Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    50$ for legendary? Sounds a bit expensive.
    Mounts in blizzstore usually cost about 20$.

But if you have ideas like that some other MMORPG, like lineage(or archeage) will suit you better than wow.
    what world do you live in where 250k gold cost 50 bucks lol...

but ya 250k gold requirement is dumb. youd have more casual raiders or the ones who play WoW to play the AH with the cloak than most raiders. most raiders make sure they have enough for gems/enchants/misc. for raid. i only log in to do my farm and raid as im sure ALOT of raiders do as well.

Gating legendaries behind time doesn't make them more legendary, making them exclusive to a subset of specs doesn't either. Gating them behind economic success will fail also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had 3.4 million at most, and no, I would never pay that much for a cloak I can get through other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But that's all, just 250k gold.

That's an easily reachable target given 6+ months.

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.
    What was the point of this topic? Not only will there never be a 'legendary for gold' vendor, 5.4 has come and gone and there was (surprise) no legendary vendor.

For a 25 man guild with a 32-35 man roster we're talking about 8-9 million gold. Put very simply I'm not sure there is even that much gold currently in circulation (that is held by active players) on my realm. It isn't like my realm is some backwater either, its a pretty standard moderate population (2K-4K raiders by WoWProgress) realm. If there is 8-9 million gold on my realm a sizable chunk of it is held by a small number of wealthy players who don't spend all that much.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

no point since me for example, i always stack 400-500k before an expansion releases, so dumping 250k on day 1 for a bis item is ez.

end of cata as a guild we had 3 capped guild banks and multiple people at player cap, so such a requirement makes no sense from a raiding pov.

Advocating the use of bots much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Also, this will just mean goldsellers will have payday.
    /thread

a lot of people would just be like fuck this i'll just buy 250k gold to get my legendary cloak so i can stay competitive.

Deleted

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.
    There's only one group who would benefit from this, the gold sellers...

Do you think the current legendary cloak won't be obsolete in the next (I think you meant) expansion?

Is collecting sigils/runestones/valor/whatever not also "endlessly grinding"?
    The BIGGEST difference is that the steps for the Legendary cloak were being accomplished while I did what I do every week: raiding. With the occasional misstep (the two PvP BGs), there was nothing in the legendary quest line I wouldn't do while doing what I do every week.

But this 250k gold idea, I'd have to grind and grind for gold ON TOP of what I already do? No thanks. I don't want WoW to become a nearly full-time job. I already got one of those, and it's stressful enough. I come to WoW to enjoy myself, not grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Not everyone has the entire day to farm gold. I certainly don't want to spend my game time endlessly grinding to reach 250k, and then watch it all vanish for a legendary that will be obsolete in the next patch. I have no doubts people can reach that 250k mark much easier than other people because they have more time and patients, but if you think farming gold is actually fun, you may want to get your head checked. Or at least consider going into the gold farming business.
    I believe farming is fun to some degree, as long as the process is interesting and the reward worth it. I had an insane amount of fun farming elementals in blades edge mountain back in TBC on my frost mage. I made a custom spec so I could aoe like 10+ of them down. The motes of fire I used to create my shadoweave set, which was a very strong epic gearset back then. No matter how boring it seems, the process of AoEing those mobs down and gathering all the items from them, and getting closer and closer to my epix was fun for me. Another fun part was that these farm spots were always quite popular with pvpers, so I had so much fun owning hordies that were trying to steal my spot aswell (frost mages were very strong in pvp back then).

I enjoyed farming allot. And I'm sure many that played TBC did so with me.

Deleted
    Fucking no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    I would buy 250k gold for 100-150euros.
    Would have it at day 1
    It's as simple as this: every raider would feel forced to RMT. Gold is the one commodity Blizzard has the least control over. 250k gold is a goblin number btw- not a raider number.

Absolutely pointless.

I wish the MoP legendary questline had given everything it did but that the border color was just purple. Then, all of this ridiculousness about it wouldn't be an issue.

I don't think OP understands market/competition. 250k is a VERY good amount to be making over that amount of time. I'm not going to say "easy" because it's not unless you know what you're doing and how to make the money.

But if EVERYONE was trying to make 250k in that time using the same methods.. NOONE would be able to make the money. Making money depends on having people to buy things off you. if ALL those people who would be buying things off you are instead, trying to make money the same methods that you are than the entire market is going to more and more become a jumbled mess. Prices will hit rock-bottom and pretty much no-one will actually be making the 250k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Absolutely pointless.

I wish the MoP legendary questline had given everything it did but that the border color was just purple. Then, all of this ridiculousness about it wouldn't be an issue.
    People who complain about the MoP legendary being a "Welfare" legendary are just elitist idiots so I ignore them. The MoP capes were by FAR the biggest and most painful mind-numbingly dull grind for a legendary I have ever to see in game. How the hell people can call that a welfare legendary, and the act like the other legendaries were SO much more hard work. In BC some of them were even just random drops FFS. I'd argue it probably takes more commitment to have had to put up with THAT man LFR groups and idiots than it was to just run the raids with your friends/guild.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    why should everyone have legendary? it's LEGENDARY, should be 0.000001% of the total playerbase that has it.. would have some actual feel for it, now it's just inflated.. first they started handing out purples to bad players and casuals, now even legendarys..

gg blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I honestly have no idea which easily doable ordinary activities can give you 2-3k per hour consistently
    Most of them involve heavy farming or flipping items on the AH (buy low, sell high). But all of the gold rates of those activities would plummet as soon as a good portion of the playerbase starts doing that as well. Anything that involves the AH would fail because of players stockpiling gold, instead of spending it.

The best methods of getting gold in that situation would be questing and grinding mobs and vendoring everything. If you average a daily at 25 gold (including money reward and mob drops), that would mean 10.000 dailies. Spread over 6 months that would be over 55 dailies a day.

It would be a good way to get rid of subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Stupid suggestion.

Though they should make a purchaseabe " the incredibly wealthy" title for 900k

Not a bad idea actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    what world do you live in where 250k gold cost 50 bucks lol...
    Does not really matter which realm you are at. Mounts are account wide.
    So you can create a lvl1 alt character on russian server and buy cheap gold there. A bit tricky but doable. My guildies did this trick to buy rare mounts(like Invincible) 5-10 times cheaper than it would've cost them on their realm.

I would never pay 250k gold for an item that is only useful for one tier on one character. I don't care if we are serious about heroic progression and I don't care I sit on more than 2 gold caps, I would never do that. It is plain stupidity.

Deleted
    The only people who don't already have over 250k gold are the ones selling it to gold sellers.