Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    don't say everyone then when it's just you that's whining.
    I'll say what I want thanks. If you cant take it in context thats your problem not mine.

Well.
    lets start here
    LFR is for "Casuals" (Or so they say, but its ze badkids)
    Anyhow!

Casuals arent the quick levelers, or people putting time to needing LFR to be released later, while they can still get gear and crap.
    Also, it gives time for heroic raiders to know fights + get gear to carry the shitstorm LFR will be + is.

Presumably you're talking about this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Current plan (could change) is N and H on week two, Mythic on week three (if you've beaten H) and LFR after that.
    First thing to point out, it means that it would be ONE week before N/H unlock, just like MSV unlocked 1 week after launch of MoP. That way they *open* on week 2. Cycle that forward and LFR would open on week 4, not wait 4 weeks and then open on week 5. You're exaggerating the wait by a week in all cases.

Second thing, it very clearly says the plans could change.

As far as my opinion goes, I support the gating process on LFR because despite what you might think, mythic quality raiders need to do LFR for set bonuses and etc. early on in each patch. If they opened at the same time (or earlier) it would be even more necessary as you only get so much loot per raid.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chishikaru View Post
    Lol sounds like an LFR hero is upset!
    I'd be pretty upset, as it means that Blizzard like trying to cut more people out of LFR when it's already hurting for tanks.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I hope they wait longer, honestly. Maybe a solid month?

Basically, I don't want LFR DPS spammers healing heroics for me after the first month the expansion's been out. And here in Pandland, I'm strictly and LFR tank (513 currently), so I assure you my opinion isn't from doing heroic modes or anything.

Insults aren't invalidation of facts. They're insults.

You don't get to be right just because you're offended.
    1. it is a solid month.....as it quite clearly states.

2. No, it does not make me right. However it does mean I tend to ignore the points of people who cant manage to make a post without insulting someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Presumably you're talking about this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Current plan (could change) is N and H on week two, Mythic on week three (if you've beaten H) and LFR after that.
    First thing to point out, it means that it would be ONE week before N/H unlock, just like MSV unlocked 1 week after launch of MoP. That way they *open* on week 2. Cycle that forward and LFR would open on week 4, not wait 4 weeks and then open on week 5. You're exaggerating the wait by a week in all cases.

Second thing, it very clearly says the plans could change.

As far as my opinion goes, I support the gating process on LFR because despite what you might think, mythic quality raiders need to do LFR for set bonuses and etc. early on in each patch. If they opened at the same time (or earlier) it would be even more necessary as you only get so much loot per raid.
    So?
    Mythic raiders will go for whatever gearing process they need to. If its not runnign LRF it will be rep grinding, or craftign or whatever they need to do. Or runnign multiple raids with alts/mains to max drop chances.
    Been there, done that. Dont want to go back to it, so I tend not to raid in organised groups. LFR has been massively successful, I'm not sure why Bliz negatively impact the many who raid LFR, to cater to the miniscule proportion of people chasing world first mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    I'll say what I want thanks. If you cant take it in context thats your problem not mine.
    yeah whatever. so any reason you refuse to do flex since it's such a big deal to see the content asap?

raids dont start opening until a week or more after the expansion starts. by the sound of that LFR opens week 4 of the expansion
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    But that requires getting into a premade group. It's too much work! If I can't afk in a city and queue up then it's unfair!
    Well technically with the new group finder, you will be able to do that. Find a Normal group in group finder, AFK in city while it fills up and then wait for a summon =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    From the blue posts on the front page it looks like a whole month before LFR is opened.

2 weeks - normal and hc
    3 weeks mythic
    4 weeks LFR.

I personally think thats total BS. I'm pretty fed up with Bliz treating LFR players as second class sub payers. I can understand harder raids being delayed, but not easier ones.

I've never bought the "it feels less epic" arguement. esp now with flex in the mix. The people going after hard modes wont be hitting LFR.

Personally I just see this as a kick in the teeth to everyone who cant or does not want to raid to a schedule, which is what LFR caters to. I've done the whole progression raid thing, and moved on. They expect me to pay a sub for not being able to do the primary content the game is based around?
    If you want the brutal truth, it would be a bit lame to see the final boss in a raid tier killed in LFR before people have killed it in normal/heroic. I don't mean that to sound elitist (I'm anything but elitist, I tell the people who want LFR removed to STFU and let everyone enjoy content) but IMO its relatively fair considering the people running N/H are working harder (in some cases, much harder) for the kills.

Also LFR has always had a timed unlock, not sure why you don't remember that. LFR only got the final wing of Siege 2 or 3 weeks ago, that's how it always works.

Having said that... do us all a favor and drop the "second class citizens" hyperbolic BS. The fact that Blizzard has created an ENTIRE difficulty of raiding/content for people like yourself, people who can't commit to the scheduled raids, proves that your kind of player matters to them as much as any other. Otherwise? They'd say 'hey, sorry, if you want to raid join a raid guild and find the time. K? Thx."

And I feel the need to emphasize that I fully support LFR raiding and its inclusion in the game - I think its stupid to spend millions of dollars designing content that a paltry 1-2% of players will see, especially when some of the best lore/story moments occur within said content. A game with a huge variety of players should have a huge variety of options, something that WoW does better than any other game I've seen.

So please don't misunderstand the opening of this post. I absolutely believe that raiding should be something that as many people as possible can experience - my only complaint/dislike with LFR is the generally toxic/abusive/AFK atmosphere. Sadly Blizzard can't fix stupid/rude.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-11-17 at 11:04 PM.

I guarantee you if it opened week 1 EVERYONE would run it for the gear that is better than heroic dungeon gear. I'm a raid leader and I don't want to have to force my guild to run LFR to help us progress in heroic/mythic. suck it up 1 month wont kill you

Deleted
    I'd hope LFR would be delayed by a bit longer if I'm honest. I raid to an average level at best but if LFR is open week one then I will feel obliged to go and do LFR to improve my character. And the majority of average and above players do not enjoy LFR (mainly due to the horrible people in it rather than the idea behind it). Also I personally would love to see a delay in all difficulties to delay the insanity that is the first week of an expansion, give people time to get used to everything new. Although opening LFR at the same time as other difficulties WOULD increase the people queuing, it would only do so because people would feel they had to for the sake of better progress through harder raids.

Also OP, if I may ask (not an insult here btw, just curious), what is it you enjoy about the game in general? Because I know for me and most people I play with it is the challenge, however in LFR I see no challenge, no level of communication or respect from ANYONE in the group, and I would honestly prefer if LFR, LFD and all other community deterrents were removed.

First week or two is chaotic enough for me w/o having to queue through LFR! Also, I am currently working and in full-time education and I can easily progress through HCs 2nights a week, I don't see how people claim they cannot :S

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    and if they dont have time for a raid schedule they'll MOST LIKELY wont hit max lvl as fast as those who do. so you kinda screwed over your own thread here
    Basically this, if you don't have time for a regular raid schedule then you probably won't be lvl 100 or even the proper ilvl to enter LFR. Since LFR caters to the more casual crowd, they really should push it out about 4 weeks anyway.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprizzmode View Post
    Also, I am currently working and in full-time education and I can easily progress through HCs 2nights a week, I don't see how people claim they cannot :S
    Because I work alternate shifts, I can only raid 4-8pm or 10:30pm-2am Mon-Fri, anytime Sat and 4-8pm Sunday, and that's before I have weekends to myself/my other half.

Simply put, working + education's nothing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind at all really.
    All raiding should be delayed honestly, because 5 mans and scenarios are more or less deserted even after the first week or two.

Besides, people always whine that content doesn't last long enough. At least delaying it makes it last a tad bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    All raiding should be delayed honestly, because 5 mans and scenarios are more or less deserted even after the first week or two.

Besides, people always whine that content doesn't last long enough. At least delaying it makes it last a tad bit longer.
    I would adore a month of time to just get alts up, professions ready, practice any class changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    yeah whatever. so any reason you refuse to do flex since it's such a big deal to see the content asap?
    I dont raid to a schedule. and I'm not that fond of pug groups in trade chat as that means I have to spend large amounts of time sitting in cities doing nothing else, when I could be out in the world enjoying it, whilst waiting for my queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    Basically this, if you don't have time for a regular raid schedule then you probably won't be lvl 100 or even the proper ilvl to enter LFR. Since LFR caters to the more casual crowd, they really should push it out about 4 weeks anyway.
    its not always about time, its about can you schedule something. Flex may help, yes, but not necessarily. If I work some shifts, I can play early mornings for instance. How many groups do you know raid at 8am?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post

Its not the delay I dont like, Its the extra delay for LFR.
    I just cant see a compellign reason to delay it past when normals come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    A month is perfectly fine. Especially with the new model of normal that makes it easier for people to get into raiding.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I guarantee you if it opened week 1 EVERYONE would run it for the gear that is better than heroic dungeon gear. I'm a raid leader and I don't want to have to force my guild to run LFR to help us progress in heroic/mythic. suck it up 1 month wont kill you
    so your sub fee is more important than mine?
    Because thats basically what it boils down to. You'dforce your raiders to do something, and because you lack the self control to not do so, I get to be penalised...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care... if it's anything like mop it's pointless using LFR to gain gear anyway. Also i can happily wait 4 weeks when i have an entire new world to explore >.<

Didn't they do this same thing with MoP launch? I can't 100% recall but I know raids weren't unlocked until the 2nd week, heroic 3rd week at least (due to needing to clear normal), LFR was 4th week. It sounds like they'll do the same thing for WoD. I certainly understand it:

1) LFR-only players would tend to take longer to hit the level cap and gear up, via a combination of not caring so much about rushing and real life/other games (remember the typical LFR player has a limited amount of playtime, they aren't always playing WoW and raiding isn't their primary focus)

2) The first tier at least LFR is going to be much more useful for everyone, as it will fill gaps in the gearing process that are missing from heroics/reputation/crafted. Especially if there are choice loot, trinkets, weapons/shields and especially tier, LFR provides an early advantage in these cases, so it makes sense to have it unlock last so it's a bonus and not a requirement