Angry Does this annoy anyone else?

"Sigh. Tanks in Arena are rarely fun for anyone but the tank."
    -Ghostcrawler

Back in burning crusade when Tanks literally did 1/10th the damage OR LESS than that of a damage dealer we never saw tanks in Arena.

In wrath they gave tanks decent damage and arena players complained, were ignored, and blizzard said something along the lines of: Trying to make all specs viable for PvP.

Thanks for starting to realize your mistake blizzard.

Ghostcrawler is full of bullshit. By this line of reasoning, healers should also be removed from the arena.

It should be "Sigh. Blood Dks in arena aren't fun for anyone but the people playing them."

That being said, I loved prot pvp both on my warrior and paladin back in wrath. Yes, the damage was extremely retarded, but I just loved being a Sword 'n Board damage dealer. I wonder what prot will be like in WoD with the removal of dodge and parry.

Great survival, great damage, huge healthpool, and great self healing. You don't get to get all of those things in pvp. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Ghostcrawler is full of bullshit. By this line of reasoning, healers should also be removed from the arena.
    Removing healers from arena is actually not a bad idea

Just add something like 90% damage reduction on arenas to make fights longer and remove all healing from arenas.

Honestly I doubt that players care if tanks play arena. What they do care about is balance. If tanks on arena are not balanced then playing against them is not fun.

Stealthers too. This concept is clearly not fair either, since mos stealthers use so long to open that i can make tea before the fight starts.
    So remove: Tanks, Healers, Stealthers, 2v2(because that sucks anyway), and warriors because nobody likes them now :<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Stealthers too. This concept is clearly not fair either, since mos stealthers use so long to open that i can make tea before the fight starts.
    So remove: Tanks, Healers, Stealthers, 2v2(because that sucks anyway), and warriors because nobody likes them now :<
    Yes please! Maybe warlocks too, fear sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmm, tanks are garbage in arenas. Ive never faced a team with a prot on it that we didnt steamroll. Im sure others would agree.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

Just add something like 90% damage reduction on arenas to make fights longer and remove all healing from arenas.

Honestly I doubt that players care if tanks play arena. What they do care about is balance. If tanks on arena are not balanced then playing against them is not fun.
    with this reasoning then everyone should just roll tanks...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    It should be "Sigh. Blood Dks in arena aren't fun for anyone but the people playing them."

That being said, I loved prot pvp both on my warrior and paladin back in wrath. Yes, the damage was extremely retarded, but I just loved being a Sword 'n Board damage dealer. I wonder what prot will be like in WoD with the removal of dodge and parry.
    They're not being removed in the sense that you seem to be inadvertently suggesting- they're simply being removed as stats available directly through itemization (ie. +Dodge Rating/+Parry Rating). Agility and Strength will still increase them respectively, and developers will no doubt continue to push 'Active Avoidance/Mitigation' abilities for tanking. Hope that clears things up a bit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're a gladiator or someone who is constantly contesting for r1, your feedback to PvP is unneeded. "We should remove healers from arena" yea and maybe we should just scrap healers in general and just have DPS that survive through special magic. If you're having to bitch about tanks in arena, chances are you're a noob. You won't find tanks at high rating because it's not viable. So if you're admitting to hating tanks in arena, that means you're a 1500 champion who can't get out of that mmr. Tanks in arena = win, because it's easy to lock them down and their damage isn't high enough to be a threat. Also they have no bursty CD's, they might to sustainable damage, but it's not going to be massive crits here and there.

This is why PvP went to shit, blizzard took advice from the playerbase, but they didn't categorize the players. Mixed in w/ amazing feedback from gladiators, was idiotic noob talk from idiots who can't get past 1500 rating. Those types of players gave horrid feedback like this very thread. They complained about something that wasn't relevant, but blizzard still goes ahead and makes changes for that very reason, which affect multiple comps because the class was slightly tweeked. I witnessed this happen throughout Wotlk and Cata. Classes were constantly changing... "such n such class doesn't do enough dps in PvE, fix it!" later that class becomes OP in PvP and someone complains about, then blizzard finally fixes it, so all the noobs who abused the OP class go to the tank spec. Noobs face the tank and die because they don't know anything about PvP, so they look at it as OP instead of them being noobs and not rotating their CD's properly or LoS enough.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    @crackerjack. Your first scentence is condescending and everything that is wrong with the wow community these days. Not to mention just plain inncorrect.

However everything else you said is fu**ing spot on. If ppl are losing to tank comps in the arena they are failing. No question.

Tanks are garbage in the arena

Edit: I also play enhance. /highfive
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-11-17 at 05:28 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would, balance would be a lot easier.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

It should be noted that tank damage is going up in WoD, as they're becoming less reliant on Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Unless you're a gladiator or someone who is constantly contesting for r1, your feedback to PvP is unneeded. "We should remove healers from arena" yea and maybe we should just scrap healers in general and just have DPS that survive through special magic. If you're having to bitch about tanks in arena, chances are you're a noob. You won't find tanks at high rating because it's not viable. So if you're admitting to hating tanks in arena, that means you're a 1500 champion who can't get out of that mmr. Tanks in arena = win, because it's easy to lock them down and their damage isn't high enough to be a threat. Also they have no bursty CD's, they might to sustainable damage, but it's not going to be massive crits here and there.

This is why PvP went to shit, blizzard took advice from the playerbase, but they didn't categorize the players. Mixed in w/ amazing feedback from gladiators, was idiotic noob talk from idiots who can't get past 1500 rating. Those types of players gave horrid feedback like this very thread. They complained about something that wasn't relevant, but blizzard still goes ahead and makes changes for that very reason, which affect multiple comps because the class was slightly tweeked. I witnessed this happen throughout Wotlk and Cata. Classes were constantly changing... "such n such class doesn't do enough dps in PvE, fix it!" later that class becomes OP in PvP and someone complains about, then blizzard finally fixes it, so all the noobs who abused the OP class go to the tank spec. Noobs face the tank and die because they don't know anything about PvP, so they look at it as OP instead of them being noobs and not rotating their CD's properly or LoS enough.
    Umm double blood dk has been rank 1 viable in cata and mist of pandaria just letting you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

Rogues, Ferals, and Hunters would dominate they have a 100% guaranteed opener. Healers make arena fun 3v3 wise without them it would be like s11 triple dps all over again where they could pop cds and /lol at people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Ummmm, tanks are garbage in arenas. Ive never faced a team with a prot on it that we didnt steamroll. Im sure others would agree.
    Double blood dk wasn't if you fought a decent one but they nerfed that so its all good and in wotlk prot was strong as well. All tanks were really good in cata at the start of season 11 and made capping really fucking annoying.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.