Random dungeon ques - Getting kicked for wanting to do them.

Well, this has been happening more and more, and it seems to be a common occurrence when leveling. Situation - you just random qued into a dungeon, and somebody in the group (most of the time it's the tank) immediately wants to "re-que" with his group into specific dungeons without bonus XP.

If you voice that you DON'T want to reque, and that you actually want to do the dungeon you got random qued into, half the time I get kicked out of the group, and I'll usually try to pull as many trash groups as possible so at least I don't get the 30 minute deserter debuff on my way out. (hoping I don't die or wipe the group in the process of trying to tank the mobs by myself while they all try to wait out the timer)

Should this be addressed? I feel like people shouldn't be able to specific que immediately after random queing, and that would fix it up by itself. Putting the 15 minute timer on both until the dungeon is complete. (or let them take the 30 minute debuff from leaving)

If you're booted out of the group, you don't get a deserter debuff, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If you're booted out of the group, you don't get a deserter debuff, do you?
    If you're kicked early enough, yes you do. That's one of the changes they made around t14 I believe. (they changed it because people were using the votekick system to circumvent the debuff)
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-11-17 at 01:19 PM.

I haven't leveled a lowbie character in a while, but it seems kind of silly, that the tank doesn't just queue for the specific dungeon to begin with. Can't imagine it would take that much longer for the tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um, you don't get deserter if you're removed by the party. Only if you remove yourself.

As for the latter, queue with friends is all I can suggest. Or roll a tank and be the boss.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I haven't leveled a lowbie character in a while, but it seems kind of silly, that the tank doesn't just queue for the specific dungeon to begin with. Can't imagine it would take that much longer for the tank.
    Well, the reason they're doing it is because they want the bonus XP, but they also want the dungeon with quests (or whatever, the dungeon they 'like') and if they don't get it with the random try, they'll just try to force everyone into the specific que.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Um, you don't get deserter if you're removed by the party. Only if you remove yourself.
    You are incorrect, I already explained this.

Deleted
    I have only experienced this when the random dungeon is gnomeregan and in that case have no issues with reque

Half the time? Odd.
    I've done thousands of dungeons to level up and never experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

As for the latter, queue with friends is all I can suggest. Or roll a tank and be the boss.
    You get deserter debuff if you're kicked/leaving before you've killed a boss.

To OP:
    Might be they kick you because they consider you a troll for pulling trash etc. Dunno.
    I haven't had the problem myself. Can't remember anything but a "urk, not this one again", and then going through it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    Half the time? Odd.
    I've done thousands of dungeons to level up and never experienced this.
    Half of the time when I get a tank that doesn't want to do the random dungeon he/she qued into. Not half of all the dungeons I do.

Either you 'convince' them to actually suck it up and do the dungeon, or you get kicked. (or they do, and a lot of times groups will just side with the tank because they don't want to wait for another one in que, etc)
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-11-17 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Ouch, Sorry to hear this.

A Lot better than it was in the old days!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Well, this has been happening more and more, and it seems to be a common occurrence when leveling. Situation - you just random qued into a dungeon, and somebody in the group (most of the time it's the tank) immediately wants to "re-que" with his group into specific dungeons without bonus XP.

If you voice that you DON'T want to reque, and that you actually want to do the dungeon you got random qued into, half the time I get kicked out of the group, and I'll usually try to pull as many trash groups as possible so at least I don't get the 30 minute deserter debuff on my way out. (hoping I don't die or wipe the group in the process of trying to tank the mobs by myself while they all try to wait out the timer)

Should this be addressed? I feel like people shouldn't be able to specific que immediately after random queing, and that would fix it up by itself. Putting the 15 minute timer on both until the dungeon is complete. (or let them take the 30 minute debuff from leaving)
    It should be addressed in a case that a level 80 can't do random WotLK dungeon queues, that'd fix it, otherwise the only way to carry on an 80 twink 1 shotting everything is to queue for multiple dungeons, if you don't want to, there's a leave dungeon button.

Deleted
    I haven't had a deserter buff in months now and i often rage quit due to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    I haven't had a deserter buff in months now and i often rage quit due to other people.
    Whether or not you get the deserter debuff is indicative of how long you've been in the group, and nothing else. I don't know exactly how long you have to be in the group to NOT get the debuff, but whether you're kicked or you leave the group willingly is irrelevant to whether or not you get it.

It becomes irritating when this happens. I was leveling an alt once and I hit 69 and was able to queue for Utgarde Keep. We get in and the first thing that happens is a ret pally (with 0 healing gear) queues in as a healer and has no idea what is going on..but wants to requeue into BC dungeons. I spoke up and said no. They started calling me fucktard. I in turn initiated the vote kick on that pally with the reason "fucktard"..nobody bothered to read who the kick was for cause immediatly, that pally was kicked before they realized what just happened