WOD achievement ideas

Hey i thought we could make a thread with achievement ideas.

I can start with pre 6.1 explorer or ground mount explorer or something like that. Where you explore all areas in new outland before you can use flying mounts.

Other ideas?

Deleted
    Going To Need An Even Bigger Bag, where you have to collect 1% drop rates from every rare, and every time you log on it deletes a random rare item from the achievement category, forcing all 50 items to be in your bags.

Yeah, that achievement still haunts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    Going To Need An Even Bigger Bag, where you have to collect 1% drop rates from every rare, and every time you log on it deletes a random rare item from the achievement category, forcing all 50 items to be in your bags.

Yeah, that achievement still haunts me.
    And each of the items has 10 minute duration as well, the achievement resets when one dissappears

Deleted
    I hope they're bringing some class related achievements! Like for (really bad) example: "Polymorph 1,10,25,100,... enemies" or "Kill 15 enemies at once with arcane explosion"

There would be sooooo much more achievements to get

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I hope they're bringing some class related achievements! Like for (really bad) example: "Polymorph 1,10,25,100,... enemies" or "Kill 15 enemies at once with arcane explosion"

There would be sooooo much more achievements to get
    That would really suck for achievement hunters though.. I mean, it pretty forces you to play classes you do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    That would really suck for achievement hunters though.. I mean, it pretty forces you to play classes you do not like.
    Maybe it would be possible to make it something less specific. Like "Kill X amount of enemies" (all mobs included) or "CC X amount of enemies". (This would include shackle, polymorph, sap, stuns, fears etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Maybe it would be possible to make it something less specific. Like "Kill X amount of enemies" (all mobs included) or "CC X amount of enemies". (This would include shackle, polymorph, sap, stuns, fears etc)
    That is a more possible solution. But hey, they are already forcing ppl to get x amount of professions so why not make it even more alt depending ^^

Don't be so narrowminded. We can have one achievement, that changes itself based on your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Cookie Frenzy" - Eat at least one of each of the following cookies within 6 seconds.

- Fortune Cookie
    - Chocolate Cookie
    - Gingerbread Cookie
    - Winterveil Cookie

PS. Blizz, add more cookies. Guild Wars is beating you by a long shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I'm sorry, but that sort of attitude is pretty silly. Most achievement hunters I know do them because they offer an alternative experience that one would not normally do, and I believe that is the intention of achievements. No one "forces" you to do achievements. Its like saying "Ugh adding Pet Battle achievements forces us to do pet battles." "Putting arena achievements forces us to do arena." "Putting raiding achievements forces us to raid". That is just insanely silly.

Putting in specific class achievements is a great idea, it was one of the things I found most fun about Diablo's achievement system for example. It encouraged me to play classes like Barb and Monk that I normally wouldn't, and I enjoyed it.

To put it into a WoW perspective, the 5 level 90s achieve might encourage people to play another class, or the double agent one might give you some fun seeing the opposite storylines in places, or the proving ground achievements might get you to try out healing which you thought you might not be good at.

There are already a solid amount of achievements that require a different character to accomplish, and I don't think the expansion of that line of systems is bad for the game, it gives incentives to play in other ways. It doesn't "force" you to do anything, its a choice. I'm genuinely sorry that you believe adding achievements makes you feel forced to do something, that sounds like a very sad way to play a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    I'm genuinely sorry that you believe adding achievements makes you feel forced to do something, that sounds like a very sad way to play a game.
    It does not make me feel forced to do anything as I am not even close to being a hardcore achievement hunter. But this has come up since the day achievements was implented. The ones that really really tried to get every achievement usually do not like the concept from what I have read over the years.

Sure, you can compare it to D3. But there is 5 classes in D3, not even half of the classes in WoW. Making alt or role achievements is a fun idea. But I do not think class specific is a good idea. Role achievements lets you find the class and specc you like while class achievements is more like "If you wan't this, you have to play your hate class for x ammount of time".

10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    Achievement #1: That was not vary nice. goal: throw a snow ball at all the end game raid bosses.
    Achievement #2: Who shot me! goal: shot at all the heroic dungeon bosses using the red rider air rifle.

Deleted
    It does not make me feel forced to do anything as I am not even close to being a hardcore achievement hunter. But this has come up since the day achievements was implented. The ones that really really tried to get every achievement usually do not like the concept from what I have read over the years.

Sure, you can compare it to D3. But there is 5 classes in D3, not even half of the classes in WoW. Making alt or role achievements is a fun idea. But I do not think class specific is a good idea. Role achievements lets you find the class and specc you like while class achievements is more like "If you wan't this, you have to play your hate class for x ammount of time".
    I totally understand what you're saying, but I think that (nearly) nobody actually should be able to complete all of the available achievements. I guess it's just my opinion that only few people share.

Anyway for me it would just be awesome. It would keep me trying different classes and I would have something do try while leveling, cause right now I think leveling is really boring, except you're leveling a tank - that's just awesome

I'd like to return to a large number of raiding achievements like Ulduar had. With the flex raid size and relaxed lockout system there's no reason to not have a bajillion of them, some of them very difficult!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)

Then I don't think you have a case. The people you talk of have done many more achievements that have huge time investments, more than any type of achievement requested here. And the people who have that amount of time (and dedication) more than likely have classes leveled up, so it wouldn't be adding any more time.

Plus we shouldn't be restricting enjoyment for the masses because the few upper percentile of people don't like the thought of it.

Also, why would someone WANT an achievement on a class they HATE? Mutually exclusive until you start getting into the territory of being "forced" and at that point, the fact that achievements are a choice trumps that.
    Last edited by Ryken; 2013-11-20 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Then I don't think you have a case. The people you talk of have done many more achievements that have huge time investments, more than any type of achievement requested here. And the people who have that amount of time (and dedication) more than likely have classes leveled up, so it wouldn't be adding any more time.

Plus we shouldn't be restricting enjoyment for the masses because the few upper percentile of people don't like the thought of it.

Also, why would someone WANT an achievement on a class they HATE? Mutually exclusive until you start getting into the territory of being "forced" and at that point, the fact that achievements are a choice trumps that.
    Why aren't you reading my post before answering? It is not about time, it is about being "forced" to play a class you might not enjoy.. There are people going for every achievement in the game because they get the feeling of "completing" the game. As I said, having achievement for different roles looks alot better than for every class in my opinion. But I guess I only have a case when my opinion is the same as yours.

Fos 'Kill 'em all'
    Kill all raid bosses of classic, BC, wotlk, Cataclysm, and Mop in 1 day.
    title: ______________
    mount: ridable Sha

- - - Updated - - -

'Weekly plan in one day'
    complete 175 daily quests in one day

- - - Updated - - -

'%achiev_name%'
    Complete '%quest_name%' during Midsummer without using any mounts, flymasters, skills and portals and without dying
    quest: bring 'torch of eternal fire' to flymasters in Uldum,Hyjal,Silithus,Thousand needles, Dustwallow marsh. Quest starts in stonetalon mountains.

- - - Updated - - -

Fos 'Kill 'em all'(heroic)
    Kill all raid bosses of classic, BC, wotlk, Cataclysm, and Mop in 1 day in hardest possible difficulty, and after that kill Captain Cookie in normal mode. You can't die more than 3 times.
    Last edited by Anufis; 2013-11-21 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    'Weekly plan in one day'
    complete 175 daily quests in one day
    Fun idea, but doubt they will implent it as they said that there will be few to no dailies in WoD.

Ofc you can go back to MoP, Cata etc to do dailies but I do not think they will implent an achievement that almost purely focuses on previous expansions.