Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I really hope Blizzard fixes the Undead models

They should make them more like the censored Chinese version. I don't like the bones sticking out of the hands, feet, elbows and knees. OK Blizzard, we get it. They're undead. We don't need a stupid art choice to show it 24/7. Why does every piece of clothing break off on those parts? It's just ugly.

Look at the Chinese models fully armored. Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    They should make them more like the censored Chinese version. I don't like the bones sticking out of the hands, feet, elbows and knees. OK Blizzard, we get it. They're undead. We don't need a stupid art choice to show it 24/7. Why does every piece of clothing break off on those parts? It's just ugly.

Look at the Chinese models fully armored. Looks pretty good.
    a good idea for opening a thread like this would be to provide a source or pics of said chinese models. also, i personally love how they look now so.... no.

Deleted
    Always hated the bones things to, but I guess they are abit afraid of them looking just like a hunching humans without those (when armored).

Quote Originally Posted by joshwright View Post
    chinese models?

Exposed bone is taboo in their culture. Or at least to their government.

On topic. Probably won't happen. Too big of a change to the existing model.

The Chinese models just look like pasty, hunched over humans. 'Undead' indeed.

10+ Year Old Account

Here is an example. THat is Morrowgar from ICC in China..... the censoring makes him creepy as fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It's only taboo for a western-made game. Plenty of domestic Chinese games do it. It's just China trying to boost their domestic market by forcing that kind of thing on major western games.

EDIT: Ok, so Chinese Marrowgar is the exception and is legitimately terrifying.

Undeads are the citizens of the former Lordaeron so them looking human isn't against lore or anything. I would want the same thing as OP, that when you have armor on, the bones are no longer visible.

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    It's just ugly.
    That's your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the new undead to be really creepy... like pedo level creepy looking

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

On topic. Probably won't happen. Too big of a change to the existing model.
    It has nothing to do with our culture. If you knew any Chinese WoW player you will know we hate this model with a passion. Why would OP want this crap over the new fancy one is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have an option for an eye-ball hanging out of a socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    It has nothing to do with our culture.
    supposedly the chinese govt put restrictions on blizz before they released wow in china because of government rules about bones and skeletons etc
    Hi

Chinese model just looks like a kind of sick, bit underweight human. Personally I think the bones are what currently makes the models as of now and I hope that they not only stay look better with the model updates.

just like people who want orcs to stand up straight. which is more likely to piss people off?

the people who want the things changed but have already been used to having it this way?

or people who have played these characters for years having it different.

and for the people who say have both be an option, wheres my both option for blood elves? wheres my both option for humans? you cant have both unless everyone gets a both
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm with the OP, honestly. It pisses me off on a physiological level. How the fuck do they even move? If there is nothing but bone at all of their joints they should not be able to walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I'm with the OP, honestly. It pisses me off on a physiological level. How the fuck do they even move? If there is nothing but bone at all of their joints they should not be able to walk.
    Magic. Just like how skeletons move. My question is how does hamstring work on an undead when they can already move without tendons?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Magic. Just like how skeletons move.
    Yes, just how Magic keeps half a robe sleeve dangling from their wrist as every robe is mysteriously torn in the exact same place, but only for that race. I find it dumb.