.
    I along with many other Americans appreciate the nuance of both Scottish and Irish accents; with that said if you believe an actor with 20 plus years of experience like Farrell CAN'T produce a passable Scottish when the Irish and the Scottish accents are so similar then you're kidding yourself.

Also dwarven accents are northern european in general, not Scottish specifically. The dwarves in world of warcraft all have the same Scottish accent because thats simply how Blizzard chose to do it, instead of having 50 different nationalities of dwarves with slightly different accents populating the world. I'm sure there are trolls that don't have the rasta-bend on their speech pattern too, but because the lore trolls in WoW all speak with it, most people assume they all have it as well.